PDA

View Full Version : Got Smoke?

JOEX
05-24-2006, 09:19 PM
I'm kinda new to smoking. Been trying different things here and there, different flavors etc. off and on over the years. This year i've decided I really like it.

Did this a couple of days ago.......

Brisket:devil:

JOEX
05-24-2006, 09:20 PM
After about 4-5 hours added some salmon.....

JOEX
05-24-2006, 09:22 PM
A few hours later... removed the salmon. The brisket is still a bit tough.....

JOEX
05-24-2006, 09:25 PM
15 1/2 hours after starting.... it came out. Damn tasty and tender meat:D

JOEX
05-24-2006, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Kickstarts_Suck
CAN I COME OVER!:eek2:

ill take the salmon
This batch of salmon didn't come out as good as the one I did a couple of weeks ago;)

nosliw
05-24-2006, 09:33 PM
i've got an electric and a wood one. i use to smoke rainbow trout that i'd catch everyweekend. awesome but time consuming

JOEX
05-24-2006, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by nosliw
i've got an electric and a wood one. i use to smoke rainbow trout that i'd catch everyweekend. awesome but time consuming
A wood smoker would be nice to play with, I can see that being very time consuming though. Keeping the fire at the right temp etc...

I'm using a propane smoker, just have to replenish the chips every hour or so and rotate the shelves occasionally. As can be seen in the salmon spread, I didn't rotate enough:p

I want to make some sausage sometime soon, might be the next project.... or a fresh ham:D

miller821
05-24-2006, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
I'm kinda new to smoking. Been trying different things here and there, different flavors etc. off and on over the years. This year i've decided I really like it.

Did this a couple of days ago.......
LMAO you had me confused:confused: I was like wait a minute, you just started smoking and your bragging about it... Then I was confused cause I was like when did they start having different flavored smokes:confused: But theres only one good kind of smoking, and thats the kind you been doing:devil: But my Grandpa used to cook all the time (Before he died of lung cancer from actually smoking), but he had his own business called- Late Night Porkers... But he made a ton of money and sold BBQ sandwhiches, Ribs, and other stuff... Just something to think about that if you get real good and stuff, you could make a couple extra dollars off of selling it.

400exrules
05-24-2006, 09:53 PM
if u enjoy it, you should keep practicing and start entering in local competitions. thats what my neighbor does, he has big cookers and a trailer and everything. he competes alot and he makes some mean ribs, barbeque, brisket, etc....and he loves to do it too....just somethin you might be interested in trying out some time for fun

Aceman
05-24-2006, 10:02 PM
Joe

My buddy has a Traeger barbeque, the kind they give away at Les Schwab's and it does a VERY good job. It has a hopper you fill with pellets and it slowly augers it through the barbeque automatically. All you do is fill the hopper, set the digital temperature dial and walk away. He's ran steaks, roasts, and chicken drumsticks through it letting them smoke for several hours and by the time they're finished it's the best meat you ever tasted.

juanki
05-25-2006, 09:03 AM
here in mexico, where i live is desert like enviroment, is the state that borders with arizona, we drink a lot of beer, because of the refreshment feeling, and most times when we cook beef on the grill, we marinated the beef with beer, its realy a good flavor. you should try it.

05-25-2006, 10:25 AM
my uncle is the manager at SUPER SMOKERS in STL and they have the best bbq i've had from a restraunt... I dunno if anyone cared but I thought I'd throw it out there..

JOEX
05-25-2006, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by juanki
here in mexico, where i live is desert like enviroment, is the state that borders with arizona, we drink a lot of beer, because of the refreshment feeling, and most times when we cook beef on the grill, we marinated the beef with beer, its realy a good flavor. you should try it.
Funny you should say that, the brisket was marinated in homemade beer;) :D And I think I may have tossed back few while smoking:chinese:

I just heard about the Treager grills last year. Look real nice but the price tag is up there:ermm:

I want to keep doing this but getting the time can be a challenge. If I can get the quantity up I already have a customer;)