PDA

View Full Version : throttle cable and 400ex thumb throttle ?

dustinb
05-23-2006, 02:58 PM
OK so i took my thumb throttle apart becuase my carb was not opening all the way, it was about 1/4" from opening all the way up. well the inside of the 400ex thumb throttle was already ground down some to alow it to open more so i dont know what to do, ive hear of these throttles working great on 250R's and the other thing is my throttle cable does NOT have any type of ball on the end where it attatches to the lever in the thumb throttle. it was just a wire that slid into a sleeve and then a screw was fastened into it to keep it there. this seeems very weird to me since my blaster has a ball on it and attaches in a groove..............if you can help me i would greatly appreciate it thanks

zedicus00
05-23-2006, 03:07 PM
the stopper in the 400ex throttle has to be completly cut out...

where did you get that set up from? sounds a lil jerry-rigged... motion pro sells a cble that is made for hondas to go to aftermarket carbs, it has solid ends like you want and a couple of different places to make adjustments...

86 Quad R
05-23-2006, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by zedicus00
sounds a lil jerry-rigged...

i'm with Zed. contact motion pro and tell them what you have. they'll fix ya right up. :cool:

matt250r21
05-23-2006, 07:01 PM
Even with grinding the inside of the 400EX throttle and the arm itself and using a motion pro cable, I could never get the slide to open all the way on both the 38 PWK and 39 PWK carbs. It just dosn't have enough throw to open them all the way, I tried everything to get it to work. In the end I went back to stock 250R thumb throttle

zedicus00
05-23-2006, 08:35 PM
mine works fine guys. have this set up on a blaster even and it works fine on it too.