PDA

View Full Version : Who is running a TRX11 pipe?

Coyoteman
05-22-2006, 01:06 PM
Here's the deal.....I went to Little Sahara this weekend with my 265R just to do a little duning with friends. I saw some guys lining up to drag and thought what the heck. To my surprise I was somewhat competitive with the faster 450s and beat a lot of 450Rs and Raptors and several Banshees. I currently run the TRX5 pipe and now that I have the bug I'm thinking of going with a TRX11 pipe. My question is........How much improvement could I expect to get from it AND will I lose all dune-ability? My current set-up is 68.5 mm bore, shaved head, Eric Gore"mo-better" port job, boyeseen rad valve, 38mm air-stryker, ESR airbox eliminator, ESR TRX5 pipe, 110 octane fuel.

zedicus00
05-22-2006, 01:36 PM
for that setup keep the TRX-5. i ran a TRX-11 on a 246cc jug ported by eric gorr for topend and a 39mm carb. it SCREEMED on top but was useless to just play around on. the TRX-11 would not work at all well the the rest of the setup you have i dont think.

novaracr70
05-23-2006, 09:59 AM
well i have a 11 centermount on my stock ported cylinder,(just untill i do the 370) and it made a huge improvement mid and top over the fmf gold that was on my quad . i put it on just becouse i wanted to hear it, and it was like a night and day improvment and was very dune usable. i really expected to loose power. not the case.

Coyoteman
05-23-2006, 01:54 PM
Thanks for the input guys. I would at least like to try one out and see what kind of power difference we're talking about on the top end. I'm even kinda curious what kind of power it would throw down if I switch to methanol/40mm carb and upgraded to a CR ignition. Anyone have a clue on hp #s?.......Come on guys, you don't have to twist my arm to hard, I think I've already talked myself into a duner/dragger:devil: :D

zedicus00
05-23-2006, 02:10 PM
well go for it then they are definatly fun to ride and in dunes itl do great. you might as well have it reported for topend too, that help a lot. i think stock jugs with mad work are good for close to 60 hp, thats peek though, itl be a handfull to ride in the trails

86 Quad R
05-23-2006, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by zedicus00
well go for it then they are definatly fun to ride and in dunes itl do great. you might as well have it reported for topend too, that help a lot. i think stock jugs with mad work are good for close to 60 hp, thats peek though, itl be a handfull to ride in the trails

lol dayum near impossible wiff a top end port.

personally i'd stay with the porting you have now and simply put the 11 pipe on there.

zedicus00
05-23-2006, 02:48 PM
why would you do that? youll be hindering the pipe and carb he plans on putting on.... theres no benefit of half assing sumthing, do it all or dont do it...

just my opinion i guess though.

86 Quad R
05-23-2006, 02:59 PM
simple........ he's already stated that he has "some" port work done to it. he has most of the ingredients going for him -the pipe. sooooo why nawt get the pipe, try it with the stuff he already has and see how he likes it. he can always port full blown later. otherwise if he ports it full blown now and doesnt like it he cant go back. :ermm:

zedicus00
05-23-2006, 03:04 PM
its a lot more work to do it in stages though... pull the topend get it ported then do the pipe an new carb all at once, besides, how could you not like a dune port setup??

C-LEIGH RACING
05-23-2006, 04:03 PM
Simple as taking candy from a baby, all you need to know is the porting numbers that go with those pipes, both of you do have those right.
Heres a clue, you want it to pull down low so anybody can ride it, long skinnie pipes, want it to screem & scare the heck out of somebody & in a worst case throw them off the back, big fat short pipes, this is providing the port numbers match the pipe build.
Neil

Coyoteman
05-24-2006, 07:55 AM
So Neil, are you saying that the setup I'm currently running would not work well at all with a TRX11 pipe, as Zedicus stated earlier?
I'm not at all opposed to sacraficing some play-ability for straight line performance, I just don't have the cash to make it all happen at once.

C-LEIGH RACING
05-24-2006, 12:58 PM
Do you know the porting numbers on that cylinder, I would need to know that to say if it would or not.
Neil

Coyoteman
05-25-2006, 07:27 AM
Neil, I don't have the port numbers.........I called Eric this morning after reading your post and he says he has no idea,,,, that he doesn't keep record of it. Does that sound a little strange to you? He said the only way to get them were to measure it...................Check your PMs

86 Quad R
05-25-2006, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by Coyoteman
I called Eric this morning after reading your post and he says he has no idea,,,, that he doesn't keep record of it.

surely he'd know what his "mo-better" port job numbers are. :huh but, ofcourse very few peeps/porters are in the habit of given out such sacrid info. :eek2: lol

Coyoteman
05-25-2006, 08:22 AM
My thoughts exactly, Randy. We will probably know them soon though..............;)

zedicus00
05-25-2006, 08:36 AM
actually his mo better port job does very little to the port timing. mostly it widens port area and port matches the sleeve, puts edges on all the bridges, textures the intake, polishes the exhaust, things like that...

C-LEIGH RACING
05-25-2006, 08:48 AM
I would think with the "Mo Better" port, it would be something I would remember.
You sure you talked to Eric, I heard sometime back he was moving to europe & closing up shop in the states.
I have a little pocket tablet I write the numbers down in, before & after numbers. First of every year I get a new one, but I dont throw away the old one.

Oh crap I just thought of something, wonder how many would pay to see what somebodys port numbers are, OR how man would pay to not let anybody see them, naw cant do that, its aginst the law, right.
Neil

Coyoteman
05-25-2006, 09:43 AM
When I called this morning, he answered the phone and said "Eric speaking". He just ported this thing no more than 5-6 months ago. :confused: Anyway, you have a PM again............

Coyoteman
05-25-2006, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by zedicus00
actually his mo better port job does very little to the port timing. mostly it widens port area and port matches the sleeve, puts edges on all the bridges, textures the intake, polishes the exhaust, things like that...

Yeah, When I got it back it didn't look like he took out very much material.

250r4life
05-25-2006, 12:31 PM
whats the point in texturing the intake?

novaracr70
05-25-2006, 12:34 PM
keeps fuel from puddling