PDA

View Full Version : Tattoos!!! Help!!!

03400EX_Nacs
05-22-2006, 09:44 PM
well, i am going with my dad to florida June 10th-17th and i talked my mom into letting me get a tattoo. considering my age it was a tough one. i am young and riding will always be in my life so i want to get one dealing with riding. but i just dont know what! i need ideas!!!! something, anything, PLEASE give me ideas
P.S. NOTHING TO DO WITH FOX, since every poser out there knows about fox
Thanks

JOEX
05-22-2006, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by 03400EX_Nacs
well, i am going with my dad to florida June 10th-17th and i talked my mom into letting me get a tattoo. considering my age it was a tough one. i am young and riding will always be in my life so i want to get one dealing with riding. but i just dont know what! i need ideas!!!! something, anything, PLEASE give me ideas
P.S. NOTHING TO DO WITH FOX, since every poser out there knows about fox
Thanks
You have already admitted you are young so you don't know that riding will always be in your life. Maybe it will but you wont know until you're done:p Alot of things could change after today;)

Anyway... If you're set on getting a tattoo keep it very general, no names unless it's your child. Maybe some sort of symbol, your star sign or something that could be viewed in different ways.

kamikaze_rzrbak
05-22-2006, 10:55 PM
something about the family is always a good idea, or heritage. i got family in italian tatted on the back of my arm

nosliw
05-22-2006, 10:59 PM
2'X2' swastika on your back....:D

i recommend NOT getting one when you have to decide quickly. it should be something meaningful, so asking for suggestions makes me think you'd be better off waiting.

only tattoos that are guaranteed to look badass are ones you earn for puting your life on the line (navy, army, ect)

SGA
05-22-2006, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by nosliw
i recommend NOT getting one when you have to decide quickly. it should be something meaningful, so asking for suggestions makes me think you'd be better off waiting.

I agree

05-23-2006, 08:12 AM
Get a cawk on your forehead.

Seriuously dont get a tattoo if you are not 100% sure what you want.You will regret it when you get older,I did.I have a few tattoos and the only one I regret is the 1st one cause I rushed my decision.

05-23-2006, 08:13 AM
2'X2' swastika on your back....:D

That was my first tattoo but its on my neck

03400EX_Nacs
05-23-2006, 08:42 AM
well i am not actuaclly being rushed because i have almost a month left to decide. see the first tattoo my brother got on his senior tripp last year was FOX with a fox head as the O. i really dont have any family heritage i could represent. i dunno. i am seriously think about curtis sparks. (the logo) because my name is curtis :D or some emblem that represents a type of riding gear

honda350r
05-23-2006, 09:15 AM
That's what I would do !! put someone elses name on your body:rolleyes:

Just get some Sparks stickers and stick them on you.. Then when you get very bored with the logo just tear it off and put a moto X fox sticker in its place ..

ShiftFMX
05-23-2006, 09:58 AM
I Always thought riding was going to be in my life too...and I havent ridden in years

rmz250
05-23-2006, 10:03 AM
It seems like if you wanna be different these days your better off not getting a tatto.

csimp3
05-23-2006, 10:40 AM
if you get a riding related tattoo, and some day stop riding, thats not bad, thats marks a time in you life, no matter how old you get, or how long you quit riding for, there will always be a point in your life when riding was important, and thats what that tattoo will signify. i was gonna get a skateboarding tat a few years ago, i always skated, then i found motorcycles, and stopped skating, but it was a big part of my life for a long time, part of me will alwyas be a skater, just like no matter what part of me will alwyas be a rider

kdp620
05-23-2006, 10:42 AM
From what you said I don't think you should get a tattoo yet either. You shouldn't get one unless you are 100% positive that it is something YOU want. You shouldn't have to ask for ideas for something that is going on your body, not to mention it is not going to just disappear if you change your mind afterwards. Think about it first!

EvilJester400EX
05-23-2006, 03:27 PM
Be original - Design your own.

QuadManKev
05-23-2006, 03:41 PM
i think everyone should stop trying to convince this kid otherwise. if he wants one then let me get it without cutting him down. he wants ideas, not criticism

nosliw
05-23-2006, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by James400EX
That was my first tattoo but its on my neck

i'm just going to assume you forgot to add "just kidding"

Quad Boy 660r
05-23-2006, 04:12 PM
I agree.

But if you really want one, how about something patriotic like an eagle or something?

nosliw
05-23-2006, 04:15 PM
a kid at school my junior year got drunk, shaved his head and had another friend (sober) tattoo a football helmet on his scalp.

needless to say he regretted it the next morning :D

450rJam
05-23-2006, 04:40 PM
a friend got a pair of honda wings, one on each shoulder blade.
I was going to get my last name across my back (like my football jersey), at the time my mom said no and after high school I lost intrest.
is there a quote or something small that you could cover later in life if you changed your mind?
I would get one that you can cover with a normal t-shirt so that
you can show it off or not.
just my 2 cents.

ShiftFMX
05-23-2006, 09:43 PM
a kid at school my junior year got drunk, shaved his head and had another friend (sober) tattoo a football helmet on his scalp.

needless to say he regretted it the next morning :D

:eek2:

03400EX_Nacs
05-23-2006, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by QuadManKev
i think everyone should stop trying to convince this kid otherwise. if he wants one then let me get it without cutting him down. he wants ideas, not criticism
you really hit the nail on the head with this one. Thanks.

05-23-2006, 09:46 PM
i got a naked chik! pron

03400EX_Nacs
05-23-2006, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by 450rJam
a friend got a pair of honda wings, one on each shoulder blade.
I was going to get my last name across my back (like my football jersey), at the time my mom said no and after high school I lost intrest.
is there a quote or something small that you could cover later in life if you changed your mind?
I would get one that you can cover with a normal t-shirt so that
you can show it off or not.
just my 2 cents.
i wanted to get "Its not a tragedy to die doing what you love" like one one of the Huevos videos but i doubt my dad would go for that :)

03400EX_Nacs
05-23-2006, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by the gangsta
i got a naked chik! pron
hubba hubba... uh yeah doubt that would fly with school policies

03400EX_Nacs
05-24-2006, 09:22 AM
i am getting a tat one way or another.

Plante400
05-24-2006, 11:41 AM
get a swastica sp? on your chest like american history X

#8red
05-24-2006, 11:56 AM
how 'bout a "shift" emblem- or something like a troy lee des. I saw that had a piston/cam flaming - or an equal sign (=) with a slash thru it ( \ ) ( there is no equal) - I agree on the fox decalls - there's so many posers around here w/ a fox sticker on their truck - I allmost put a "piss on fox " sticker on mine ( right next to my 2' shift one)

05-24-2006, 01:29 PM
I got ride.race.live on my upper forearm or w.e you wanna call. And when I get old and cant ride anymore I can always look at it and remind me of the good ol days.

05-24-2006, 05:45 PM
i want to get something like this but with out the troy lee logo.

03400EX_Nacs
05-24-2006, 10:39 PM
well there are some good ideas. i dont think i am gonna get anything like letters. the shift emblem or curtis sparks is what i am leaning towards