PDA

View Full Version : Spring ATV Race At Englishtown

MXRACER86
05-23-2006, 05:20 PM
The is a spring atv race at englishtown June 11th, I just wanted to know who's going?

05-23-2006, 08:44 PM
ill be there if my 450 is back together by then...i stripped it down to the bare frame yesterday and today so if it gets to bk perfance for welding the cracks, gusset kit, and powdercoating and back here in time i will be there

QuadRacer041
05-24-2006, 01:38 PM
"F" englishtown, they havent had any practice for us this year and they expcet us to show up for a race. screw that. id rather give atco my money.

MXRACER86
05-24-2006, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by QuadRacer041
"F" englishtown, they havent had any practice for us this year and they expcet us to show up for a race. screw that. id rather give atco my money. I hear ya, but if no one showed up then they would cancel quads period! It sucks I know, but at least there letting us ride!

xander1027
05-24-2006, 08:22 PM
the reason we arent getting any practices is because etown lost their insurance and is having a really hard time finding another one. we can race because the race is ama sanctioned and ama's insurance will cover the race. and there is no need to say "F" englishtown they are trying their best to get us to ride they lose money every weekend they cant have a race. Also this is the same for dirt bikes.

QuadRacer041
05-25-2006, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by xander1027
the reason we arent getting any practices is because etown lost their insurance and is having a really hard time finding another one. we can race because the race is ama sanctioned and ama's insurance will cover the race. and there is no need to say "F" englishtown they are trying their best to get us to ride they lose money every weekend they cant have a race. Also this is the same for dirt bikes.

why dont you give etown atco's #, they have insurance.....:rolleyes:
i know ama covers insuance when theres a race......its simple then...have more races.
i dont think they are trying anything.

LoneRacer
05-25-2006, 06:10 PM
It's sad...........Two races? Why bother? I will support any track that's into quads. E-town would have a huge following if they would have more racing for Atv's. I like the track but I would rather drive 3+ hours to any NEATV event and feel welcome.

I know "PJ" is trying to get more racing at E-town but the people who run the show down there don't care about the Atv's.

It's the truth........

;)

MXRACER86
05-29-2006, 04:05 PM
Does anyone know if we are allowed to camp there overnight that saturday?

st8jacket
06-05-2006, 12:12 AM
"F" englishtown, they havent had any practice for us this year and they expcet us to show up for a race. screw that. id rather give atco my money.

I second that..

STEVENJANNA
06-05-2006, 12:18 PM
You guys are messed up. Just because they're having an off year you want to bad mouth them and jump ship. Compared to Etown Atco sucks. Oh and by they way there are 3 races so far this year, one of which is going to be NATIONALLY televised on ESPN2. Can any of the NEATV tracks say that? I can bet that if there is a good showing for the WPSA race we'll be seeing alot more riding at Etown. PJ is doing what he can to get more races this year. The best way to get more races is certainlly not to come on a message board and start bashing the place. Why don't you start calling the track and getting your friends to call instead of trash talking.

jason14x
06-05-2006, 12:47 PM
Steve I understand you want more races at Englishtown , I agree any track that wants us we should support that is why NEATV-Mx has 6 tracks that want us . Now as far as your short sighted comment we actually race on 2 tracks that have nationally televised events...or should day did. Southwick and Unadilla. I think the comment that dragged us into this was because we at NEATV-MX are an ATV only series that doesnt use Quads as a filler or to fill an open slot hoping to make money we do it for the riders!

Oh by the way dont be surprised if you see an NEATV run event this season at E-town and we are trying to get a date down there for next year for 2007 ! I think the Wpsa is gonna be great for the track and many more

Good Luck with races down your way!!

Jason

STEVENJANNA
06-05-2006, 01:03 PM
Jason (and any other NEATV affiliate) I apologize I was hot. The question was is anyone racing this weekend. Yes I'll be there and if it doesn't rain wed. I'll be there for practice too. For someone to say they would rather drive 3 hours than support a track in there own backyard is pretty ignorant. That is why I said that and that is just the kind of thing that will keep races away from the track. I did make an assumpption about the NEATV but I don't ever remember seeing or hearing about any "NEATV" events being on national TV. I wasn't reffering to tracks they race on but more the series itself. I really hope the NEATV can get a race or 2 at Etown that would be great and I would definetely be there.

QuadRacer041
06-05-2006, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by STEVENJANNA
You guys are messed up. Just because they're having an off year you want to bad mouth them and jump ship. Compared to Etown Atco sucks. Oh and by they way there are 3 races so far this year, one of which is going to be NATIONALLY televised on ESPN2. Can any of the NEATV tracks say that? I can bet that if there is a good showing for the WPSA race we'll be seeing alot more riding at Etown. PJ is doing what he can to get more races this year. The best way to get more races is certainlly not to come on a message board and start bashing the place. Why don't you start calling the track and getting your friends to call instead of trash talking.

Off year, PLEASE! I've riding there since they started letting quads back on the race track about 4 years ago. I used to go to sunday practice just about every time they had one. I've done all 3 races they had in the past 2 years. I was very loyal. Like I said earlier they have no practice all year except for the wednesday before the race and then on saturday we cant even practice on the track we are going to race on, PLEASE...:rolleyes:
Atco didnt seem to have trouble getting insurance why didnt etown inquire with the same company Atco use's. I'm not trash talkin i telling it like i see it. How can they expect us to show up for this race when they cut out all the practice they had. Don't tell me they ESPN race has anything to do with us. it has to do with etown make major cash. if they wanted to do something for us they could have more quad races or let us race on the same day as the bikes. Thats what most other places do.
What good is calling the track gonna do? There gonna tell us it's not there fault they're trying. they know we want them open, tell them to pull out the books from previous years and look at how much money they made from us.

STEVENJANNA
06-05-2006, 03:30 PM
Off year, PLEASE! I've riding there since they started letting quads back on the race track about 4 years ago. I used to go to sunday practice just about every time they had one. I've done all 3 races they had in the past 2 years. I was very loyal. Like I said earlier they have no practice all year except for the wednesday before the race and then on saturday we cant even practice on the track we are going to race on, PLEASE...:rolleyes:
Atco didnt seem to have trouble getting insurance why didnt etown inquire with the same company Atco use's. I'm not trash talkin i telling it like i see it. How can they expect us to show up for this race when they cut out all the practice they had. Don't tell me they ESPN race has anything to do with us. it has to do with etown make major cash. if they wanted to do something for us they could have more quad races or let us race on the same day as the bikes. Thats what most other places do.
What good is calling the track gonna do? There gonna tell us it's not there fault they're trying. they know we want them open, tell them to pull out the books from previous years and look at how much money they made from us.
I agree with you. I don't know what the politics are invovled here, but with the surge in quad racing that has started I can't believe that Englishtown isn't going to capitalize on it without a valid reason. Like you said "pull out the books" why would they walk away from the $$$ (since that seems to be that this sport is turning into nowadays). Would you agree that a comment like "F Englishtown" is a little ignorant? Would you honestly say you would rather drive to Brick to race/practice? So we don't get to race and practice there as much as we would like does that mean that it's not a great track?

jason14x
06-05-2006, 03:33 PM
Not to defend anyone but I do know from talking to my friends who run tracks, that E-town as well as many other tracks especially here in the northeast are getting more and more pressure to cut back on number of events as well as some being pressured to close altoghether.

I know from being a promoter and official of NEATV and dealing with track owners that it comes down to $$$$$ . if they cant make it then its not worth it for them . What type of turnout do you guyd get for Quads? If its low I dont want to side with anyone thats not being "fair" to quads but if they only get 100-150 riders at an event the economics arent there believe me .

What you should do is get as many people as you can to show up. Do their dates conflict with NEATV? I know we have a bunch of really good riders that will drive to race a track like E - town .

All Im saying guys is dont judge without getting the full story first!

Jason

STEVENJANNA
06-05-2006, 03:41 PM
Englishtown has been getting pressure to close for years, but look at there MX schedule and look at the drag race schedule. Englishtowns schedule of events doesn't look like the schedule of a track looking to cut back, not to mention they just built a brand new road course. I've also been to all the races and most of the practices and I would say that the turn out is good especially for the races.

yellowzo3
06-05-2006, 03:57 PM
yeah ive been to etown as well and plently of people show up to practice and race...it was a great place to make friends and give people a hand if they had questions or needed help fixing something... we called them up and asked when they would be opening the track and the lady on the phone didnt know so i just gave up hope there...like STEVENJANNA said by no means do they look like they are cutting back with the addition of a new road course and major drag racing events each year...i agree with QuadRacer041 though. He told it just like it is...if they want people to support them theyre going to have to open up the track. noise shouldnt be the problem either as im sure two top fuel dragsters running down the 1/4 mile arent any quieter than quads on a MX track...not trying to start an argument or anything im just concerned as well...NJ has less and less places to ride each year and etown was a place you could always count on...hope they get everything figured out

st8jacket
06-05-2006, 04:34 PM
all I know is that I will support the track in my back yard that has open practices tuedays and fridays and is 15 minutes from my house..I've been a patron to atco for many years,either racing cars or racing mx...They always seem to have there act together..And trust me E-town is not or will not be shut down anytime soon..Maybe the mx track,because of turn out..It takes hundreds of riders to race to turn over a dollar after they pay out all overhead..

yellowzo3
06-05-2006, 04:49 PM
plenty of people turnout for the practices at etown...they only have 2 or 3 races a year thats not any of the riders fault...im sure if they held more races just as many if not more people would show up...even just have some small local races with little trophies and stuff just to get people into it...get the kids on the minis into it so they have some fun out there too...like you said...ill support the track that has open practices and is 15 minutes from home...but they dont seem to have that so it sucks :ermm:

st8jacket
06-05-2006, 05:18 PM
your absolutely right yellow..If they had open practices and got more people involed ,do you think more people would show up?I know for a fact that myself wouldnt just show up and race with no pratices ..I'm not that good.Atco has practice two nights a week that many dads share with there kids,so its really good for the whole family ..

Chris 75
06-06-2006, 02:53 PM
According to some the espn games are not a definate they put englishtown on scheudual an there is not any agreement between the to and from what I hear there will not be a race there

blasterkid
06-06-2006, 04:46 PM
I live in manasquan nj and the guy's son who owns englishtown told me last year, because he keeps his nice boat at the marina i worked at, that quads dont bring in enough money and that there not worth it. quote unquote

mole97
06-07-2006, 03:28 AM
After reading all this I just want to make a comment and in no way do I take sides or want to start an argument. I like e-town a lot and it was (OR IS) one of my favorite places. but lately I'm seeing a whole bunch of people always arguing and cryin about having nowhere to go, and then whenever there's a special event or they do something at a certain place 20 people show up? last years (for example) fall race at e-town I was psyched to go (was'nt able to ride,so went to watch). I got 4 friends to go and only 2 of us ride ,so I wanted to try and turn on the others to take up riding. figured it would be packed:macho get there and ther's NOBODY there?:rolleyes: I bet they didn't even have 100 entries. now,just to make my point everyones always cryin,but noones gettin invovled.special events like that and others are the time everyones gotta show the support,wether it's riding or just being apart of what's goin on. I like e-town and any track that supports us quads,so when we can and we get are chance show up,and show up in busloads and lets show these places that we are serious and we really want to ride,we want to race and we want respect,my 2 cents...........

STEVENJANNA
06-07-2006, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by mole97
After reading all this I just want to make a comment and in no way do I take sides or want to start an argument. I like e-town a lot and it was (OR IS) one of my favorite places. but lately I'm seeing a whole bunch of people always arguing and cryin about having nowhere to go, and then whenever there's a special event or they do something at a certain place 20 people show up? last years (for example) fall race at e-town I was psyched to go (was'nt able to ride,so went to watch). I got 4 friends to go and only 2 of us ride ,so I wanted to try and turn on the others to take up riding. figured it would be packed:macho get there and ther's NOBODY there?:rolleyes: I bet they didn't even have 100 entries. now,just to make my point everyones always cryin,but noones gettin invovled.special events like that and others are the time everyones gotta show the support,wether it's riding or just being apart of what's goin on. I like e-town and any track that supports us quads,so when we can and we get are chance show up,and show up in busloads and lets show these places that we are serious and we really want to ride,we want to race and we want respect,my 2 cents...........
Are you kidding?
The Fall Classic was PACKED last year

mole97
06-07-2006, 06:40 AM
You sure your not thinkin of 2 years ago? last year i lived in North Carolina and i just moved back,and I was excited to go see it , and i remember being dissapointed at the outcome. I remember going to one another time and there was a lot more people. it was cold that day, for the classic last year and i remember we all figured the cold kept eveyone away? i exaggerated with my 20 people comment, but there could of and should have been more people. Hey, I'm not tryin to start anything over this, I just was merely saying, that in this type of situation when we have the chance to get a day at any track to see what kind of turn out, is when we should make the most of it.

STEVENJANNA
06-07-2006, 06:53 AM
As far as racers there was a great turn out. There wasn't anybody in the stands though. I think you are right on about the weather keeping people away last fall but, the weather was great and the pro class had good talent Dunk, Brown, Lysinger...... I don't expect anyone to be there this weekend though (except maybe Donny if his wife hasn't given birth yet).

QuadRacer041
06-07-2006, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by STEVENJANNA
Are you kidding?
The Fall Classic was PACKED last year

i agree, out of the 3 races they've had there in recent years the only one with a disapionting turn out was the spring race because the NEATV had a race at rausch.

yellowzo3
06-07-2006, 11:32 AM
yeah thats what i was going to say...only one of the races had a poor turnout and that was because of another race going on at the same time like QuadRacer041 said...but i wont be suprised if this race has a poor turnout too...no practice all season and now thers a race...i think i heard on this site somewhere that its like $79 to ride because you have to be in the AMA and everything...That'll probably turn some people down but hopefully there will be a good turnout anyway

STEVENJANNA
06-09-2006, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by Chris 75
According to some the espn games are not a definate they put englishtown on scheudual an there is not any agreement between the to and from what I hear there will not be a race there
Here's the quote from the WPSA PR rep.

OK folks, take a deep breath. I apologize for not addressing this earlier. ALL of the remaining events on our schedule (Taylorville, Ill., July 8-9; Rossville, Ind., July 22-23; and Englishtown, N.J., Aug. 19-20) are finalized and set. Englishtown will be our season finale, and all of these events will be double-championship weekends for the pros.

I hope this helps. BTW, please feel free to email me directly if you have any questions.

Regards,
Justin

QuadRacer041
06-10-2006, 10:46 AM
anyone go to practice today?
how was the track?muddy?

yellowzo3
06-10-2006, 11:35 AM
i just got back...track is nice a little bit of dust...a little muddy in spots i guess but not bad...saw some people from the site as well

Chris 75
06-10-2006, 12:13 PM
Here's the quote from the WPSA PR rep.

OK folks, take a deep breath. I apologize for not addressing this earlier. ALL of the remaining events on our schedule (Taylorville, Ill., July 8-9; Rossville, Ind., July 22-23; and Englishtown, N.J., Aug. 19-20) are finalized and set. Englishtown will be our season finale, and all of these events will be double-championship weekends for the pros.

I hope this helps. BTW, please feel free to email me directly if you have any questions.

Regards,
Justin

Thanks for the update.

STEVENJANNA
06-10-2006, 08:53 PM
Track was in great shape. It was very windy today but, tomorrow won't be as windy. I don't like the changes they made to the back section but it's different.

STEVENJANNA
06-10-2006, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by yellowzo3
i just got back...track is nice a little bit of dust...a little muddy in spots i guess but not bad...saw some people from the site as well
If you're there tomorrow stop by and say HI. My trailer is set up right across from turn 2 it's white with DESIGN ELECTRIC on the side

MXRACER86
06-12-2006, 04:30 PM
I had an AWESOME time yesterday! Racing was great!!!!! Just sucked that we had to push our quads everywhere. Otherwise it was great! I love that track!

STEVENJANNA
06-12-2006, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by MXRACER86
I had an AWESOME time yesterday! Racing was great!!!!! Just sucked that we had to push our quads everywhere. Otherwise it was great! I love that track!
I understand the no pit riding rules but , having to push your quad across the pits to the staging area is assinine. Pushing your quad back after a moto is even worse. My young children come to my races and I have gotten nervous about kids racing around in the pits (especially if they had a bad moto) and hitting one of them. It seemed to work out OK though last weekend.

quadgod440ex
06-25-2006, 09:58 AM
By the way atco lost there insurence just as e-town did , same as e-town atco will be holding races only also. They said it takes about 10 days to get it back up and running when i was talking to atco joes wife . And that was like 2 weeks ago so they should be up and running soon . i drive by there almost everyday so the first time i see someone on the track im going there .

mppics
06-26-2006, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by quadgod440ex
By the way atco lost there insurence just as e-town did , same as e-town atco will be holding races only also. They said it takes about 10 days to get it back up and running when i was talking to atco joes wife . And that was like 2 weeks ago so they should be up and running soon . i drive by there almost everyday so the first time i see someone on the track im going there .

Atco will have practice on Tuesday and Friday during weeks when there is a race on the coming weekend and Friday practice when there is no race that week. In short, there is practice every Friday, but Tuesday practice only when there is a race that week.