PDA

View Full Version : 300ex modify stock exhaust; how to

TOfunk2drunk
05-24-2006, 08:50 PM
hey i got another 300ex tha otha day and i dont want to spend more $ and buy a exhaust. i was thinking of takin out the baffle and jammin a pipe through/smashing inside. has anyone done this or tried this ? or has anyone modified it at all for more power/loudness? :confused:

mr300ex
05-25-2006, 07:24 AM
i tried to get the baffle out but it was spotwelded and i couldent get it out so i just drilled holes in the bottom. I put 7 of them in and if u do it this way just put 4 of them towards the end of the muffler and maybe 2 of them towards the head pipe. I used a about a 1/4 inch drill bitt. Its pretty loud and gave me more bottom end.

foxrider_02
05-25-2006, 07:49 AM
just take out the baffle or buy a cheap DG pipe

300exrider3
05-25-2006, 11:22 AM
he can't take the baffle out because the freakin thing is welded in there because I tried to get mine out.

Sjorge450R
05-25-2006, 12:28 PM
DO NOT take any thing out or drill holes in any thing. IT WONT DO ANY THING BUT MAKE IS LOUD AND ANYOING. NO power gains.

Blue250X
05-25-2006, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
DO NOT take any thing out or drill holes in any thing. IT WONT DO ANY THING BUT MAKE IS LOUD AND ANYOING. NO power gains.
;)

BlasterEaten250
05-25-2006, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
DO NOT take any thing out or drill holes in any thing. IT WONT DO ANY THING BUT MAKE IS LOUD AND ANYOING. NO power gains. Thank you, plus it sounds like garbage.

TOfunk2drunk
05-26-2006, 11:13 AM
i said f IT and am jus runnin a header now. LOL j/p. no no i took my air chisel and chisseled them spot welds off, popped out the baffle and it wasnt much louder. SOOOO then where the pipe get big there is a weld. I took a grinding wheel and cut that weld all the way around. HOwever the end of the pipe will not fall off becuase it is still connected from the inside as i did not grind completely through the entire thing, just half way. THen i put a couple of spot welds around it to make it more rigid. THE THING SOUNDS NASSSTYYYYYYY. SOunds like a combination of a HMF and FMF megamax. The thing is it looks completly stock and sounds nasty AND if i want to make it quiet i can just weld that weld back up. and it will b stock again. I will post pics if u guyz want me too but there is not much to see as it looks stock.

HamMA dOWN

trX250eXmXr28
05-27-2006, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by TOfunk2drunk
i said f IT and am jus runnin a header now. LOL j/p. no no i took my air chisel and chisseled them spot welds off, popped out the baffle and it wasnt much louder. SOOOO then where the pipe get big there is a weld. I took a grinding wheel and cut that weld all the way around. HOwever the end of the pipe will not fall off becuase it is still connected from the inside as i did not grind completely through the entire thing, just half way. THen i put a couple of spot welds around it to make it more rigid. THE THING SOUNDS NASSSTYYYYYYY. SOunds like a combination of a HMF and FMF megamax. The thing is it looks completly stock and sounds nasty AND if i want to make it quiet i can just weld that weld back up. and it will b stock again. I will post pics if u guyz want me too but there is not much to see as it looks stock.

HamMA dOWN
I love ghetto 13 year olds and their typing.

TOfunk2drunk
06-01-2006, 04:55 PM
ooo 250ex u think im 13 huh ?? lol im 19. if i was 13 i would make fun of how much 250ex are lil ***** beginner quads but im not, just because i know what its like to work every single day for every dollar i have. but hey what do u know u mus b a badass, its either that or ur a married man that hates his life soo much he has to go online and be an internet tuff guy. what do i know im only 19. so stay the *** outta my posts

BlasterEaten250
06-01-2006, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by TOfunk2drunk
ooo 250ex u think im 13 huh ?? lol im 19. if i was 13 i would make fun of how much 250ex are lil ***** beginner quads but im not, just because i know what its like to work every single day for every dollar i have. but hey what do u know u mus b a badass, its either that or ur a married man that hates his life soo much he has to go online and be an internet tuff guy. what do i know im only 19. so stay the *** outta my posts He has a 300ex. Just so you know, people will respect you more when you take the extra 3 seconds to spell the words right, and add a couple of commas and periods.

TOfunk2drunk
06-02-2006, 06:03 PM
o well deal with it theres worse things in life