PDA

View Full Version : turned rear shock line and fluid came out

cutierider1
05-24-2006, 07:17 PM
I wanted to rotate the rear shock res line so it would mount up correctly. but when i loosed it a little bit of fluid came out. not alot but enough that i noticed it. is this bad? will it affect the way the shock performs. i wont be able to ride my 450 for another week or two thats why im asking.

tltcracing
05-25-2006, 12:12 PM
that happened to me too when i got my shock back from elka. i rode it the next day and it felt fine but it was also the first time i rode an after market shock.

yamablaster24
05-26-2006, 06:19 AM
tighten it back up, this is holding all of your nitrogen-shock oil in the shock and with it loosened it is going to slowly seep out. If you can turn it the other way, there should be some sort of teflon tape or TFE paste on the threads to keep too much from coming out but if fluid came out then im guessing you lost some of the nitro charge. If the shock starts rebounding horribly or what not i would have it sent back and fixed, or do it yourself for 7 bucks for shock oil and 25 average for 250 psi nitrogen charge.

cutierider1
05-26-2006, 11:27 AM
thanks for all of the help. im going to try and take it out today for a ride and see how it handles.