PDA

View Full Version : Hatfield-Mccoy trails

ekoostik9
05-27-2006, 09:35 AM
I just moved to Pa recently from Vermont and heard about the Hatfield Mccoy trails in West Virginia. I was wondering what these trails are like? Hill Climbs? Rutted? Etc. I was told they are awesome. Thanks

exrider44
05-27-2006, 10:54 AM
A group of us took a trip down there from NJ. It was a good time. We didnt get to really cover alot of the trail system due to everyone getting their tires sliced. Make sure you have some 6plys. There didnt seem to be alot of rock but I guess whatever rock their was had sharp edges. Lemme tell ya I rode in Vermont years ago and the trails were just incredible. We rode up some mountain trail that took you to a spot where people hang glide off of. Pretty insane trails up there. Im sure we rode some of the snowmobile trails even though we werent supposed to.

ekoostik9
05-27-2006, 01:32 PM
Ya Vermont has some great riding i definately miss it, some insane stuff. but Here in western PA are some nice trails we got 150acres and ive made some nice stuff. Down at Hatfield is there hard stuff or is it just pretty much a family type riding situation. im sure the usual 4x4 crap is there.

exrider44
05-28-2006, 09:35 PM
There was alot of 4x4 's there. Some sport bikes though. Also some two wheelers. Some familys ride there. You can definetely get on it a good amount. Maybe 4th if that. Some tight trails also alot of the harder stuff we didnt tackle I may be wrong but I think its 4x4 country. I am spoiled now because I ride near the jersey shore. Alot of sand and you can hammer wide open in some spots. I do miss woods trails but one thing I dont miss is climbing boulders and never getting out of second gear and if you do its for like a couple of seconds. North Jersey for the most part has rock trails.

ohiok5
05-30-2006, 01:31 AM
there is a good vid of that place on google. just go to google video and search for hatfield-mckoy trail. i thought it looked very promising. where is it in wv??

04RED400EX
05-30-2006, 11:48 AM
I rode Hatfield and McCoy trails last year. It is a great place to ride. I drove down from PA. It is a long drive but worth it. The easy trails are real easy. I rode mostly the medium trails. They are rutted out with rocks and tree roots. 16 people went down and no one got a flat or broke down. I rode 1 hard trail and it was not to bad going down, but I don't think I could have made it back up. We found some hill climbs but not a lot. Most of the time we had the trails to ourselves.