PDA

View Full Version : Wrist problems

shaggyfrog
05-27-2006, 01:54 AM
While i was in college i noticed that all the rock climbing/bouldering i did made my wrists start hurting extremely bad. I had never had problems with them before. Now when i ride after an hour or so it is so painful to pull my clutch back that it takes the fun out of it and the jumps also do a number on my wrists. I bought a dynaflex gyro ball to try and help strengthen my wrists but i was wondering if anyone else had similar problems and what you did to overcome it?

firefighterjosh
05-27-2006, 02:00 AM
My elbow has a similar problem. They say it could be my tendens stretching??? :confused:

MR.BIG
05-27-2006, 07:49 AM
I sprained both of my wrists a while back so I also have to be careful. I also get soar elbows too but thats from lifting heavy weights at the gym. I just started taking glucosamine with chrondrotin and msm. It's seems to help alot it's for joint health so you could try it and see if it works for you. You can get it at walmart or vitamin world.

NorCalRacer
05-27-2006, 08:51 AM
Glucosamine...... Great stuff!!!!:D
That's what helped me.

shaggyfrog
05-27-2006, 11:23 AM
Hmm...never thought of supplements to help. Thats a good idea! I've never had a doctor look at it, so i've never had anyone try to "diagnose" where exactly the problem originates or what is causing it.
But yeah, i'll have to check into this glucosamine.