PDA

View Full Version : how to instal axle?

thrasher_ex
05-25-2006, 07:01 PM
my stock axle is bent, so i'm going with the durablue x-33 pin drive. I was wondering how hard it is to switch axles. Is it easy enough to do with moderate mechanical skills or is it something left to a shop? If anyone has a list of steps to follow to switch the axles that would be great. thanks for the help.

05-25-2006, 07:06 PM
if you cant change the axle out yourself you need to find a new hobby. First you take the locknut off. Then you loosen the chain up all the way and move it off the rear sprocket. Then you remove the tires. then you put the rear sprocket on your new axle. then you reinstall the axle. it will prob. take you 15 minutes after you do it once.

400exrider707
05-25-2006, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by thrasher_ex
my stock axle is bent, so i'm going with the durablue x-33 pin drive. I was wondering how hard it is to switch axles. Is it easy enough to do with moderate mechanical skills or is it something left to a shop? If anyone has a list of steps to follow to switch the axles that would be great. thanks for the help.

If your getting an x-33, make sure you get the better one with the billet hubs. The cast ones wear out and loosen up substantially, and durablue will NOT replace them as they are considered a wear item. Just save yourself the trouble and get the billet hubs now.

05-25-2006, 11:44 PM
save urself and just dont buy durapoo period

bwilson624
05-27-2006, 12:41 AM
save urself and just dont buy durapoo period

Coming from the man who doesn't like it if it isn't in his sig. What do you run Mike? What is better than Durablue? What do a lot of pros run? And last but not least, why would the pros run them if they were indeed junk? Coming from an earlier post, and what your mom used to say, If you don't have something nice to say, just don't say anything at all!

Abrannan19
05-27-2006, 06:52 AM
OMG here we go again.the axle is rather easy to change but that lock nut is a pain in the arse ....it is soooo tight when they are brand new.you will need a big crescent wrench or a pipe wrench if you are planning on replacing the axle nut and lock nut the pipe wrench will leave some serious teeth mark on them.

05-27-2006, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by bwilson624
Coming from the man who doesn't like it if it isn't in his sig. What do you run Mike? What is better than Durablue? What do a lot of pros run? And last but not least, why would the pros run them if they were indeed junk? Coming from an earlier post, and what your mom used to say, If you don't have something nice to say, just don't say anything at all! rofl you are such an idiot. If I didnt run XC id get a longer lonestar or PRM but theres no need for one if mine is not bent. Name me the PROS that run a durablue and arent sponsored ;) there you go. why dont you add something useful to your post instead of just calling you out. that way when I make you look like an idiot you could have at least brough something to the post. And whats with the mom joke? ive seen too many people where I ride bend durablues and gforces to ever buy one. THATS WHY THERE NOT IN MY SIG!

05-28-2006, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
if you cant change the axle out yourself you need to find a new hobby. lol thats what i was thinking

plus, he doesn't know how to change an axle but has a 450r o.0

Abrannan19
05-28-2006, 07:44 AM
every axle is gonna bend ALL OF THEM if you hit them wrong..they all have lifetime warranty...dont down g-force or durablue. sow what makes RPM and LSR so much better??

400exrider707
05-28-2006, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by Abrannan19
every axle is gonna bend ALL OF THEM if you hit them wrong..they all have lifetime warranty...dont down g-force or durablue. sow what makes RPM and LSR so much better??

They bend less often...and durablue does not have lifetime on their full line of axles by the way. I definitely would not get the lower model durablues, an x-33 would be the only durablue I would by, which is actually beefier than any of the other axles out there including lonestar or RPM.

JR3
05-28-2006, 08:09 AM
rofl you are such an idiot. If I didnt run XC id get a longer lonestar or PRM but theres no need for one if mine is not bent. Name me the PROS that run a durablue and arent sponsored ;) there you go. why dont you add something useful to your post instead of just calling you out. that way when I make you look like an idiot you could have at least brough something to the post. And whats with the mom joke? ive seen too many people where I ride bend durablues and gforces to ever buy one. THATS WHY THERE NOT IN MY SIG!

name me the pros that run rpm and lonestar that arent sponsored

bwilson624
05-29-2006, 09:18 PM
Thank you JR3. Mike I'm just telling you that ppl are getting tired of reading your comments that have nothing to do with helping the post. Thats it.

05-29-2006, 10:48 PM
if you cant change the axle out yourself you need to find a new hobby. First you take the locknut off. Then you loosen the chain up all the way and move it off the rear sprocket. Then you remove the tires. then you put the rear sprocket on your new axle. then you reinstall the axle. it will prob. take you 15 minutes after you do it once. so I guess that step by step post didint help him? u fuxxing idiots need to either 1. block my posts from viewing, its not that hard go into your settings, 2. stfu, 3. go to another website. there you go GET A LIFE SOMEWHERE OTHER THEN HERE!

05-29-2006, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by bwilson624
Thank you JR3. Mike I'm just telling you that ppl are getting tired of reading your comments that have nothing to do with helping the post. Thats it. dude...uve been on this website for like 60 days....:ermm: :rolleyes: u talk like youve been on this website for years. sit back and chill NOOB

ChrisSekerak
05-30-2006, 07:55 AM
I sit back and read alot of these posts because they deal with my bike.

I do not like the fact that we have a 19yr. old punk on this site. It is funny how much crap he talks on this thing.

Usually people who do this cannot or do not have the balls in real life to just act mature and not make posts about something that they have no knowledge about.

So mixmastermike...if you have something to say please come find me, do not talk crap on the computer.

Thanks F*G.

bwilson624
06-02-2006, 10:35 AM
I do not like the fact that we have a 19yr. old punk on this site. It is funny how much crap he talks on this thing.

No joke. If you want to stop running your mouth then just PM me for my address. It's no big deal. And I do have a great life and a great family other than on here, but we get tired of hearing this Mike punk talk trash. The best thing you can do is just stop the trash talking right here, or man up and do something. To talk on the computer is one thing, but I bet you are more of a punk than we even know. And watch your language, there are kids on here. Have some respect!