PDA

View Full Version : Question about a-arms

jvd182
05-27-2006, 07:58 AM
When buying new a arms what should u look for, i think i heard that there i a computer program that only a couple comanys had to reduce bump steer and such, and other things like that and what companys have that program??

TBD
05-27-2006, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by jvd182
When buying new a arms what should u look for, i think i heard that there i a computer program that only a couple comanys had to reduce bump steer and such, and other things like that and what companys have that program??
I use two different programs to design my arms and you might be able to change bumpsteer but very little. Not even a noticeable difference. The real key is to get the wheel travel to work with the bumpsteer. In other words you try to get the travel in a part of the suspension cycle to where the bumpsteer is not that bad. In order to reduce bumpsteer you would have to change either the frame mounts (narrow them up) or change the tie rod location at the spindle or stem and in that case it would only relocate the bumpsteer. Meaning that the bumpsteer would still be there but would be in a better position with the travel cycle. I hope this makes sense.