PDA

View Full Version : ltr 450 oil tank

TBSS Racing
05-23-2006, 04:35 PM
the oil plug will fall out bring it to a good welder.my machine shop did 3 today.call suziki . emails dont work :(

Quadprorider
05-23-2006, 06:30 PM
Not to be a dick or anything but when you post a problem could you not be so broad?

When you say, ''the oil plug will fall out''.............what do you mean?

Are the threads stripping?

Are you sure that you didn't over tighten the bolt?

When you refer to the ''oil plug'' are you talking about the fill plug or the drain plug?

These are questions that are left in peoples minds when you post that the oil tank needs to be fixed by a machine shop because the oil plug will ''fall out.'' Please fill me in if you would. Thanks, Nick.

AL Elks
05-23-2006, 06:34 PM
Come on guys don't bite on this one. Figure the odds of 3 bikes doing the same thing and taking it to the same machine shop on the same day.

It's not going to happen!

This is BULL!

jason14x
05-23-2006, 08:15 PM
I hate to say this is legitimate but this is not the first I have heard of this......apparently the threaded insert into the tank is only pressed in and I know someone who personally had this happen to them and told me to do this (have it welded)also.

I will be calling my dealer tomorrow am and have them look into this . Personally if it happens all I say is let me know and send me a new oil tank and Ill be happy. Otherwise no problems and I love this thing.

Jason

AL Elks
05-24-2006, 05:36 AM
Oh I'm not saying you can't strip it. It's just that they are not falling out for no reason and I find it hard to believe that in the same day 3 people showed up on his doorstep with stripped oil tank bolts.. If someone strips them their not using a torque wrench to put them on. The oil tank is a very thin metal with the insert for the plug pressed in. If you overtighten it it will strip. You can weld it but I'd rather put in a helicoil myself.

If they are using a torque wrench and they are still stripping I'd take a good look at the torque wrench. I know I had that problem. I bought a cheap torque wrench from Harbor Frreigt and stripped 6 different bolts on my Z. I went out and bought a dial torque wrench and have never stripped another bolt.

250rider
05-24-2006, 01:04 PM
its called SNAP-ON

Shindog
05-25-2006, 01:26 AM
Dam mr. PROQUADRIDER
Read between the lines! You could answere 1/2 of your own questions. For someone not trying to be a dick? WOW someone needs to get laid? LOL Keep it real Nick;)

KWAD GAWD
05-31-2006, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by TBSS Racing
the oil plug will fall out bring it to a good welder.my machine shop did 3 today.call suziki . emails dont work :(
English please?