PDA

View Full Version : motorcycle licends?

One_Bad_400
05-23-2006, 09:11 AM
anyone here have there motorcycle licends??? how hard is the written test? i know how to ride a motorcycle... i've been ridding with my dad sense i was 13-14 on a katana 600... and i need to go get my licends now that i'm old enough... but the bike i'm going to take it on, the controls are backwards :eek2: its a old Harly Davidson soft tail and the shifter is on the right and break on the left... lol

Mxjunkie
05-23-2006, 09:54 AM
My sister just went and got hers, she said it was easy you just have to pay attention when you read everything lol She said the lil 250cc bikes they use suck but they make it simple because they are so light.

ShiftFMX
05-23-2006, 09:57 AM
license

One_Bad_400
05-23-2006, 10:40 AM
haha... really? i wish our place had there own motorcycles... but we have to bring the one we will be ridding... i'll be ridding our Texas Chopper but that wouldnt be a good motorcycle to do the test on... lol... we have a little yamaha 250cc varago up at our lake house to get around on and i told my dad to bring it back but he forgot... so i got to ride his soft tail now... lol

Originally posted by ShiftFMX
license

thanks... i thought i'd never figure out how to spell it... i've been trying for years :chinese:

Mxjunkie
05-23-2006, 10:42 AM
Yeah I wouldnt ride the chopper they are a bitoch to ride lol.. We have 2 slammers and the 280 rear tires make turning interesting! :o

csimp3
05-23-2006, 10:45 AM
the written test is really easy, the road test was easy also, but the only thing you gotta look for is the car that follows you will flash his lights on and off once, you gotta put your hand up when you see it, if you dont, i think you fail, maybe thats just in WI though

One_Bad_400
05-23-2006, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by csimp3
the written test is really easy, the road test was easy also, but the only thing you gotta look for is the car that follows you will flash his lights on and off once, you gotta put your hand up when you see it, if you dont, i think you fail, maybe thats just in WI though

um...... whats the flashing of lights mean??? haha... i hope i dont fail

One_Bad_400
05-23-2006, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
Yeah I wouldnt ride the chopper they are a bitoch to ride lol.. We have 2 slammers and the 280 rear tires make turning interesting! :o

same here, ours is a 240 though... i love it... you can balance these bikes sitting still haha...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid74/pd8b7175a385adfa9742fd3a84e973412/fb64ea40.jpg

deathman53
05-23-2006, 01:49 PM
I passed the written test easy, the thing you need to study is what it says in the dmv manual about crossing tracks and points, the rest on common sense. I then took a class to get my licence, friday-books, saturday-basic riding and books, sunday-riding, final test. Yes, it was dumb and boring to me, but they provide bikes and give you a passing certificate to give to dmv and get your licence. The class I took has for somebody who never rode a bike in their life, yes, it was boring and dumb about 3/4 of the time, but I learned alot about defensive riding and it saved me 3 times already. I used Rider-ed.

csimp3
05-24-2006, 01:28 AM
when he flashes the headlights on and off, then you signal him, its just showing that you are paying attention to whats behind you as well as whats in front of you

One_Bad_400
05-24-2006, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by Kickstarts_Suck
1st ?. Spell license

ah.... thank you again sur... i notested i spelled it wrong the first time someone told me... but... i really dont care...

hey Mxjunkie, yesterday when me and my father went ridding... i noticed that the center of the chopper tire is kind of like coming out... like its got a sholder sticking out??? is this normal on widder tires? this is our first wide tire bike and its just now making this mess up in the tire? is this normal? its coming out like this } (if that is the back of the tire) lol... but not that extreme of a point... its a few inches wide

05-24-2006, 01:45 PM
1st ?. Spell license

ahaha you should talk. I dont want this thread closed so I'm not going any further with this.

Anyway, NJ sucks, you cant get motorcycle licence until your 18. There goes my plan of getting a Harley before graduating high school.

rmz250
05-24-2006, 02:20 PM
no i mean thats the 1st ? on the test

just shut up

400exrules
05-24-2006, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by rmz250
just shut up

ya lol

elchankoblanko
05-24-2006, 03:17 PM
Anyway, NJ sucks, you cant get motorcycle licence until your 18. There goes my plan of getting a Harley before graduating high school. [/B]

No its definetly 17

Mxjunkie
05-24-2006, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by One_Bad_400
ah.... thank you again sur... i notested i spelled it wrong the first time someone told me... but... i really dont care...

hey Mxjunkie, yesterday when me and my father went ridding... i noticed that the center of the chopper tire is kind of like coming out... like its got a sholder sticking out??? is this normal on widder tires? this is our first wide tire bike and its just now making this mess up in the tire? is this normal? its coming out like this } (if that is the back of the tire) lol... but not that extreme of a point... its a few inches wide

When he is riding it or when its sitting still?

We havent had a problem with our burgundy one, we have a purple one and the air system in the back took a ****.

One_Bad_400
05-24-2006, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
When he is riding it or when its sitting still?

We havent had a problem with our burgundy one, we have a purple one and the air system in the back took a ****.

when it is sitting still, what is that burgundy one? Texas?