PDA

View Full Version : Do you have to drill holes to mount ac pro pegs?

yellow400
08-08-2002, 08:15 PM
Do you have to drill any holes to mount ac pro pegs. If possible can you post pictures of how to do it, and are they easy to install

BornOnFire
08-08-2002, 10:55 PM
I just installed mine tonight and man what a pain in the arse! You have to drill holes to attach the heelguards to the footpegs and they recommend drilling a hole and running a bolt through the aluminum where it attaches to the steel footpeg bracket, but I did not do this. One reason is that I did not get the necessary bolts included with my hardware. So, either A) I got short changed, or B) the manufacturer doesn't think it's necessary anymore and does not include the bolts. Who knows? They are plenty sturdy w/out them. I'll probably call AC tomorrow to find out!

08-09-2002, 08:27 PM
you only need to drill holes if you want to install the heel gards but you dont really nead them if you plan to race. and i would highley reccomend drilling hold through the foot peg and through th steel mounting bracket and putting a buold suvured with a nut in there because if you dont they will slide around on the peg i hope this helps

Lorduss
08-09-2002, 09:42 PM
infact i got my ac propegs earlyer.
and yes you do have to drill holes to install them
and YES they are a big pain in the but.
personaly, first thing i noticed is i need 2 washers for the left stell peg mount, the right one has a spacer to miss the rear break setup, the otherside doesnt, but when i bolted the bolts back in, they had some space between them and the mount and i was out of thread on the bolt, i tryed threading the bolt further down but theres to much meterial, i didnt want to break my tap,
i got 2 small washers, and bored them out a little to fit the bolts and then i was able to securley mount the left bracket,
mount the brackets as forward as possable, so you have less stretching of the nerf bars to do to allign them to the motor mount, another feature i didnt like, i dont see why they all mount to the motor mount but oh well.
you need to drill holes to securley mount them, trust me, if you cant drill holes you wouldnt want to ride,
so i hope you have a good drill and bit setup.

i personaly found the setup sheet included to be utterly pointless, they took color photos and made black and white copys. so you cant see anything at all, completely useless,

the setup sheet also mentioned using the 8X45 MM bolts to mount the pegs to the motor mount, dont do that unless you want stipped bolts, i had to use the 8X55 bolts, they barley went all the way into the bolt!

the **** guards wernt properly welded togeather, they need to fix there jig, because mine didnt go on right, and i had to do some bending and trimming to try and mount it nice and level, otherwise it was all tweaked,

the kit includes no lock washers, i kinda thought that was bad on there part,

you do need to drill sevral holes, you have to drill holes to mount the nerfs to stell breackets, you have to drill drain holes in the pegs so water drains, and you have to drill more holes to attach the heal guards to the pegs if you want them mounted securley..

as much of a pain as they were, i still highly recemend them over any other.

BadA$$440
08-10-2002, 10:28 AM
I dont know why u had to use a drill, all i used is a lil muscle and they bolted right up with everything they gave me. And im a person who strips alot of bolts but i didnt strip one bolt for the Pro pegs. I will tell you this, it doesnt just bolt right up, you hve to pull on it a lil bit and the only thin u need to drill is for the heel guards ( if you even want to put them on ) and put a bolt to secure the nerf and the peg holder, thats it. Installation took me about 20-30 min.

BornOnFire
08-10-2002, 10:59 AM
20-30 Mins? You are a maestro! Either that or you did not install the heel guards. That's what slowed me down!

BadA$$440
08-10-2002, 11:08 AM
no, i didnt install the heelguards. Just the mounts, nerfs and bars.

optikid123
08-10-2002, 11:31 AM
mine were annoying a also had to use the 8x55 bolts cause the ones they say to use werre way to short then my motor mount slid a little so i couldnt even put the bolt throught the i had to bend them with a vice type thing hold it there and try to put it together i got it all on now but my right nerf moves up and down a little is that a problem after getting that done i wasnt gonna do the heel kicks