PDA

View Full Version : picture of the new truck

Stevie-D
05-22-2006, 07:26 PM
heres the truck i bought over a month ago. it's a 93 power ram 150 4X4 short box (surprisingly an extremely rare option for these trucks) with a 318 (new top end) and a rebuilt 727. finally got the tranny straightened out and it's running awesome.
it's got Lund running boards and a moonvisor, an A.R.E fiberglass bed cover, chrome mags,(never seen them before, can't figure out who makes them:confused: ) new paint..not an ounce of bondo on the body, i don't think i've ever seen an older truck in this good shape. i've got my CB antennas mounted but haven't had time yet to wire in the actual CB. i bought a kenwood head unit and some kicker speakers and a sub for it. both amps fit perfect under the seat. i just traded my old subs for a dvd player that i am going to mount under the dash. pretty much overkill, but what the hell
the exhaust right now is straight pipe with a magnaflow single in(3") dual out (2 1/2'') it ends right under the cab and is louder than hell. havent had the time yet to get it to a muffler shop to bend up some duals for it.

the tires are 31X10.5's. maybe its just the angle, but they look tiny on there. it's got 3/4 ton suspension under it:devil: so it sits pretty high.
sorry for the crappy pic, camera phones suck :p

nosliw
05-22-2006, 07:30 PM
does it at least have a cummins?

tranny problems? on a dodge? has hell frozen over?

just yanking ya. i like the color.

Stevie-D
05-22-2006, 07:44 PM
i've always known that the dodge auto's suck muchos huevos . but i figured i'd gamble on it. well about a month and a half and 2 complete rebuilds (yes, 2 rebuilds) later, i've got a decent tranny that i'm hoping will last until i get rid of it:D

no cummins:( i found a 91 with a cummins turbo and a 4-speed:devil: they were asking like 2500 for it. man, did that get my head spinning. if i had the extra 2500, i'd buy it and swap the motor and trans into my truck. that would be one hell of a wicked truck:D

Stevie-D
05-22-2006, 07:55 PM
here's a picture of my old truck before i totaled it:(
i think that its kind of ironic that i replaced pretty much everything except for the motor and tranny in the dakota. (entire front suspension was redone, new brake lines, fuel lines, complete rear end, transfer case, driveshaft, you name it, it was new) and now this truck the first thing to go is the tranny.

http://myspace-842.vo.llnwd.net/00452/24/81/452561842_l.jpg

nosliw
05-22-2006, 08:01 PM
i dont know dude, if you put a cummins/manny tranny into a 1/2 body you might total it if you launch too hard! lol

man i remember seeing pics of that truck before. too bad you totalled it. oh well, your moving up the food chain now.

Stevie-D
05-22-2006, 08:06 PM
ha. your probably right.

i guess i'll stick with the 318. i was told by the dealer that the top end was redone by the previous owner. i don't know what its got done to it, but it's got some snot to it. i doubt that its got stock parts in it, but other than ripping it down i've got no way of knowing. sounds like its got a cam in it, but again, aint about to tear down just to find out

nosliw
05-22-2006, 08:28 PM
fast compared to your old dakota?

do you ever take your trucks to the drags?

that's the scary part of buying used. just pray he knew what he was doing (sounds like he did)

Stevie-D
05-22-2006, 08:36 PM
my dakota was a slug. hhaahaha. no, fast compared to a lot of vehicles that i have driven. its not going to run 9's or anything, but its got some nuts to it. lmao::devil:

i want to take it down to numidia or maple grove in a few weeks and see what it will run.:devil