PDA

View Full Version : H-Bomb at Little Sahara-Oklahoma

DaleJrFan
05-27-2006, 04:20 PM
H-Bomb films are going to be at Little Sahara on Saturday, June 17th doing a free-style show that night. It is going to be in conjunction with Sand Jam. There is a flyer on their site under the forums-announcements/Little Sahara.

There is going to be a group of us from OKC heading there that weekend, anyone else interested?

tar
05-27-2006, 08:54 PM
awesome hopefully I can make it, arer you going

tar
05-27-2006, 09:27 PM
what is there website ?

DaleJrFan
05-28-2006, 09:02 AM
Go to google and type in H-Bomb films and it will pull up. The flyer is in the forums under Little Sahara.

I plan on going but that is 3 weeks away and anything can happen between now and then.

ohsobad_chevy
05-30-2006, 12:17 PM
Here is the site to the little sahara page:

http://www.ismasters.com/lsforum/

Here is the link to the SANDJAM 2006 flyer:

http://www.waynoka.com/sandjam06.htm

Yes, I will be there. Me and my g/f are going to see the bombsquad. :devil:

DaleJrFan
05-30-2006, 08:38 PM
I am hoping that there isnt going to be a huge crowd but as it gets closer there may be some more people interested. There are some guys from bansheehq getting a group together. Lets all pray for some cooler weather that weekend.

BADA**R
05-31-2006, 02:58 AM
I will be there I hope.

Titanium
05-31-2006, 09:00 AM
i'll be down there for sure. i'll be down there with my kfx 400. jus look for a kfx with a honda red powdercoated exhaust pipe with green plastics and cut front fenders with some gecko paddles on it.

maynard22
05-31-2006, 10:24 AM
Steve-

It looks like there will be a group of us from Tulsa coming up that weekend. Have you reserved a spot?

spud400ex
05-31-2006, 10:27 AM
i might be down there. my group is going one of the next two weekends, my dads quad is getting some work done to it so it might depend on when it gets put back together.

DaleJrFan
05-31-2006, 11:13 AM
Zack, I looked at reserving a spot but they still want to charge for 4 days for a reserve fee and I only need one. We might get a room at the hotel, it is still kinda in the works. I will call you later and maybe we can all get together.

Steve

pharit
05-31-2006, 02:49 PM
me and bada**r should be down there, I'll probably be tryin to sell my 88250R if anyone is interested look for the 88 R with stock plastic and a for sale sign

LaLaLoosh
05-31-2006, 03:04 PM
There will be about 20 of us heading down there. I just got back from Little Sahara. Went for Memorial weekend. They are advertising it pretty well. Everyone i talked to there said that they were coming back to see H-Bomb.

Plan on it being really really crowded.

tar
06-02-2006, 01:36 PM
I talked to my dad and we are going for sure. I will try to get a good group to go with us. Is it worth reserving a spot.

Honda_7x
06-03-2006, 06:00 PM
well be making the 12 hour trip down from nebraska that weekend for a couple days of riden and will also catch the show

sounds like it will be packed that weekend

txraptor
06-12-2006, 07:31 AM
The H-bomb thread is all over alot of other forums.There should be alot of people there.

ohsobad_chevy
06-13-2006, 08:21 AM
Where are they going to do the freestyle show? anyone know? I would guess they are going to block off a street and do it in downtown Waynoka.

Titanium
06-13-2006, 09:58 AM
well looks like i might not be goin again:mad: . turns out i don't get to go down there again because i have to work once again.:ermm: :grr:

maynard22
06-13-2006, 09:59 AM
They are doing it by Little Sahara Sandsports shop in the South end of the dunes.

ohsobad_chevy
06-13-2006, 11:12 AM
Titanium, That sucks arse, bro!! They wont let you have a day off? As for doing it by little sahara sandsports, I never thought of that, it sounds like a good place to do it at, after all they only need about 75 yard stretch or so...
HOOAH, I can't wait to see them crazy mo fos. :devil: :eek:

tar
06-14-2006, 07:31 PM
yea I can't wait
What will everyone be driving or riding because there is a little group of us and I would like to meet some of the people on this website. I will be on a yellow 2002 400ex with sparks pipe, prm skids, and probably no bumper b/c I hit a big ars rock with my stocker:rolleyes:

I will be running stock tires in front and sandstars in the rear.

Honda_7x
06-14-2006, 09:17 PM
yea dude the show will be sick and ill be catching the akraix's redwood falls show july 7th so ill be geting my bit of QFX in ....... cant wait for the backflip up in minnesota , wish Chistian was gonna be flippin in Oklahoma friday

as for our group we have 13 quads, 2 yfz, my 450r, 2 z400's, 2 kfx 400s , grizzly, kodiak, blaster, moto 4, sportsman, and a predator

blue suburban pulling a snowmobile trailer with 10 on it and a maroon picup pulling a camper with 2 quads behind it and also a expidition pullin a camper

hope to have some fun

ohsobad_chevy
06-15-2006, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by tar
yea I can't wait
What will everyone be driving or riding because there is a little group of us and I would like to meet some of the people on this website. I will be on a yellow 2002 400ex with sparks pipe, prm skids, and probably no bumper b/c I hit a big ars rock with my stocker:rolleyes:

I will be running stock tires in front and sandstars in the rear.

Tar, Whats up pal, Are you from Bartlesville as well? I will be driving a 96' model white chevrolet pickup ext cab. I will be on a 2004 400ex with a hmf pipe. Do you all have a camp site reserved or are you gonna camp at the first come first served sites in the park?

Titanium
06-15-2006, 10:35 AM
well since i'm not goin this weekend:mad: i'm deff goin nex wendsday. i already told the boss how it is lol. i jus bought some new sandstar paddles for the trip yesterday. i also bought some renthal handle bars while i was at it.

tar
06-15-2006, 06:53 PM
Tar, Whats up pal, Are you from Bartlesville as well? I will be driving a 96' model white chevrolet pickup ext cab. I will be on a 2004 400ex with a hmf pipe. Do you all have a camp site reserved or are you gonna camp at the first come first served sites in the park?

I found out this evening that I can't go because I don't have a ride.I am really bummed out. Everyone make sure to get pics and a video for me. Can't wait untill I am 16 that's still another year and 3 quarters though.

:mad:

ohsobad_chevy
06-15-2006, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by tar

I found out this evening that I can't go because I don't have a ride.I am really bummed out. Everyone make sure to get pics and a video for me. Can't wait untill I am 16 that's still another year and 3 quarters though.

:mad:

I am sorry to hear that bro, I will make sure to take good pics for ya though. Not being 16 sucks, I know, I was there once too. Sorry that you can't go this time, but there will be plenty more times man.

tar
06-18-2006, 04:49 PM
If you have pics please post them.

spud400ex
06-18-2006, 07:00 PM
I don't have any pics but the freestyle show was sick.

Honda_7x
06-18-2006, 08:04 PM
ill post some pics of the show within a day or two as soon as i can upload the pics on my dial up jesus is slow

bemis and sheldon were throwin down for sure and they are a hell of a nice bunch of guys

tar
06-18-2006, 08:56 PM
I wish I could have been there. Was it packed?

DaleJrFan
06-19-2006, 06:50 AM
I wasnt as packed as I thought it would be. There was more of a family atmosphere this weekend than usual. The north campground was empty while the south was full.

The show was great. We got to talk to the guys for a while after it was done and they were alot more down to earth than I expected. The guy announcing gave us T-shirts and was pretty cool. They all said they wanted to come back and ride but none of them brought paddles so they said they would be more prepared for the next trip.

Did anyone ride Friday night during the lightning? We got there around 9 and just went out a little ways past the drag strip and turned around, didnt want to take a chance on getting fried by 1.21 jigawatts, but everytime the sky lit up, it looked pretty cool. Saturday morning was perfect to ride.

tar
06-19-2006, 07:31 AM
How late did the show last?

ohsobad_chevy
06-19-2006, 07:41 AM
We got there at about 9:45. It was pouring down on us from Jet, OK all the way to Waynoka. We unloaded our quads when it stopped raining (right when we got there). Before we could get em warmed up and head to the gate it started raining again. We got back in the truck and waited it out, after it quit the next time it was completely over with. Needless to say, we rode until 4:30 the next morning. Friday night we were jumpin a small dune, had a pretty good lip on the jump though. I hit it about 3rd pinned... endoed and hat to bail off my quad, next morning, my back hurt so bad I couldn't move. I got up and walked around to stretch it out and was back riding by 8:00 Sat morning. The show was RAD as hell. Those guys are sik. I think they had the jump set at 50 Ft. is what I heard em say when they were measuring. Ryan Bemis tore that shi$%t up, as we all expected. I didn't get any pics of them, didn't have access to my digital camera. Anyone who got pics from the show or pics in general, post em up, please. HBOMB ROCKS!!!! :D :D

Show lasted about 45 mins.

spud400ex
06-19-2006, 08:59 AM
I got there about 4:00 friday afternoon and we got on ride in then started workin on my quad. When I headed to the gate to ride the guy working told me that there was a big storm coming with hail and 65 mph wind :eek2: . But the riding the next morning was awesome. One kid in the group had this half helmet that was painted with a stars and strips theme, you guys probly saw him out there on a green honda rancher :ermm: . It was a great time.

ohsobad_chevy
06-19-2006, 09:39 AM
I wish I wouldn't of forgot my digital camera (Damn it) or I would have some pics up for you all. If anyone has pics, get em up.

DaleJrFan
06-19-2006, 11:36 AM
I will get some up hopefully later today. I talked to Don and Lance about getting them back to to the backflip and they said they would talk about it maybe for Snakehunt.

The show lasted for about 45 minutes or so, there was only 4 of them and they were pretty wore out, each one of them hit the ramp at least 25 times or so.

DaleJrFan
06-19-2006, 06:32 PM
does anyone know how to re-size pictures? when I attach the file, it says it is too big. the max is 150,000 and these pics are 300,000 bytes. they came off my memory card and I am a computer dummy so any help would be gratefull.

freundly
06-19-2006, 09:09 PM
I've had the same problems. I don't know how to resize, but if you put them on photobucket.com you can use the IMG button on here & they will post ok.

tar
06-19-2006, 09:29 PM
Open them up under paint and go to sketch and skew and reduce the size.

Honda_7x
06-19-2006, 10:33 PM
ya we rode in the rain untill we ran outa gas it was pretty awsome riden under the lightening storm the rain realy screwed up the razor backs so it wasnt realy great for jumping saturday but atleast it wasnt windy like thursday and friday befor the storm jesus.......

we were sitting just below and between the ramp and the landing in lawn chairs and heard bemis say 67ft when he was measuring the show was awsome and the guys were realy nice we had a room in the little sahara hotel and were right next to sheldon and the guys room we talked to them for 25 mins or so hes a hell of a nice guy

i liked when some guy yelled "I wanna see a kiss a death" in the microphone that was hilarious

ohsobad_chevy
06-20-2006, 07:43 AM
LOL, Yeah, I liked that too. Then the announcer was makin fun of his accent...Hahaha. Bemis flat out kiks arse!!! I liked the wheely up the landing ramp and them stoppied down the other side. that was very nice:eek2: :eek2: Thos guys should definately come back.
Is there anyone in here that would honestly hit that ramp if they had a chance? I would think about it if they moved it closer (30-35 ft.) Keep in mind that I got stock suspension though. :ermm: :ermm:

DaleJr.Fan: Email the pictures to the following e-mail address: ohsobad_chevy@yahoo.com I will host them and upload them for you.

ohsobad_chevy
06-20-2006, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by tar
Open them up under paint and go to sketch and skew and reduce the size.

Dale, do not do this, you can host them on photobucket or another free hosting site. you would have to resize them to almost nothing.

Honda_7x
06-20-2006, 10:24 PM
hey guys i posted some pics of the show in freestyle section

yea we were talking to them and they said we could but had to sign a waver they also told us theyd move it up sunday if we stayed but we had to leave at 8 in the morning

our rev 3 is at 30 some odd feet we woulda pry tried 40ft

DaleJrFan
06-21-2006, 06:54 AM
Thanks,I will e-mail them to you when I get home. They said they were hitting that ramp in second gear and just rolling on to the throttle half way up it. The announcer was telling us that they have all kinds of guys show up at their compound wanting to join the Bomb Squad so they test them out on a smaller ramp and work their way up to the ramp we saw and bigger, he said they could do just a wreck video from all the crashes the amatures have just trying out for the team. If you think about it, that ramp is no bigger than some dunes you jump, it just intimidating having to land on that little dirt pile.

DaleJrFan
06-23-2006, 08:35 PM
Under the Freestyle forum, there is pictures of the show.