PDA

View Full Version : new chain for polaris 90?

300exOH
05-25-2006, 09:54 AM
Just wondering what brand of chain I should get for my daughters Polaris Scrambler 90? The stock one is so stretched its out of adjustment. The sprockets look good still so I'm just looking for a good replacement.

Also where's the best/cheapest place to pick one up?

Thanks

LT80
05-25-2006, 11:59 AM
Ya get what ya pay for dude.
I'd recommend a Regina chain. O or X ring of course.
Most any chain manufacturer recommends putting on new sprockets with the chain but if the is NO VISABLE wear then I'd just get a chain.
Rockymountain, James Lucky or just open any quad magazine and you'll find a few suppliers. :)

300exOH
05-25-2006, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by LT80
Ya get what ya pay for dude.
I'd recommend a Regina chain. O or X ring of course.
Most any chain manufacturer recommends putting on new sprockets with the chain but if the is NO VISABLE wear then I'd just get a chain.
Rockymountain, James Lucky or just open any quad magazine and you'll find a few suppliers. :)

Yeah. the stock chains are crap on these. I don't even think it's an O ring chain. I haven't checked around yet. I wasn't sure if places like Rockymountainatv would carry mini atv chains. I haven't check out the sprockets real closely but the last time I looked they were in perfect shape(no sawtooth). I was going to check them out again before I order anything just to be sure.

Thanks for the input.

LT80
05-25-2006, 03:39 PM
Your welcome. :)
FYI: I believe your chain size is 520. If not it's 428. Either way, there is no "mini chain". Order the same chain as if it was going on your 300ex.

BTW:: N E ohio eh...I'm 7 miles from Conneaut, just in the PA line.
Are we close?

300exOH
05-25-2006, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by LT80
Your welcome. :)
FYI: I believe your chain size is 520. If not it's 428. Either way, there is no "mini chain". Order the same chain as if it was going on your 300ex.

BTW:: N E ohio eh...I'm 7 miles from Conneaut, just in the PA line.
Are we close?

I think it is a 428 chain. I know it isn't 520. This is the first chain I've had to order so it's kind of new to me. I just need to count the links to find the length right?

We're somewhat close...about 2 hours away. I'm just south of cleveland.

chickenman26
05-26-2006, 05:59 AM
it is a 428 chain i would buy a quality motocross chain you will
get longer life out of it (imo)