PDA

View Full Version : What about you?

JRP
05-22-2006, 02:24 PM
Ive been riding so far for about 3 or 4 years. I usually ride at the same place which is behind my house. I ride probably 5 to 6 hours during the week and about 5 to 7 on the weekend. Maybe its just me but it just gets boring after riding on it for so long and its making me not want to ride as much as i do now. I go outside by myself and ride by myslef every weekday and weekend, and its starting to piss me off. haha, i just wanted to know if you guys get bored after a few years of riding in the same spot.

05-22-2006, 02:35 PM
change your track up a little bit and youll like it more i ride a like a mix of sx/mx track and it gets really boring even if im riding with my buddies. Heres a pic of the track

05-22-2006, 02:38 PM
moe pics can be seen here

http://www.njorvp.org/MX%20gallery/index.html

and this one

both the same park just different tracks

http://www.njorvp.org/Intermediate%20track/index.html

05-22-2006, 02:40 PM
the events they have

http://www.njorvp.org/Motorcross%20Race%202005/index.html

05-22-2006, 02:41 PM
OK sorry sorry i forgot this was an atv site :devil:

http://www.njorvp.org/ATV%20Gallery/index.html

Scro
05-22-2006, 02:56 PM
That's what I didn't like about MX. The repetition just wasn't worth the money I was spending each time...$25 here, $30 there,...etc.

MotoX3
05-22-2006, 02:59 PM
I've got a similar situation....but I have trails out the ying yang within a half mile of my house....but I have a 2-stroke set up for MX....I've been considering selling for a trail bike or just forget it all and get a street bike....

05-22-2006, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Marshmello
change your track up a little bit and youll like it more i ride a like a mix of sx/mx track and it gets really boring even if im riding with my buddies. Heres a pic of the track lol, last time I was there I got bored and tried to make that table/then uphil a big double. I almost made it too. I really scrubbed the roller and hit it 4th pinned. I came really close to making it. The track official said If i did it again they wouldn't let me come back, because it was setting a bad example:huh

05-22-2006, 03:22 PM
you can kinda see it here

JRP
05-22-2006, 03:23 PM
its easier said then done to change up my track. for one i dont have any dirt and the other thing is i only have a shovel.:o haha it also sucks riding by urself, its like theres no competition so it hard to push yourself.

JRP
05-22-2006, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by bama450r
That's what I didn't like about MX. The repetition just wasn't worth the money I was spending each time...$25 here, $30 there,...etc.

i mean i like riding at other tracks, its just riding at the same track for 3 years gets boring. lol

05-22-2006, 03:25 PM
Seemed like abetter idea at the time. YOu can see the size of a rider to the size of the jump that was never ment to be one:rolleyes: :blah:

05-22-2006, 03:40 PM
your right riding alone is soooo boring!! So I went out and bought a old Honda 1987 Fourtrax and put it through hell I mean took off rear fenders, took off exhuast and header and put HUGE ITP blackwaters on it and just flipped it for fun and did some crazy stuff with it. I once ran into a tree because I got pissed at my Fourtrax, not its in the shop gettin some tie rod and bumper repairs

XCAdam89
05-22-2006, 03:57 PM
Take up XC, there's something interesting everyday! :p

Seriously though, I'd try new lines, make the jumps a little bigger, and just push yourself a little harder. If all else fails, I'll come over and give you some competition! :devil:

05-22-2006, 04:06 PM
Seriously though, I'd try new lines, make the jumps a little bigger, and just push yourself a little harder. If all else fails, I'll come over and give you some competition!

competition... shoot!

QuadManKev
05-22-2006, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by XCAdam89
Take up XC, there's something interesting everyday! :p

Seriously though, I'd try new lines, make the jumps a little bigger, and just push yourself a little harder. If all else fails, I'll come over and give you some competition! :devil:

haha competition on what quad?

Ruby Soho
05-22-2006, 05:47 PM
i get bored too. ive only had about an acre to ride in for about 3 years. got real boring. but i asked my neighbor if i could ride in his woods, so now i have well over 50 acres to ride in. im still making trails every day

ny300exrider
05-22-2006, 06:08 PM
i feel the same way, thats why i will be picking up a stock 125 this summer to learn how to ride bikes and try something new.

Mxjunkie
05-22-2006, 06:22 PM
I must be weird cause I like riding alone and I never get bored. :o

JRP
05-22-2006, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
I must be weird cause I like riding alone and I never get bored. :o

haha yea josh your just weird.:p Its not like riding quads is boring, its just riding on the same stuff and riding with noone for 3yrs. Thats what is getting boring. Thats why i want to get started racing, becuase ill have some competition. Even when i went to that little arenacross track to ride, it was really fun because i had competition and i saw how everyone rode. It was fun as hell. Unlike riding by myself. lmao

suck my pipe
05-22-2006, 07:09 PM
been rididing 12 years, I dont have quad now thoe because I bought a street bike. i'm planing on a dirt bike like maybe next year. we have lots oof places to ride thoe.

05-22-2006, 07:36 PM
Then dont ride int he same place so often.

Theres stripmines behind my house that can keep u busy for a whole day. But if u go 2 days in a row it is boring. Just cuz ive been riding back there for 5 years.

So i just go back there when i have friends over every other week or so.

05-22-2006, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by MXFourTwoEight
lol, last time I was there I got bored and tried to make that table/then uphil a big double. I almost made it too. I really scrubbed the roller and hit it 4th pinned. I came really close to making it. The track official said If i did it again they wouldn't let me come back, because it was setting a bad example:huh

Thats nuts dude! How many feet would u guess that is?

rmz250
05-22-2006, 07:38 PM
fmx ramp

Hondadudeehhhh
05-22-2006, 07:40 PM
I got bored of riding too, got more interested in trucks so i sold my quad. I still love mx and going to tracks, working on the bikes, & being in the environment. I just dont have the money or time to ride. Just one of those things i outgrew i guess. Maybe ill get another quad next year or something :o

05-22-2006, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Honda MaNiAc 01
Thats nuts dude! How many feet would u guess that is? I don't have any idea. I'd guess about 90 or more judging by the size of the riders compared to the gap in the side view pic. I came really close to making it too, and if theres not track official there next time i'm trying it again.

blake_mx_racer
05-22-2006, 08:16 PM
Switch your track up a bit. Me and my friends have a practice track we made and after we get bored with it we make the jumps bigger or try new stuff and see how it works. Also go ride at a local track every now and then. I race mx about ever other weekend so it doesnt get boring cuz there is competition.

Warnerade
05-22-2006, 08:58 PM
just try pushing yourself and throwing some style into your riding, try some whips...besides the fact of crashing and no one knowing, i love riding by myself to mess around and try new stuff.

JRP
05-23-2006, 04:28 AM
alright ill try that. it just sucks because if i mess up and crash then im screwed, because no one will know. oh well. lmao

05-23-2006, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by MXFourTwoEight
I don't have any idea. I'd guess about 90 or more judging by the size of the riders compared to the gap in the side view pic. I came really close to making it too, and if theres not track official there next time i'm trying it again.

hahah looks like youll be trying it. my dad comes sown a watchs me and my bro ride so hes like hell wioth it ill just be a track official and get a deal off next years membership and hell have no problem with youdoing it as long as your not endangering the life of others. Big ron will also be there as long as your not riding like a goon and endangering opthers they wont have a problem with you.

mx428
05-23-2006, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by Marshmello
hahah looks like youll be trying it. my dad comes sown a watchs me and my bro ride so hes like hell wioth it ill just be a track official and get a deal off next years membership and hell have no problem with youdoing it as long as your not endangering the life of others. Big ron will also be there as long as your not riding like a goon and endangering opthers they wont have a problem with you. Sweet! I think I can borrow a kxf450 next weekend, so i'll hit it if I can get a clear shot at it.