PDA

View Full Version : Ahh!!!!

FutureRacer
05-26-2006, 06:05 PM
One day i went out riding with me and my friends and all of a sudden, no pressure in my rear brake lines at all, im lucky it didnt take into effect till we hit pavement, otherwise, i coulda really gotten hurt. But my question is, I have replaced the o-ring in the parking brake, then decided to get a block off, now brake oil leaks from the block off and somewhere else, as well. I cant get any pressure, i have tried bleeding the brakes, i am pretty sure i was doing it right, STILL NOTHING. I am getting VERY VERY FRUSTRATED because i told my dad and he wont let me ride until they are fixed. MAN SOMEONE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!.

miller821
05-26-2006, 08:01 PM
Yes, I put a parking brake on and I was leaking also... What we did was cut out some cardboard and used it as a gasket, and its worked fine ever since... But as for the brakes not working, either you need to bleed them almost completely, or your losing way to much brake fluid... Try what I did then bleed em, and see where your at then.

A A R O N
05-26-2006, 11:52 PM
Although the cardboard sounds innovative lol, try something like fast gasket. It's like $4 at the auto parts store, and easy to do. Just put on in a bead like glue and put the block off on and tighten it just barely....then wait an hour or so for the gasket to cure, and torque it down all the way. Garunteed no leaks as long as you do it right. Then you'll know for sure whether the problem is that it's not sealed, or if you just havn't bled the brakes right.

JOEX
05-27-2006, 09:10 AM
Putting a gasket on the block off wont fix the leaking problem, it'll just hide it for awhile.

FutureRacer
05-28-2006, 09:30 AM
HELP!!

spent21
05-28-2006, 09:41 AM
you shouldn't have fluid pressure at the block off plate. the o-ring that is there is a backup if you have leak-by at the e-brake pin seal. disassemble your caliper and check that o-ring. servicehonda.com has an exploded view of the caliper that you can go by if you don't have a service manual. good luck! :p

DieselBoy
05-28-2006, 10:17 PM
Sounds like possibly your master cylinder is in need of some attention, or your caliper needs repairing/replacement. Follow any obvious leaks and inspect the problem area, if you've bled the lines and your not getting any pressure, your master cylinder may be faulty.

spent21
05-29-2006, 08:45 AM
if it is leaking from the caliper, diesel, he doesn't have master cylinder problems....

DieselBoy
05-29-2006, 04:26 PM
if the master cylinder is not working right there won't be the needed pressure, he SAID he can't get any pressure. He didn't say the caliper was leaking, did he?

Search for leaks at caliper, otherwise, I would take apart/inspect the master cylinder.

killed300ex
05-29-2006, 07:13 PM
sounds like you need to rebuild the caliper not a hard just just take your time.
Evan

spent21
05-30-2006, 06:15 AM
read diesel........" now brake oil leaks from the block off " yes he DID say the caliper was leaking. in his very FIRST POST. :rolleyes:

DieselBoy
05-30-2006, 03:27 PM
My appologies, your majesty.

I don't know what the block off is....

FutureRacer
05-31-2006, 05:36 PM
I fixed them by comparing my inside of the piston bore to my brothers, it turned i was missing this big boot, somehow it gos majorly DESTROYED, hmm Thanks for all of the suggestions guys. Also, is there such a thing as to little air in your brake lines or to much pressure, because im not used to my brakes being this pressurized.
Thanks,
Kelley