PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust for 400ex

400ex_rider13
05-23-2006, 06:04 PM
I need a exhaust system that is loud and makes more power . What would be the best ????? thanks

damien28
05-23-2006, 06:37 PM
I would go with either the HMF or Yoshi tri-oval. they both are really good exhausts. don't go with the round yoshi, it's what i have and it was a waste of money.

400 SS EX
05-23-2006, 07:45 PM
I would go with a Yoshimura tri-oval pro series or a curtis sparks. you can get a cparks on ebay with jets for about 550 but i've been hardpressed to find a pro series yoshi for under 650.

BlasterEaten250
05-23-2006, 08:05 PM
Why do you "need" a loud exhaust pipe? All that does is make people mad.

People say HMF is nice, and it is loud, becuase my neighbor has one on his 400ex, and I can hear it when he is riding far away.:ermm:

400 SS EX
05-24-2006, 12:59 PM
I agree, if your riding in a neighborhood. But on 95% of exhaust's that make good power, its gonna be plenty loud. But if all you do is ride on secluded private property, the racetrack, or a designated riding area go for power and don't worry about noise. But if you can get a quiet core for the neighborhood and you can take it off when you want a bit more power. Me for instance, I have a TC racing shorty ( notorious for being pretty much the loudest) its works great at Big riding areas and when I go racing. But around here I put on 8 or 9 discs on the end and its just a few decibals over stock unless I really crack it open. So I dunno if Sparks or HMF have quiet cores , I know Yoshi has a quiet core. Keep in mind the difference between Quiet core and Quiet or 'Q' series because quieting it down will take away some power ( Mostly top and some mid). So with a quiet core you can remove it and get that top and mid when you want it.

400ex_rider13
05-24-2006, 01:23 PM
me and my buddies have a saying " loud pipes save lives "

gojufist
05-25-2006, 05:06 AM
i have the hmf full system my 400ex its about as loud as the rest of them . i'm very happy with it , fit well , looks good ,sounds better than Yoshi,and sparks i think at a better price. performance is awesome

05black450r
05-25-2006, 04:02 PM
go with the hmf i had it on my 99 400ex and it sounded nice and looked really good and it has the top gains and they dont cost that much go on ebay and you can get them the chepist and you can get a free color upgrade thats what i did

400ex_rider13
05-26-2006, 01:24 PM
Thanks , I actually saw those HMF pipes on eBay the other day .

RMpower
05-29-2006, 07:35 PM
hmf is probably your best bet. yoshimura tri-oval, like listed above, is also very good

xtullyx16
05-29-2006, 08:47 PM
sooo how much does these full hmf systems run for?? cause i gotta power core 4 ..... would the hmf be alot louder cause i like LOUD AND MORE POWer! thanks
oh and what would be better power core 4 with power bomb or full hmf? in power and loudness?

400 SS EX
05-30-2006, 08:57 AM
An HMF full system would run you around $430 on ebay with free shipping, jets and a spark arrestor. But with that there is a 1-2 week build time which sucks. Stay away from FMF both the powercore 4 and the mega max suck, bad. The factory 4.1 looks alright but is more expensive than a Yoshi full system. So no FMF. I also wanted to add that when I searched ebay for a HMF full series a LRD Pro 4 full series popped up for 399, I think this pipe is very good and under-rated, nice and loud ( I raced a guy on a YFZ with one, once he passed me I stopped cuz he was damn near deafeneing me) But remember don't be getting real loud just to P1$$ off your neighbors. Being loud is what gives our sport a bad reptation.

ride_red666
05-30-2006, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by damien28
I would go with either the HMF or Yoshi tri-oval. they both are really good exhausts. don't go with the round yoshi, it's what i have and it was a waste of money.

i hav the round yoshi and its a really good pipe. the money is well spent.