PDA

View Full Version : Ahh No Brakes!!!!

FutureRacer
05-26-2006, 06:06 PM
One day i went out riding with me and my friends and all of a sudden, no pressure in my rear brake lines at all, im lucky it didnt take into effect till we hit pavement, otherwise, i coulda really gotten hurt. But my question is, I have replaced the o-ring in the parking brake, then decided to get a block off, now brake oil leaks from the block off and somewhere else, as well. I cant get any pressure, i have tried bleeding the brakes, i am pretty sure i was doing it right, STILL NOTHING. I am getting VERY VERY FRUSTRATED because i told my dad and he wont let me ride until they are fixed. MAN SOMEONE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!.
By the way, i have an 02 400ex.
Thanks, Kelley

red4r
05-26-2006, 07:02 PM
wierd that happend to me on my 05 r... i had no pressure in the bak breaks and they wouldn't even engage ...then while i was riding the trak they came back... i dont kno wats up with it but it hasnt happend again

JOEX
05-26-2006, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by FutureRacer
One day i went out riding with me and my friends and all of a sudden, no pressure in my rear brake lines at all, im lucky it didnt take into effect till we hit pavement, otherwise, i coulda really gotten hurt. But my question is, I have replaced the o-ring in the parking brake, then decided to get a block off, now brake oil leaks from the block off and somewhere else, as well. I cant get any pressure, i have tried bleeding the brakes, i am pretty sure i was doing it right, STILL NOTHING. I am getting VERY VERY FRUSTRATED because i told my dad and he wont let me ride until they are fixed. MAN SOMEONE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!.
By the way, i have an 02 400ex.
Thanks, Kelley
It could be the master cylinder. I lost pressure too with no signs of leaking. One of the seals in there was starting to deteriorate on mine.

I rebuilt the cylinder and put new seals in the caliper and got the pressure back. But the little o-ring near the parking break started to leak:mad: Got a new one today.... hopefully it's the right one:chinese:

JW450R1
05-28-2006, 04:46 AM
brake systems on quads are hard to get the air out.it seems like air get trapted in the master cyclinder and is a ***** to get out.

greg_gorrell
05-28-2006, 10:53 AM
when you have brake fluid comming out of the block-off plate then you have a bad seal. take off the block-oof plate and theres part of the piston comming through the hole. push that out the other side and the seal is in that smaller hole. just replace that and that should do the trick. i would replace the other two seals on the other side also, on the bigger part of the piston.

DezSled
05-28-2006, 06:38 PM
Sometimes when assembling the pistons in the brake caliper bores the seals get pinched. This assembly lube makes it easier to not have problems with seals not aligning in the bores. Good luck

JOEX
05-30-2006, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by JW450R1
brake systems on quads are hard to get the air out.it seems like air get trapted in the master cyclinder and is a ***** to get out.
I did the rear twice this week, once with everything dry. Took about two minutes each time.:cool: :blah:

Haven't done the fronts in awhile, it does take a bit longer but not much;)

FutureRacer
05-31-2006, 05:35 PM
I fixed them by comparing my inside of the piston bore to my brothers, it turned i was missing this big boot, somehow it gos majorly DESTROYED, hmm Thanks for all of the suggestions guys. Also, is there such a thing as to little air in your brake lines or to much pressure, because im not used to my brakes being this pressurized.
Thanks,
Kelley