View Full Version : What shock would work better?

300ex_#387
05-23-2006, 09:58 AM
Alright I'm looking for a set of new shocks to go on my 300. It's either between a set of stock 450 shocks, or a set of 400ex works triple rate w/rezzies. I mainly ride/race MX, and I have all the parts to do the conversion. I just wasn't sure which one would work the best.

300exOH
05-23-2006, 10:39 AM
Neither shock will be set up correctly for the conversion. Both will have to be revalved and resprung to work properly because of the upright position of the shocks.

300ex_#387
05-23-2006, 10:51 AM
Yeah I know all of that. I'm already racing with this set up, but I would like to upgrade to a better shock. I'm just asking which one would be better to get? I can get both for around the same price, and I know there getting revalved.

300exOH
05-23-2006, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by 300ex_#387
Yeah I know all of that. I'm already racing with this set up, but I would like to upgrade to a better shock. I'm just asking which one would be better to get? I can get both for around the same price, and I know there getting revalved.

Sorry. I see so many posts on this I just throw that info out there first. I would say the 450r shocks are built just a bit better than the works but you might have to do some grinding on the shock to get it to fit right. (no big deal though) Are you using 400ex arms or aftermarket 300ex?

300ex_#387
05-23-2006, 12:06 PM
I am currently using 400ex a arms...When I start my rebuild I'm choosing between some GDH +3's and or some 400 +2's. The relocator I have has an open top so I wont have to worry about grinding down on the shock. I was leaning more toward 450r shocks too. I see what you mean by all the posts being made about this. It isnt the best set up, but if you do it right it isnt so bad....

300exOH
05-23-2006, 12:17 PM
I prefer the setup with aftermarket 300ex a arms but either way it is a definite improvement over stock. I had 250r arms on mine and didn't really like them so I switched to 300ex burgard +2+1's,shockmount bracket and elkas built for the setup and I have been very happy with it.

heres mine

300ex_#387
05-23-2006, 12:34 PM
Yeah i'm leaning towards the GDH +3's. I like how you dont have to use the relocator. I could if I want to run some 400ex LT shocks with those a arms and the relocator, but I dought I will. Nice 4 wheeler by the way...I would show you a pic of mine, but I dont know how to resize and its way to big...

300exOH
05-23-2006, 12:49 PM
Yeah i'm leaning towards the GDH +3's. I like how you dont have to use the relocator. I could if I want to run some 400ex LT shocks with those a arms and the relocator, but I dought I will. Nice 4 wheeler by the way...I would show you a pic of mine, but I dont know how to resize and its way to big...

Yeah the GDH's would've been my first choice but they weren't on the market when I built mine. I think the GDH's with the shockmount bracket and some 400ex length LT shocks would be a wicked setup. Thanks for the compliment on my quad.:D

If you want to resize the pics just go to microsoft's website and download the image resizer powertoy. Then you can right click on any image file and resize it however you want.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

It's in the right column 5th from the bottom. There are some other good powertoys on that page you might want to check out too like tweak UI

300ex_#387
05-23-2006, 01:00 PM
Thanks I will try that. If I get it working I will post some pics in the 300 forum. Its about to be torn down for a rebuild after my next race though hopefully so it should look a little different....

300exOH
05-23-2006, 01:05 PM
Thanks I will try that. If I get it working I will post some pics in the 300 forum. Its about to be torn down for a rebuild after my next race though hopefully so it should look a little different....

No problem. The resizer tool is awesome. It should come with windows IMO. Good luck on the rebuild.