PDA

View Full Version : CT Racing pipes

Andrew400ex
08-08-2002, 10:12 AM
hey,i was looking at some 400ex pipes and i went to check out the CT racing pipe. if i got a exhaust pipe,i would want the full system,not just the silencer. well i was looking and it said this.....

Four Stroke: CT Sonic four stroke pipes are proving to be the best on the market. CT 400ex was the best Slip on pipe in a recent Dirt Wheels Magazine pipe shoot out. CT does extensive Dyno Testing to make sure we are offering the best pipe or pipe kit available. Many pipes are offered as a kit. We do this because our extensive testing would show a large gain in adding a few components like jetting or a filter change. If there is not a significant increase then we just offer pipe only. Four stroke pipes are ceramic coated, for durability and long lasting good looks.. CT only offers a slip on if this is what works best on a stock unit. If a larger diameter headpipe works better, like on the raptor we do not offer a slip on. You will note the 400EX we offer three pipes. A slip on for a stock unit, a Mid Range for a 34-40 mid range type package and a High Output for 40+ HP units. Bolting a High Output on a mid range package will give less performance than the Mid Range. You might choose a Mid Range for a stock ATV that you intend to do mods in the future. Your power gains will be better than stock but not as good as the correct pipe.

now this was a little unclear to me,but it sounds that if i want to keep my engine stock(i dont plan on boring out the motor or not anytime soon) i would have to get just the slip on. if this is true,would it be all right if i got just the silencer,and then put like a powerbomb header? let me know,thanks.
-andrew

Blake24
08-08-2002, 10:36 AM
There not saying that putting on there header will hurt performance......there saying on a stock motor bike the gains are not significant enough to justify having the header

Master400ex
08-11-2002, 08:36 PM
Sounds about rite to me:D