PDA

View Full Version : Common problems

Rip_Tear
05-23-2006, 06:07 PM
Hi, I'm looking at possibly getting a TRX 450R and was wondering if anyone has had common problems with them? I haven't really heard of any, it'd be new and stock (possibly with the Honda upgrade kit).

I'm also looking at the LTZ, but that doesn't really matter. Please don't just try to steer me one way or the other without facts.

Thanks

GIXXER1KR
05-23-2006, 08:25 PM
I love and ridden Suzuki all my life.I now have in the garage a 1986 Suzuki Quadracer 250 completely built.I 2002 Gsxr 1000 with lots of goodies and a 2006 HONDA TRX450er with a ton of extras.Yes its my 1st Honda and all i can say is it probably the best bike ive owned yet!!!Id hate to say it as much as i love My Zukis but hands down to Honda.They have this quad almost perfected.I should say it is perfected but someone will always have something to ***** about!!!:D

eganracing
05-23-2006, 11:23 PM
some people have issues with the electric start but if u have it jetted correctly and the idle turned up it will start just fine. other than that there great.

Rip_Tear
05-24-2006, 06:13 PM
Thanks for the replies, if there are more keep them comming.

john.E.business
05-24-2006, 06:17 PM
I got my first quad last yr and bought a 450r and have since thrown on a pipe and k&n and i swapped with a guy on his 06 the other day and wow that thing rips hard.... pulled really strong and i loved mine.... but yea from my limited experience there great bikes and seem to hold up nicely...

cutierider1
05-24-2006, 07:21 PM
the hondas a very reliable machine. it has never let me down once. even though its a full mx setup 450, it handles and performs like a champ. ide never go to anything else.

h-bomb450R
05-24-2006, 07:48 PM
i raced mine for a full season and the frame broke under the gastank. and also down by the right peg. ive had plenty of problems with my bike, but the frame, my subframe breaking, and my stator going out twice are the only things i can really relate to the reliability of the bike. all of the other things are my fault, or just common mistakes.

Austin