PDA

View Full Version : exhaust to loud

adrenaline32
05-23-2006, 05:24 PM
i baught muffler packing for a couple bucks and am wondering how i use it. do i roll it up and just stick it in the hole WINK WINK or do i need to cut it and barely put any of the stuff in thanks

Rip_Tear
05-23-2006, 06:03 PM
what kind of exhuast do you have? If it's stock it doesn't require packing...

adrenaline32
05-23-2006, 06:10 PM
no its not stock its a t4 pro circuit full exhuast

exrider49
05-23-2006, 06:29 PM
is the packing for the exhaust?

exrider49
05-23-2006, 06:31 PM
what makes u think ur exhaust is too loud?

bigbearkid4x4
05-23-2006, 07:03 PM
lol stick it in the hole thats a good one lol but no seriously its more complicated than that. first you have to take the muffler off ur quad and lay it out on the work bench. on ur exhasut can u should see rivets or allen keys around the outer edges of the pipe. i believe that there is rivets on the pro circuit t-4/ you have to get a drill bit, not to big so u dont ruin ur muffler, and drill out the rivets. once u get that done you want to pull either end off that u drilled the rivets on. inside you will see the packing and a metal round muffler core. slide this out, i suggest wearing gloves it could get dirty. once you slide this out you want to unravvel(speeling?) the old packing from the core. throw this away and open up your new pack. you want to wrap this tightly aroudn the metal core so it can fit back into the muffler. once u get this done u put it back into the pipe and make sure it fits alright. put eiter the endcap or the inlet pipe back where its supposed to go depending on the side u took it off of. get out the Ole' rivet gun and shoot some rivets into the holes. the slide ur muffler back on and ur good to go ride!

dragracer101
05-23-2006, 07:39 PM
y do you think your exhaust is to loud?

Halter
05-23-2006, 08:37 PM
too loud..pfft...sounds like alot of work just for too loud of a exhaust..

GPracer2500
05-24-2006, 11:02 AM
I for one dislike obnoxiously loud exhausts. IMO, all they do is damage your hearing over the long term and piss off any non-riders in earshot. But anyway...

One tip that helps is once you have the new packing wrapped around the core: use a couple strips of masking tape to hold the wrap in place when reassembling the exhaust canister. The tape just keeps it from unraveling on you and it doesn't hurt to leave it in there.

adrenaline32
05-24-2006, 11:25 AM
well i didnt pass the decibles i was at 98 when i need to be at 94 but they let me in anyways because it wasnt busy thanks guys

adrenaline32
05-24-2006, 11:26 AM
trust me i love loud exhaust to... my car is one of the loudest stangs ive heard in a long time and i love it but i just wanna be able to ride my quad at the dunes