PDA

View Full Version : used cam

skipjack
05-26-2006, 06:49 PM
I have a chance to buy a used stage 1, but i dont know if i should buy a used cam or not. looking for some info.

miller821
05-26-2006, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by skipjack
I have a chance to buy a used stage 1, but i dont know if i should buy a used cam or not. looking for some info.
I would def. look it over really good, and ask him how many hours he has on it...

krt400ex
05-27-2006, 08:24 AM
NO WAY!!!!!!!! Definately go with new. you don't know what he's done to it. if the cam goes then you could have the piston slam into the valves, causing them to bend or the piston to get a hole in it. your whole top end could get destroyed with something like that happening. or your connecting rod could get bent or broken, ripping a hole in the cylinder wall. all this could happen if your cam fails to work properly. then you will be spending thousands to repair the bike. I would just spend the $170 on a new cam and rest assured that all these things will be much less likely to happen.

speedracer13t
05-30-2006, 05:48 PM
I bought a used top end which included a cam. However, I knew about how many hours were on it and who did all the work on the top end. Then I had the same guy swap my top end out for the one i bought.

BORY
05-30-2006, 07:07 PM
NOOO...u dont know how many hours are on it. there are ALOT of 2 faced ppl out there u can say 10 but meen 1000 or w/e i wouldnt. thats me.