PDA

View Full Version : What's the Deal with the Dirtbike Guys?

DieselBoy
05-24-2006, 05:00 PM
Alright... I know this is a quad forum and all, but why do the quad riders have such a bad reputation with the dirtbike riders? They talk so much sh.... about the quads, they merely dispise them, or anyone who rides one. I ride in a group with bikes and we don't have a problem but at some tracks they are real anal about quads...

Kind of a piss off, we all ride and we're all there to have fun but they insist on being dinks...

What's your opinion on this?

NOTE: NO HERASING, BASHING, BACKTALKING. IF YOU HAVE A NEGATIVE COMMENT, LEAVE THIS THREAD.

MotoX3
05-24-2006, 05:03 PM
I ride with a lot of quads and I have absoloutley no problem with them(unless they are little kids or people that ride on the track and make it dangerous for others).....I think bike riders are becoming more friendly to the quads...

DieselBoy
05-24-2006, 05:05 PM
Hmm, I'm not noticing this trend. Even online, they are on fire about this.

atvfrk10
05-24-2006, 05:09 PM
I wish it was that way around in Missouri. There are five or so track right around where I live in KC and none of them let quads ride there. One track had a quad session to see the turn out and they had twice as many quads then bikes and they still dont let us ride there. They say it's because we tear up the track and make the corners smooth. One track is making a seperate track just for quads.

DieselBoy
05-24-2006, 05:11 PM
Eagles Nest allows quads, but you don't see many... It's kind of turns me away from riding there...

400exrida06
05-24-2006, 05:14 PM
Ya around here where i live they can be rude at times, but i do get what Motox3 said it is dangerous with little kids on quads riding around because on the tracks the dirtbikes are usually way faster then the quads and they tend to get mad when someone with a little less skill is riding on the track because it usually slows them down also

DieselBoy
05-24-2006, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by 400exrida06
Ya around here where i live they can be rude at times, but i do get what Motox3 said it is dangerous with little kids on quads riding around because on the tracks the dirtbikes are usually way faster then the quads and they tend to get mad when someone with a little less skill is riding on the track because it usually slows them down also

I too agree it's dangerous with little kids riding on the track with the fullsized riders, in my opinion it shouldn't be allowed. They should keep the kids off the main track, and build a small, seperate track for the little guys, or a small track within the large track.

05-24-2006, 05:35 PM
yeah what up with this? there is a kid in my class who race's a yzf450 and when ever i talk about quads to anyone all he says is "GAY". i asked him why quads are soo "gay" and his answer was "there gay!" almost every dirt biker is a dick or makes stupid commmenst when i tell them i ride quads.:rolleyes:

Tommy 17
05-24-2006, 05:57 PM
here is exactly why... see the ruts on the take off... quads knock it all down on the faces of the jumps and in the turns... bikes use the ruts and quads knock them down... people get mad when the lines get ruined...

plus its like the yammy honda battle... its never gonna end and its stupid but thats life...

05-24-2006, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
here is exactly why... see the ruts on the take off... quads knock it all down on the faces of the jumps and in the turns... bikes use the ruts and quads knock them down... people get mad when the lines get ruined...

plus its like the yammy honda battle... its never gonna end and its stupid but thats life...

i agree with tommy. it does have alittle to do with cus i own a bike but o well.

this is coming from personal experience as well.

quads make alot of dust if you are on the same track. messes up vision for all riders quad and dirt bikers

quads knock down ruts both in corners, us bikers have to lay the bike side ways to get good acceleration out of a corner quads have 4 wheels. you stay up on 4 wheels.

it mess up trails puts 2 big tire marks and ive fell constantly due to this.

move the dirt all over the track. Huge roosts even if its not meant perposly.

I mean i like both this is just my opinion

Mxjunkie
05-24-2006, 06:08 PM
Honestly when I rode bikes I hated ruts on jumps and half the time I used quad ruts for berms.

400exrules
05-24-2006, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Marshmello
i agree with tommy. it does have alittle to do with cus i own a bike but o well.

this is coming from personal experience as well.

quads make alot of dust if you are on the same track. messes up vision for all riders quad and dirt bikers

quads knock down ruts both in corners, us bikers have to lay the bike side ways to get good acceleration out of a corner quads have 4 wheels. you stay up on 4 wheels.

it mess up trails puts 2 big tire marks and ive fell constantly due to this.

move the dirt all over the track. Huge roosts even if its not meant perposly.

I mean i like both this is just my opinion

well.....a quad rider could make just as many points towards bikes also......we'll just have to do our best and try to get along, just respect each other.....we all enjoy the same sport, just in a little bit different way

DieselBoy
05-24-2006, 06:14 PM
I wasn't aware the ruts were something they wanted on the jump lips... Tommy, what's stupid exactly, I don't follow. I never liked the dirtbike ruts cause they always pulled me in (on my yz250) and they can jimmy you around but hell I figured wearing those down was a good thing... *Shrugs*

It's hard to enjoy it when the bike guys are all ticked off..

Quad Boy 660r
05-24-2006, 06:24 PM

This is true. I ride with a few dirtbikers and my brother races an RM 85, so I hear all kinds of crap. However, whenever mini bikers complain, I just tell them that if whine about that, they my aswell ***** about big bikes making ruts for them. And if it is a full size biker I just tell them about the ruts the bikes made compared to the quads at the last HS I saw. Quads knocked of some dirt, but the bikes made 2 foot ruts!

400exrules
05-24-2006, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by DieselBoy
I wasn't aware the ruts were something they wanted on the jump lips... Tommy, what's stupid exactly, I don't follow. I never liked the dirtbike ruts cause they always pulled me in (on my yz250) and they can jimmy you around but hell I figured wearing those down was a good thing... *Shrugs*

It's hard to enjoy it when the bike guys are all ticked off..

yah, i was ridin at a xc track, and a biker (yz250 i think) stopped me and said he was glad i was out there and they needed more atv's back there because we flattened out some of the ruts, and smoothed things out

Tommy 17
05-24-2006, 06:25 PM
whats stupid is they fight... its a stupid battle that'll never end...

u want ruts... you can go faster and they sorta keep u in line... when one sucks u in u just gotta go with it and stay on the gas...

Blue250X
05-24-2006, 06:38 PM
I ride w/ a whole bunch of dirt bike guys and im even buying one at the end of the summer, and we've never had problems w/ riding w/ each other

05-24-2006, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
well.....a quad rider could make just as many points towards bikes also......we'll just have to do our best and try to get along, just respect each other.....we all enjoy the same sport, just in a little bit different way

Im glad we can agree. i know tons of people with quads at the track and we can complain about the negatives of quading,you quaders can also complain about the negatives of dirtbiking. Both of them have pros and cons and either way were both gonna be tearin the track up. we just gotta suck it up and deal with it. while lookin at the positive side of things we dirtbikers can learn how to control a dirtbike in different terrains and forms of ruts. and you quadders can try to follow along with the same idea. while riding, even if i fall, even if its not my fault I like to try to make the best of things. Just try to make things better. Hey thats a nice quad, sorry for cutting you off, the quads r really clearin some of the water of the track etc etc.. i like to have a good day when i ride. not to get into a fight or have a grudge or having to watch my back around every burm.

05-24-2006, 07:18 PM
when i had a bike i didnt mind at all, personally i think a bike is alot more fun on the track, quads are more fun for the trails. I hated the ruts so it was good that the quaders were there to fix it up, imo there pretty much a groomer.

CannondaleRider
05-24-2006, 07:33 PM
Yeah, we flatten the ruts....BUT, if you want to get technical.... THEY rut up OUR track!...but you don't see quad guys complaining about it.

I'm not a bike guy in any way, I just don't do well on a bike..but then again, i've never rode one bike for more then 15 minutes. So don't take this as derogatory, but, bike guys complain because we destroy the ruts that might make them a better rider?

Think of it this way, if theres no ruts, you have to be even better to go fast, then once there is ruts, you can ride even faster.

Mxjunkie
05-24-2006, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by banshee91
when i had a bike i didnt mind at all, personally i think a bike is alot more fun on the track, quads are more fun for the trails. I hated the ruts so it was good that the quaders were there to fix it up, imo there pretty much a groomer.

Yeah at Rausch a dude on a cr125 was like " Thats a nice track groomer " :o

BlasterEaten250
05-24-2006, 07:55 PM
There are a few bikes that ride at a track we ride on, one is a RM85, some kind of kawasaki, and a ktm. The only ruts we have problems with are from erosion. We get along fine with each other, me and the kid on the RM85 are friends now, you just have to get off your quad and dirtbike once and a while and get to know the people. Works for me, plus now I have some competition when I ride on the track:)

1fst400
05-24-2006, 07:55 PM
Around me quad guys and dirtbike guys seem to get along. There are some practace tracks and they suck arse on a quad, so I stay off them.

The dirtbike guys just dont like to get dirty.:p

csimp3
05-24-2006, 08:05 PM
ive got a 400ex, and a ktm450sx, i ride both at the local ride spots, i always ride my dirtbike, but when is broke or something, i take the quad out, and nobody really has a problem with it, but last time there was this group of guys on bikes, and when i stopped to talk to them, they were like ignoring me, like they thought they were better than me, i know i could have wasted any one of those guys on my quad or my bike, some people just have to have something to complain about i guess, plus its all trails out there, so theres no berms or ruts to get ruined

Predatorguy88
05-24-2006, 08:28 PM
My neighbor and his buddies are all bike guys, and so are their kids. He tells us that he likes it when we go around the track because we even out the dirt sprayed by the bikes. I also ride with a couple of bike guys in the sand pit down the street, and I'll trade of with one of them every now and then, he'll take my quad, I'll ride his bike (When I had my 300ex and he a TTR125) now I got my Predator and he blew his rings, so he's making it a 150 once he gets the money. We get along, but like I said we ride in a pit and there are ruts/tracks all over, so no one gets mad.

EvilJester400EX
05-24-2006, 08:52 PM
Some of my better friends are bike riders. We all get along, sometimes they create good ruts, a lot of the time I break them down in 2 laps. They will admit one thing: quads create the best berms on sand tracks.

baker250r
05-24-2006, 09:41 PM
my problem with is the bikes is... all the distric races in dist 16 are ran by bikers... so the quads get crapped on... if its muddy out... send the quads out first. if its not. make them last and dont water the track for em... they must not realize, or just no care that us quads gotta put in twice as much money into our quads then the bieks do... just to get thrashed around like rag dolls...

JIMTED79
05-24-2006, 10:14 PM
This is like when snow boarding started skiers talked poop and hated on us. Look now skiers dont say anything, I dont ride tracks at all but it will probley do the same thing as quads get more popular on tracks.

05-25-2006, 11:28 AM
I hate it when dirtbikers think they are so bad cuz they beat us on tracks :macho ur bad!! I go to MX tracks and its packed with dirtbikes and I dont mind it at all we go to ride, they go to ride, lets just ride, forget the ruts, and everything else just ride. I think they should have seperate tracks though on the places they actually hold races at for dirtbikes because quads do ruin dirtbikes tracks but who cares, watchin dirtbikes wreck is awesome.. because then they cant mouth us anymore.

csimp3
05-25-2006, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by #3showtime#3
quads do ruin dirtbikes tracks but who cares, watchin dirtbikes wreck is awesome.. because then they cant mouth us anymore.

maybe its things like this that make them not like quads

mx428
05-25-2006, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by csimp3
maybe its things like this that make them not like quads Bingo:)

400EXtreme
05-25-2006, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Blue250X
I ride w/ a whole bunch of dirt bike guys and im even buying one at the end of the summer, and we've never had problems w/ riding w/ each other same with me ive switched off dirtbikes and quads now getting a 06 yzf 250. People around here dont care really. But in ct theres not many places to ride so im happy where ever i ride as long as i ride.

hartnett18
05-25-2006, 12:43 PM
where i live they talk a bunch of crap to. they stand on the sidelines and talk **** during practice. We are both doing the sport we love and they just want something to ***** about with there butt buddie dirtbike friends. they need to just ride and all get along. but will never happen.

05-25-2006, 01:01 PM
its like skiiers and snowboarders. both think the other sucks

400EX OWNS ALL
05-25-2006, 03:56 PM
today at school when tellin a kid who races dirtbikes about my quad he was like dude thats gay an i was like what and he said quads are gay so i was like y is that and he said oh they are just gay dirtbikes are way better.........i dont understand y people have to be so ignorant i ride quads but i dont mind dirtbikes at all like someone said earlier we all enjoy the same sport just in different ways!!!

QuadRider55
05-25-2006, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by GingerKid
yeah what up with this? there is a kid in my class who race's a yzf450 and when ever i talk about quads to anyone all he says is "GAY". i asked him why quads are soo "gay" and his answer was "there gay!" almost every dirt biker is a dick or makes stupid commmenst when i tell them i ride quads.:rolleyes: true[little idiots]

05-25-2006, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by GingerKid
yeah what up with this? there is a kid in my class who race's a yzf450 and when ever i talk about quads to anyone all he says is "GAY". i asked him why quads are soo "gay" and his answer was "there gay!" almost every dirt biker is a dick or makes stupid commmenst when i tell them i ride quads.:rolleyes:

well i guess it time for you to get some more friends doochbag because every dirtbiker and quader i know are all friendly. about 99% of quadders im friends with and about 99% of dirtbikers im friends with and unfornatly you had to be the *** hole and go and mess up my perfect 100% maybe the kid is refering to YOU as being "gay" due to the fact that yopu think all dirtbikers are gay. about 40 percent of the members on this site like riding 2 wheelers.

quadrider 55 ^^^ how can anybody agree with what this scum says

05-25-2006, 06:10 PM
well i guess it time for you to get some more friends doochbag because every dirtbiker and quader i know are all friendly. about 99% of quadders im friends with and about 99% of dirtbikers im friends with and unfornatly you had to be the *** hole and go and mess up my perfect 100% maybe the kid is refering to YOU as being "gay" due to the fact that yopu think all dirtbikers are gay. about 40 percent of the members on this site like riding 2 wheelers.

well, hes a dirtbike rider... :rolleyes: ..

05-25-2006, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by #3showtime#3

well, hes a dirtbike rider... :rolleyes: ..

yes i am a dirtbiker, i have always wanted a quad just never had the money. the reason im so pissed is because of the fact that he said all dirt bikers are dick heads. am i dick is mx428 a dick is mxjunkie a dick he used to ride dirtbikes and there are other names on here i can rattle off but i do not feel like bringing them into this convorsation. i like aevey quader that rides at the local track. unless i have a personal problem with them and the same with dirtbikers. we all love just going out there, gettin dirty and tearin it up. Theres nothing wrong with either of the sports. its all preference on whether your going to the dealer to pick up a quad or a dirtbike

mx428
05-25-2006, 07:56 PM
is mx428 a dick Bad example http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/Alloymx428/Smilies%20lolls/icon_lol.gifhttp://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/Alloymx428/Smilies%20lolls/icon_lol.gif

440racer66
05-25-2006, 08:28 PM
the dirt bikers need to wait and see what a bunch of pros and powerfull qudas can to to a track i rode with mike houston and his friens and we hade the trak smooth as a babys butt and the bikers loved it we made perfect bers they told all of us to keep comin

DieselBoy
05-25-2006, 08:34 PM
that's what i don't get, a groomed track is perfect... why would you want it all rutty... i mean for ripping it open smooth is a little more tricky but it makes it that much more fun. :)

Plante400
05-25-2006, 08:38 PM
never really heard of this dispute its always been snowmobilers hating quads in the winter..

thats all i know of...

just go by them sideways roosting all of them, they cant really do it back:devil:

TacomaNC4X4
05-25-2006, 08:55 PM
they dont like 4wheeler ruts and we dont like dirtbike ruts...get over it...why cant everybody just have 4wheelers?

boricua
05-25-2006, 11:15 PM
i never ride track, so i've never experienced this. i do ride in the desert and all my riding buddies have dirtbikes. they all give me crap for being on 4 wheels and not being able to go through the same terrain as them, like real narrow trails and off camber rock faces, etc......only cause i require a wider trail. i do see there point, they can go through more stuff a lot easier and faster. however i do get much respect for keeping up with them. well i try. the only time i dont follow is on super steep hill climbs, that even they struggle with. theres nothing like the feeling of not making it up the hill on a quad - know full well the likely way back down is WALKING after the quad.......

aman
05-26-2006, 07:03 AM
Well.....i guess i can put some input into this since i own both a dirtbike and a quad and ride them both on my own track.....ruts from either really arent too bad.......where a quad can smooth it out you can ride a bike there also without trouble, especially off of jumps and stuff, and any ruts that a bike make can be "groomed" by riding on it w/ a quad......so in turn i really dont have a problem w/ either, theres just a couple diff lines here and there that the bikes can take and the quads can just go over.....no big deal.....the only real problem comes when quads push dirt over in a flat corner and that dirt gets really loose.....thats the only real problem i have encountered so far

05-26-2006, 07:15 AM
The bottom line quads are outselling bikes at a 4:1 margin, industry experts claim in 2 years that will grow to 6:1. So the dirt bike guys better get used to having more and more quads out there, especially on the MX track. At this trend they will be the minority in a few short years!

Quads rule!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/briansgi/P1010120.jpg

mx428
05-26-2006, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by Kyle_TQRA
The bottom line quads are outselling bikes at a 4:1 margin, industry experts claim in 2 years that will grow to 6:1. So the dirt bike guys better get used to having more and more quads out there, especially on the MX track. At this trend they will be the minority in a few short years!

Quads rule!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/briansgi/P1010120.jpg How many of the 4:1 is utilities and trail quads that will never see anything but a farm or trail?

rooster300ex
05-26-2006, 08:22 AM
I was riding at lake murray,oklahoma and when i was unloading my quad i heard a guy talking about you gotta be this kind of person to ride a dirt bike, and them 4 wheelers don't take any talent to ride. Doesn't bother me though, i'll just blast by em in 5th gear sliding. :D

fandl450r
05-26-2006, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by rooster300ex
I was riding at lake murray,oklahoma and when i was unloading my quad i heard a guy talking about you gotta be this kind of person to ride a dirt bike, and them 4 wheelers don't take any talent to ride. Doesn't bother me though, i'll just blast by em in 5th gear sliding. :D

Amen to that! :D

Rrider4life8
05-26-2006, 08:41 AM
well, whenever I go to the races all the fans line the track to see us. Where I race we only have 1 quad class and the bikes have 20. But whenever we get on the gate I see 3 times more people watching then if the bikes were out there.

mx428
05-26-2006, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Rrider4life8
well, whenever I go to the races all the fans line the track to see us. Where I race we only have 1 quad class and the bikes have 20. But whenever we get on the gate I see 3 times more people watching then if the bikes were out there. Because all the bike guys aren't racing, all 20 classes of them are watching you:blah:

aman
05-26-2006, 09:30 AM
Whoever says it dont take skill to ride a quad obviously doesnt know what they are talking about because that is not true whatsoever.........it is true though that they are very different riding styles and each are challenging in their own way.......but, if this says anything, i can put 10 straight laps on a bike going 100% without being very tired at all, whereas if i did that on the yfz i would be dying :o

gbcap
05-26-2006, 10:03 AM
i wish i could address every point in this topic but my lunch isn't that long. haha.

"can't we all just get along"

up at breezewood, my local mx track i like, bikes love it. the track is smooth. nice wide tall berms they can rail and smooth take off and landings.

i can't understand why you WANT ruts. why would they groom the track all the time if they did? i can understand in the turns to help them turn. thats fine. but on the face of the jumps? they always talk about getting cross rutted on the supercross shows...so i would think a smother take off would be better.

i hate racing a xc race after bikes. they go down the center of the track and mess up our ruts....but i have talked to alot of bike guys that love racing after us cause the berms in turns are great. straight trails are harder but they can deal with that. i also hate how they put major excelerating bumps out of turns on soft soil. quads don't seem to do that...but we make braking bumps faster...

we both make the trail/track do certain thigns. i think your a better rider for being able to deal with the changes and adjust for it.

quads do get shat on alot at mx tracks...but we have to deal with that till we get more guys out there with more say. oh well...put me on a muddy track, i excel at that!!

i rode a bike for the first time a few weeks ago. it is an interesting experience. i won't say it is better or worse but different. i don't get the rivalry between anyone. there is always the joking that 'im better then you' but some people take that to extremes. why? "can't we all just get along"

you don't like what a bike is doing to the track? run your line and make it what you want. they run thiers and make it what they want and it will never totaly become one or the other. haha.

we do throw twice as much roost...we have 4 times the tire. sorry? we got to to get traction. i think for the most part the rivalry is shrinking...but there are still a few people that hate each other. i just ignore them and party with the rest!!

Punk'd
05-26-2006, 10:29 AM
This is a stupid fight.. Seriously.. lol

We both ride for fun..

If you dont like the ruts any quad/bikes make.. then this is not your sport. Ruts WILL be made.. Its part of riding

NorCalRacer
05-27-2006, 08:59 AM
Funny, I didn't know there was a rivalry. Must be a juvenile thing:rolleyes:
Everyone I know who rides will pick up a dirtbike, quad, trike, snowmobile or beater car and take it over the trails and jumps. What your riding doesn't matter as long as your out there.
Advice: Riding is supposed to be fun. If a group of people shares animosity with another group because of what their riding they all need to unbunch their panties and find a new pastime.:devil:

tmoney
05-27-2006, 03:28 PM
Those dirtbike guys say quads are gay because they have 4 wheels and dont have to balance. And like someone already said quads require just as much skill to ride fast, just a different kind. My guess is that those dudes that said quads are gay were little kids or just immature, right?

FoxRacing81
05-27-2006, 04:06 PM
When me and my buddies used to ride trails by our house, the main problems with them were too many dirtbike ruts and ruts caused by people on 4x4 quads that think every little mud puddle is a good place to try out there dif. lock on and tear it up.

As far as the track, My buddy gives me crap all the time because he races bikes. Most of the time he is kidding, but sometimes he's not. Maybe he hates them because I have seen him attempt to ride a quad and he couldn't at all.

There's always gonna be arguments. To be honest, I always thought bikes tore up the tracks a lot more then the quads.

theTman
05-27-2006, 04:31 PM
if ur all gonna ***** and moan abotui ruts

DONT RIDE

get over it...seriously...

popo
05-27-2006, 04:52 PM

Quads rule!!

Very well spoken.....and with those sales figures. Companies dump tons of quad sales money into the dirtbike industry for either factory support or contingency money.

Do you see any factory sponsored atv rider getting a million dollar bonus if he wins a championship.

ThumPIN_450R
05-27-2006, 05:17 PM

75% of statistics are made up right there on the spot.

05-27-2006, 08:59 PM

Quads rule!!

Thats a bump for a dirtbiker.

05-27-2006, 09:35 PM
yeah, its like the honda vs suzuki battles. Its never going to end, people are never going to get it through their heads that hondas are better then suzukis, and your not gonna change that

same with this, there addicted to their own sport, and want the other to leave the face of the earth

jeremy_283
05-28-2006, 01:41 PM
next time they complain about you tearing up a berm....... point and say "this one?" then hop on your quad and roost it all out and do donuts right there

miller821
05-28-2006, 01:47 PM
Well, when we had bikes and it was wet, we always waited for the quads to go through the mud and dry it up... Helped us out.

DieselBoy
05-28-2006, 09:09 PM
A little off topic, but do you guy's get really dehydrated when you ride in the heat (even when hydrated)? I drank a lot of water last time but we were riding some hard and man was I getting dizzy...

redlineranger
05-28-2006, 10:08 PM
A little off topic, but do you guy's get really dehydrated when you ride in the heat (even when hydrated)? I drank a lot of water last time but we were riding some hard and man was I getting dizzy...

yea i drank water all day today, and took a quick 5 lap run and was wore out. its too damn hot down here in alabama(in the southeast for that matter)

but anyways back on topic, i look at it like this. quadders and dirtbikers alike all love the sport of motocross. so we should all get along. you just have to be leniant(sp?) to what someone rides. i know people who can ride the living hell out of dirtbikes but can hardly even start a 4wheeler(and vice versa). but around here the dirtbike vs 4wheeler thing is no big issue. when we see dirtbike's wreck bad you see 4wheelers flying to the scene. and same as when a 4wheeler wrecks all the dirtbikes come racing to make sure your all right. if it was like that everywhere, that would be great.

05-28-2006, 10:33 PM
i have no problem with dirtbikes ive had 2

PolarisRider06
05-29-2006, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by mx428
How many of the 4:1 is utilities and trail quads that will never see anything but a farm or trail?

last year the sport atv market was the biggest fastest growing market in the industry. and i read in a dirtbike mag (not sure wich one) the figures for dirtbike sales and most of the bikes that were sold last year WILL NEVER SEE A TRACK, the actual numbers were something like 190,000 play bikes(smaller 4 strokes not made for racing) 30,000 of which were xr50's.... and about 60,000 MX bikes (65's, 85's, 125's, 250's, 250F's, 450F's) so even with the 4:1 difference it doesn't matter if it was a lot of utilities the quads are still taking over:devil:

now to the man topic of this thread... we wreck their ruts, they wreck our ruts, i dont complain cause it makes me a better rider, they complain because they dont want to have to try something new or just cant find any other excuse for why they cant make it through whoops that dont have a foot deep groove through them to make them practically flat. i like watching bikes but the quads are what really get me into the racing... bike crashes look really wicked though...

FoxRacing81
05-29-2006, 06:47 AM

I used to get mad dizzy when I'd drink a ton of water while riding. Now I drink water during the week, and gatorade when I ride and no more problems with dizzyness or getting tired really quick.

05-29-2006, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Kickstarts_Suck
i have no problem with dirtbikes ive had 2

I love dirt bikes too, I bought 2 CRF450's and yanked out their motors to put into race quads!!

05-29-2006, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by popo
Very well spoken.....and with those sales figures. Companies dump tons of quad sales money into the dirtbike industry for either factory support or contingency money.

Do you see any factory sponsored atv rider getting a million dollar bonus if he wins a championship.

Not yet, but it's coming! Think about what we have seen in just the last few years. Look at ESPN, do you see them covering any dirt bike racing any more? NOPE! What are they televising? Quad racing, that's what! From the Great Outdoor Games to the new WPSA series. Quad racing continues to grow and big name sponsors are starting to jump on board. More and more factories are sponsoring teams too.

http://www.powersportstour.com/portalpak/pagedetail.asp?serverid=wsa06atv&pagecode=atvtv

Mxjunkie
05-30-2006, 03:08 PM
I rode with dirtbike's nearly all day sunday IMO they are a pain in the *** to ride on the same track with. Most wont move out of your way, they just have a ball going in the air and when you hear their motor rev you know they are going to roost the piss out of you when they land. You try to pass them and they stop in the corner and look at you like " WTF are you doing " then they finally pull off and ride your *** because magically they are faster now.

And I know some dirt bike riders that are cool, Then I know the few that I absolutely hate. The upstuck kind that are total pricks to every quad rider for no apparent reason. It's a shame cause one was one of my friends but not anymore. I use to ride dirtbikes and I dont see how they want to complain about ruts and such, IMO quad ruts are the best ruts out there to follow, Bike ruts are so deep and bumpy its rediculos.

But oh well, I'll ride my track groomer, sofa and my bike with training wheels.

DieselBoy
05-30-2006, 03:11 PM
exactly, being a dirtbike rider previously, I hated the bike ruts, they jimmy you around like I said previously, and your rear and hops all over them and they pull you around cause the tires want to sit in the ruts all the time, and usually not where you want to go, but quads groom it if you will, and I think the smoother the track, the better!

boricua
06-06-2006, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by rooster300ex

yeah! we have four wheels to worry about, an unexpected hit to either one of them could throw us off....if only they knew how much input goes into riding a quad, HARD and competetively.....they would bow down!!!!!!

06-06-2006, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by boricua
yeah! we have four wheels to worry about, an unexpected hit to either one of them could throw us off....if only they knew how much input goes into riding a quad, HARD and competetively.....they would bow down!!!!!! when riding at average speeds, on trails, we have to look at every grade and every rock on the trail, no matter where it is because we have to brace ourselves on how to get passed that rock. if there is one to big, we must calculate how to get it to not bottom out and break something underneath, going up hills we still have todo this. we have to make sure we keep all mental calculations correct so we dont high center. we must keep our weight ballanced not only front to back, but left to right during trails

all dirtbike riders have todo is weave around rocks and stay in a straight line up a hill

one day we should jsut let all dirtbike riders have a go at quads on some good trials and hills.

but they'd just sit and say "im not used to it"

deal with it bish

ingleful
06-06-2006, 09:24 PM
All the people i ride with own Bikes im the only one whos got a quad that rides with them alot and the only problem they have with quads is when i pass them and throw up some major roost lol:D

86350x
06-07-2006, 12:26 AM
All of our tracks accept both with open arms. Nobody has a beef with anyone, they just don't ride on the track together at ANY time. Wich is just good common sense.

Trails, bike guys are friendlier. Not as many bad-*** wanna bees on bikes,or liars and fake people. But quads are so popular that you'll have that..................Things deffinantly changed in the past 10 years,for better or worse.

I ride both, so any attacks aimed towards me really don't apply. I'm sure some other michigan people will agree with me. When other people are going on a quading trip, I load up one of my atv's. If its a bike trip, I load up one of my bikes.

Its more fun anyways when your on the same thing, and its safer........

250R-Dee
06-07-2006, 01:25 AM
I ride a bike, a 3wheeler and a quad so I don't see what the big deal is about :scary:

Just quit the jaw flappin' and RIDE!!

mike_repine
06-07-2006, 11:59 AM
Seems to me we're all out there for the same reasons; to have fun and improve our riding skills. For me at least having fun is riding well. If you want to improve your riding abilities you need to be challenged. Riding different track conditions whether they are muddy, rutty or what have you will help you achieve greater riding ability. Think of it this way, if you race you never know what kind of track conditions you're going to get so you need to be ready for anything.

Well that's my two cents worth. Good thread..

DieselBoy
06-07-2006, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by mike_repine
Seems to me we're all out there for the same reasons; to have fun and improve our riding skills. For me at least having fun is riding well. If you want to improve your riding abilities you need to be challenged. Riding different track conditions whether they are muddy, rutty or what have you will help you achieve greater riding ability. Think of it this way, if you race you never know what kind of track conditions you're going to get so you need to be ready for anything.

Yes. I agree that we're all riding and there for the same reasons, but it can easily be interupted if your acceptance due to what you ride is quickly compromised.

DieselBoy
06-07-2006, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by mike_repine

I agree, we all ride, and we should all enjoy ourselves, however in some cases your acceptance as even a rider is neglected due to the fact that you don't ride a dirtbike, that's the main focus of the topic. But, I agree with you!

Tommy 17
06-07-2006, 05:14 PM
lmfao i love listenin to u guys ***** over this...

i'd love to see half of u even make it around a parkin lot on a bike haha:p

06-07-2006, 05:25 PM
here they dont allow quads on the MX track, i know some places they do, they used to about 2 years ago...i hate how people say quads screw up the jumps...i dont get that...but anywho...does anyone here ride trikes on a track still? do they let them ride on a track anywhere now days??

DieselBoy
06-07-2006, 05:41 PM
lmfao i love listenin to u guys ***** over this...

i'd love to see half of u even make it around a parkin lot on a bike haha:p

Uhhhh..I used to ride a yz250, and I've had multiple dirtbikes.

mike_repine
06-08-2006, 08:35 AM
Tommy 17, Give me three trys..I know I can do it. haha

KWAD GAWD
06-08-2006, 08:58 AM
Bikes like berms and nice ruts...
Quads mess up their nice berms and ruts.
Very easy to understand.

Plus, some ATV guys are "squids" or "goones" - inexperienced riders who don't know MX track etiquette. They're slow, they hog the track (because ATVs are wide) and make the fast DB riders have to slow down, break pace to get around them. Slowing down can be VERY dangerous for an A rider who's already commited.

More ATV riders tend to be "recreational" riders, or rednecks who like to ride on the roads, and drink beer and trail ride, and give ATVs a bad rep.

There are more jeans-wearin' fools on ATVs out there, than there are fools on dirt bikes.

This is a fact: Dirt bikes are much harder to ride than a quad.

Throw a dirt bike rider on a quad, and he'll do fine.
Throw a quad rider on a dirt bike, and he'll barely be able to get around the track.

The fact is, experienced dirt bike guys are older and more professional most of the time. They understand motocross, for example... they know not to slow down before a big jump when there are guys behind them... they know how to hold a line, and not swerve out into someone else's line.... these are things inexperienced ATV riders do on an MX track to piss off the dirt bike guys.

Trust me, if you got jeans on at the track and ride like an ATV squid... chances are you're not welcome there.

I am both a dirt bike and ATV guy - I know and understand both sides of the fence.

sportraxkid
06-08-2006, 10:10 PM
I hate it when bike riders call quads gay or for people who cant ride and I hate it when quad rider's think all bike rider's are *******s. What people need to do is look at the other person's point of view. To me quads are a pain in the *** when im at a track on my bike but I am not a *** to them I just wish most tracks had a track for each. Its not the experienced rider's that bug me its the 12 year old's on there blasters that slow you down and cut you off that are annoying. I have hit a yfz450 and a blaster from them cutting me off cause on a bike if you have made your move and your commited its alot harder to stop then a quad. Either way I think think all rider's need to just learn how to get along and deal with it.

250R-Dee
06-08-2006, 10:53 PM
KWAD GAWD - some of your points are somewhat valid. Wearing jeans does not mean you are a bad rider but showing up with sneakers and a tank top will definitely raise some questions. I personally think jeans, riding boots, a helmet and gloves are just fine for practicing.

Actually some of the worst riding etiqutte I have witnessed is from bikes. One of the more experienced riders showed up with his kids late one day and proceeded to wreck havoc. There was only one track at this place so most people knew there were certain times when EXPERIENCED riders should chill so the younger riders (kids) and less experienced riders could get some track time. Usually fathers or coaches would get on the track with their kids or students and follow them around the track (big bike following a smaller bike). Well, this moron (CR250) and his two submoron sons (CR125 and CR80) got on the track and proceeded to have a battle. Once they started many of the young kids on PW50's and such were forced off of the track because they were scared. Some of the riders didn't get off of the track but they did follow proper riding etiquette. If you hear or see a larger faster bike coming, move out of the way. This somewhat worked but the morons younger son would intentionally force some of the other guys on 80's and 65's off of the track. Some of the other fathers/riders got together pulled the morons younger son off of the track. The father did not notice this because he was too busy battling with his kid on the CR125. They were riding like they were the only people on the track. Their incompetence sent a young rider to the hospital when they both tried to clear a small double double. The son on the CR125 landed on a kid who had just cleared the far right side of the second set of doubles.

Here's the bad part: While everybody was getting the kid ready for his ambulance ride, these jerkoffs tried to pack up and leave. Fortunately some of the other people were watching and held them there until the police investigators arrived.

Result - kid got a broken pelvis and a broken right femur but made a full recovery.

Moron had to pay a huge fine to get his bikes out of impound and is not allowed to ride at that track anymore. In court he showed no remorse and said the inexperienced riders should have gotten off of the track when they saw pro-level riders lapping them.

The sad part is the 10 year old kid who got hurt actually rides his KTM50 faster than the moron's kid who rides the CR80.

Now on to 3wheelers. Most places will not allow 3wheelers on their tracks for insurance purposes but 3wheelers dominate many of the ice racing tracks up north:blah:

mxrider88
06-08-2006, 11:01 PM
i ride with WAYYY more quads that dirtbike and yes people who ride mx bike do like to give the guys on fourwheelers a tough time but it goes both ways around, i mean c mon everyone know that the guys on the mx's are severly outnumbered so they have to say sumthing about how everyone around them gets quads, but i really dont mind i think the two can live in peace if people werent so arogant, mx'ers do need to take it easy on those who ride quads but that goes the other way around for some as well...

mxrider88
06-08-2006, 11:07 PM
i ride with WAYYY more quads that dirtbike and yes people who ride mx bike do like to give the guys on fourwheelers a tough time but it goes both ways around, i mean c mon everyone know that the guys on the mx's are severly outnumbered so they have to say sumthing about how everyone around them gets quads, but i really dont mind i think the two can live in peace if people werent so arogant, mx'ers do need to take it easy on those who ride quads but that goes the other way around for some as well...

rmz250
06-09-2006, 01:04 PM
guy with bike are rich and gangster and have ginormous dongs:macho

QuadRider55
12-09-2006, 05:13 PM

hey they make coments when i say crap 2 em to

Pappy
12-09-2006, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by rmz250

possibly, but what we want to know is if all these that you so eloquently describe, get together on a routine basis to compare schlongs:huh

Mxjunkie
12-09-2006, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by rmz250

Been down there with them eh? figured they were a little fruity :scary:

Hon300ex
12-11-2006, 04:07 PM
quad riders are usually the ones who do donuts in the parking lot, break in and ride on golf courses, and ride drunk. Overall, more retarted people ride quads then they do dirt bike just because there easier. I usually dont have a problem with people that race quads because their serios riders who are just looking to have fun in a diff way then racing dirt bikes.

k&k_400ex_82
12-11-2006, 06:04 PM
At the club i belong to we have a couple riders there that can qualify the main event at an arenacross. so they think there hot ****. they got htis cocky attitude. well one day cad wienen and sage baker came down to our track and were spankin them. they pulled off to let the quad guys by. it ate them alive. but it was pretty funny.

Mc. Muffin
12-11-2006, 07:12 PM
old thread?

y3llow400ex
12-11-2006, 07:35 PM
if someone wants to get shi!!y with you for what you ride weather it be a dirt bike or a quad, punch them in the face. see what they think after that.

12-12-2006, 08:13 AM
I got kicked off KTMTalk.com after a quad thread where all the KTM'ers kept pounding on me insulting me.

I merely asked "WHen's the KTM quad coming?"

I put up with ten pages of it, eventually got T'eed off, responded back ONCE, and got banned.

In my experience, ther's some REAL arrogant jerks on dirt bikes.

12-12-2006, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by Hon300ex
quad riders are usually the ones who do donuts in the parking lot, break in and ride on golf courses, and ride drunk. Overall, more retarted people ride quads then they do dirt bike just because there easier. I usually dont have a problem with people that race quads because their serios riders who are just looking to have fun in a diff way then racing dirt bikes.

I always hear these allegations.

I've been riding quads for years, and never met EVEN ONE.

I think its all a "rural legend."

I call BS.

Pappy
12-12-2006, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by garandman
I always hear these allegations.

I've been riding quads for years, and never met EVEN ONE.

I think its all a "rural legend."

I call BS.

i see these clowns every weekend:ermm:

parkers30
12-12-2006, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Pappy

same here, around here some of them even own or help operate the riding parks, its the reason we loose more riding areas every years

12-12-2006, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Pappy

Honestly, I haven't.

I used to help run a riding area in NC. it was a membership organization.

What I would regularly see is dirtbikers jumping the gate.

The owner who leased the proeprty to us used to get pretty peeved about it.

Fact is, there are jerks everywhere.

Ghost-Rider
12-12-2006, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by tmoney
Those dirtbike guys say quads are gay because they have 4 wheels and dont have to balance. And like someone already said quads require just as much skill to ride fast, just a different kind. My guess is that those dudes that said quads are gay were little kids or just immature, right?
Well i see a problem in the first sentence id say quads do require "balance" if your haulin and come into a sharp turn you can jsut sit up straight and turn the bars in the direction you want to go.....inless you like rolling 9999 times across the ground. iv rode all and i wouldnt say bikes are that hard and i dont get why would you want them nasty ruts on your track man ewww that screws up the whole jump....friends dad uses to do that on our trails in woods was so annoying he sucked at jumping so hed just roost at the top of jump making them small and uneven...

PismoLocal
12-12-2006, 02:41 PM
Around here its all the damn Flatbilled, prerunner driving,Black plastic, Cr250 riding, guys with 24" Metal Mullisha stickers on there trucks that piss every body off. I don't think its as big of a problem on the east coast as it is here. It seems as if all the hard core flatbillers are drawn to the deserts and dunes over here.

jcv400ex
12-12-2006, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by KWAD GAWD
The fact is, experienced dirt bike guys are older and more professional most of the time. They understand motocross, for example... they know not to slow down before a big jump when there are guys behind them... they know how to hold a line, and not swerve out into someone else's line.... these are things inexperienced ATV riders do on an MX track to piss off the dirt bike guys.

Umm, a experienced ATV rider also knows how to race around a track. And even at local tracks, from the C class to the A class, a dirtbike racer will run the other guy over(even his own brother) for a larger wooden plaque.....

And it's the TRACK ORGANIZER'S fault if the dirtbike racers and the ATV racers are on the track at the same time practicing and are in each other's way and swerving around. You don't mix A riders with C riders, etc, etc......:rolleyes: That's just common sense.

MotoX3
12-12-2006, 05:27 PM
As a dirtbiker myself I know I'll be considered a trader by my fellow two wheel riders, but heres the big secret. Bike riders only goal is to make quad guys angry, we don't even like to ride.....:eek2:

12-12-2006, 06:46 PM
haha too funny....

but really quads and bikes are both a ton of fun and we might as well learn to live with eachother cuz i dont think either is gonna disapear anytime soon