PDA

View Full Version : How do i...

BORY
05-23-2006, 06:48 AM
i tried to install a pro design kill switch but on other threads they said to run it to the black/ywlloe wire and the short 1 to ground. i did that it doesnt work and in the instructions it says to connect it to some wire coming from the stater. and i also tried to put a yz start button on and it does work wtf am i doing wrong???

exrider49
05-23-2006, 05:47 PM
you have to run the short wire to like the a front fender mount and sandpaper it so there is no paint and the long wire i ran it to the black wire with a white stripe down it from your key switch....thats what baldwins told me to do cuz i tried to follow the directions and got no where....and i dont kno hwat to tell you bout the yfz starter havent tried one of them on my quad

Phrogs4ever
05-26-2006, 10:27 AM
Check out this site:

http://atv.off-road.com/atv/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=192238

For the ground wire, you don't have to sand on your frame. Just put a terminal lug on the end of the wire. Now Connect that Lug on the screw that bolts the "L" bracket for your plastics to the top of your front shock mount. You may have to take a wire brush to the screw if it is corroded to insure a good ground.