PDA

View Full Version : need help gettin stock header off!!! ***

Titanium
05-22-2006, 03:20 PM
alrite i need help gettin this header off. do u have to take the coolant hose off?

indyZrider
05-22-2006, 03:38 PM
take the rad out. easiest way-3bolts, 2 hoses and 2 electrical connectors for the rad removal

Titanium
05-22-2006, 04:27 PM
alrite now i've got the header mounted. but guess wat. HMF sent me the wrong pipe and header!!! the header wont even go under the rear right plastic it sticks out and gouje's(sp) the plastic!

HondaRacer300ex
05-22-2006, 06:08 PM
Most people cut them off, but taking the radiator off works too. That's what I did.

Titanium
05-23-2006, 12:18 PM
well i got the header and pipe on yesterday. turned out i had the header put on the out side of the frame instead of the inside of it so it didn't fit right. but instead of havin to take the radiator out i jus took the thermostat out and that made everything easier to work around. other wise the pipe sounds great.;)

Titanium
05-23-2006, 08:43 PM
well i jus got done re-jetting my carb. and all i can say is wow. jus so i could get to my carb i had to take my front plastics off and take my gas tank off. but it was worth it the power difference is unbelieveable. u can really notice it in the bottom end.

indyZrider
05-24-2006, 01:05 PM
when i tore my Z down this last winter to pc and gusset the frame i did the exact same thing you did with the header during rebuild. that crap is frustrating if you dont get it right.--and they are night and day when you pipe jet and intake them. now you will just need some good tires to transfer all the new power to the ground and youll be good 2 go.

Crazy Diamond
05-24-2006, 08:13 PM
So all you did was take out the thermostat without taking the rad. hose off? I am at the same point with taking the header off.

I won a complete Yoshi RS-3 on the bay for $142.50 shipped. (WHAT A DEAL) :D :devil:

I "heard" that with the Yoshi that I might not have to rejet! Is this true. Doesn't sound it to me, but a friend of mine said he talked to a Yoshi Rep. and he told him to just run it. He said he did this and no problems! Thoughts on this and suggestions on removal. Thanks!

Titanium
05-24-2006, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Crazy Diamond
So all you did was take out the thermostat without taking the rad. hose off? I am at the same point with taking the header off.

I won a complete Yoshi RS-3 on the bay for $142.50 shipped. (WHAT A DEAL) :D :devil:

I "heard" that with the Yoshi that I might not have to rejet! Is this true. Doesn't sound it to me, but a friend of mine said he talked to a Yoshi Rep. and he told him to just run it. He said he did this and no problems! Thoughts on this and suggestions on removal. Thanks!

you could ride it without re-jetting it but i don't think you would be gettin as much of a power gain as you would if you did re-jet. another i'd like to add about my pipe was right after i re-jetted my carb it revved up fine in neutral didn't miss or anything but soon as i hit second gear it would jus cut out like no other. if you ever have any problems like that jus take the airbox lid off and it will like cream puff;) :D

Crazy Diamond
05-28-2006, 08:50 PM
After rejetting and the pipe I hit the Rev Limiter. Opening the air box did nothing to help this. Need a Rev Limiter to fix this. Or stay off the throttle. LOL

Also, you need to take the top Radiator hose off and a bit of twisting at the stocker will come right off! The Yoshi will go on and off without taking anything off.

kfx400isdashiz
07-09-2006, 09:58 PM
your a ***** i took mine off when i pulled my motor and that was first off the exhaust n it was stock exhaust. undo the bolts. detach it from mufler and yank it

Titanium
07-09-2006, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by kfx400isdashiz
your a ***** i took mine off when i pulled my motor and that was first off the exhaust n it was stock exhaust. undo the bolts. detach it from mufler and yank it

look you little chittin newb if you can't already figger it out i think we solved the problem by now. and if u are a careless mechanic like u and unbolt it which is stupid because you will do some damage to ur radiator so shut the hell up and think before u post newb.

kfx400isdashiz
07-10-2006, 09:15 AM
ok well atleast this newb can take off an exhaust

shorgasm
07-10-2006, 11:06 AM
All ya gotta do is remove all the rad bolts..not loosen but take them out.Unplug the the therm switch and slide the rad up and forward..the pipe will come out with the right angle..no need to drain the coolant or take the thermo out at all..

I have to admit it did have me perplexed at first but the rad will move enough to pull it..

Titanium
07-10-2006, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by kfx400isdashiz
ok well atleast this newb can take off an exhaust

dude look you're retarded. as i stated before i don't need any of your help because i took it off and figured it out myself. so guess what NEWB i think you're in the wrong on this one and YOU need to grow up a little. and plus if i needed anymore help don't you think i woulda asked a long time ago i mean come on this thread is nearly 2 months old. why did you even reply in the first place.