PDA

View Full Version : Broke peg bolts

tltcracing
05-25-2006, 11:57 AM
Just wandering if anyone else has done this. The right side broke when i was practicing with my pro armor race peg nerfs. I was also wandering if anyone has had problembs with the welds on their pro armor nerfs, all the lower heal gard welds broke and the 90 degree welds are starting to crack on both sides. Im gonna call pro armor but i dont think they will do anything because i have had them for a year and a half.

tltcracing
05-25-2006, 11:57 AM
heal

eganracing
05-26-2006, 12:08 AM
i had a set of pro armors and had the same problem. i just took it to a welder guy and he layed down some serious welds and i havent had any problems since. i dont think pro armor is going to do anything.

HRC_rider
05-26-2006, 04:53 AM
That's bad news. I just got my Pro Pegs this week but haven't been out for a ride on them yet. As I looked them over I was thinking that they had less welds and bends than other styles I had looked at and hence figured they were a better design.

thrasher_ex
05-26-2006, 05:08 AM
i just looked over mine last night and it seems that they have cracks in the exact same places, though they haven't seperated yet. My peg bolts have come loose a couple times, so I just loc-tite'd them on there. Ive have my nerfs since they day i bought the bike 6 months ago.

Jersey450R
05-26-2006, 07:19 AM
do a search. i made a thread about this years ago and quadjunkies did also.

tltcracing
05-26-2006, 09:38 AM
i have been pleased with my PA's for two years now. i dont know why things would start hapening now. im gonna takem to a welder and get him to weld em up and put tiny gussets around where it cracked.

4strokin
05-26-2006, 02:43 PM
beside the first pic u posted, the welds are not cracking its the aluminum thats breaking. aluminum is a lighter material and it also has some downfalls. in your case it looks like it had a lot of stress over the past 1.5 yrs and it finally broke. i have had ac nerfs for a while they seem to be fine. that sux what happened to you but they can be welded up just fine.

bwilson624
05-27-2006, 12:25 AM
I just got my AC blacklines mounted this week, so this weekend will be the first ride on them. I'll keep it posted as to how they do.

White7
05-28-2006, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by 4strokin
the welds are not cracking its the aluminum thats breaking. aluminum is a lighter material and it also has some downfalls. in your case it looks like it had a lot of stress over the past 1.5 yrs and it finally broke. i have had ac nerfs for a while they seem to be fine. that sux what happened to you but they can be welded up just fine.
DING DING DING we have a winner

JW450R1
06-10-2006, 05:16 AM
how did u make out with your p/a crackes.did u call them?.did they help u out,or seen u on your way....

tltcracing
06-10-2006, 11:32 AM
I never called them because i am 98% sure they wont do anything plus my freinds dad is a welder and will wel em up and make mini gussets for free.

JW450R1
06-10-2006, 04:47 PM
THATS THE BEST WAY TO GO