PDA

View Full Version : Add reverse to 400ex

aaronqjones
05-23-2006, 08:20 AM
Is it possible to add reverse to an older 400ex by slapping in a 05 transmission?

underpowered
05-23-2006, 10:41 AM
you would have to do the complete bottome end, cases and all to make it work. pretyy much would need the whole motor minus the top end to make it work.

aaronqjones
05-23-2006, 11:10 AM
Holy Crap!:huh I was wondering why I never read any posts about adding the backup option. Damnit. I guess I need a friend and a rope insted of a 05 and up. Ha!

underpowered
05-23-2006, 11:19 AM
once you get used to it, you dont need reverse. The only time i ever really push myself back, is when i am unloading off teh trailer, other than that i can always find a place to turn around.

aaronqjones
05-23-2006, 11:22 AM
That is what my buddy is telling me. I will use it a lot. But since he has it on the 660 all i need is a rope. You can get a older 400ex for so little. My mind is made up. Thanks man.

05-23-2006, 03:01 PM
I use reverse alot on trails, I used to own a 400ex and it always made me mad to push it around on the trails in the tight spaces, but once I got good I could just spin her sidewayzzzz :p

Unverfehrt400ex
05-23-2006, 10:30 PM
its not really that bad not having reverse. you get so used to it that you just dont get yourself into tight places. all i do is trail ride and i cant member when the last time is ive had to push.

cosborne
05-24-2006, 06:06 PM
I think without reverse it makes trail riding funnier. You get at the top of a big hill and people behind you, you can't back up have to go down, you get in front of a mud hole or something it kind of pushes you along to give it a try because you don't want to get off and push. Anyone agree?

94F450SD
05-24-2006, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by cosborne
I think without reverse it makes trail riding funnier. You get at the top of a big hill and people behind you, you can't back up have to go down, you get in front of a mud hole or something it kind of pushes you along to give it a try because you don't want to get off and push. Anyone agree?

i have reverse and i still go through a mud hole no matter what size it is.if i get stuck i have my buddy pull me out with his raptor or the 2 of us gotta get muddy to get it out.

reverse isnt necessary but is nice to have.i dont use it much but i do use it.i could live without but i have so i might as well use it

jason43050
05-25-2006, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by 94F450SD
reverse isnt necessary but is nice to have.i dont use it much but i do use it.i could live without but i have so i might as well use it reverse is like umm lets say for example, powered windows or no powered windows. powere locks or manual locks. just all on what you'd prefer and want to pay for. i have an 05 400 and of course reverse is on it. i use it alot just cause its there. if you had a car that had power windows and it had a turn knob on it so you could do it manualy, would you put the window up manualy? or use the power? of course you would use the power cause its easier :) but its like optiopns on a car, it costs more to get :)