PDA

View Full Version : contacts anyone?

blakefoote
05-22-2006, 06:47 AM
anyone race and wear contacts? I need some suggestions on keeping them moist and not drying out...mine dry out all the time and i have to slow down on the track to close my eyes and let them get wet again...anyone know how to resolve this???

trick250r
05-22-2006, 07:05 AM
visene (sp?) ??? maybe not... IDK

insaneracin2003
05-22-2006, 09:00 AM
I tried to wear my contacts while racing,didnt work for me.you get a draft that goes directly to your eyes,feels like it anyways.i just use an old pair of glasses while i am riding/racing.

400grl
05-22-2006, 10:02 AM
I have to wear my contacts when I ride, and I found a way to do it without having them dry up on the holeshots, etc.....

First, I wear Oakley O-frames and/or Crowbars.....and they are pretty vented.

It's important to replace your goggles when the foam starts to break down or tear.....usually for me that's about every 3 months.

Second, I tape up my goggles with good 3m electrical tape. I tape up the entire top and side vents - I seal them off. I leave the bottom vents so my goggles don't fog up. The problem we have is.....goggles are made to get air flow into them, to keep them from getting all foggy........but it's usually too much for us who wear contacts. Tape off about 70% of that vented area, and you are good to go.

I redo my tape when it starts to peel off......but if you use 3m, sometimes it lasts for a long time before you have to retape.

Third.....make sure your goggles aren't too tight - make sure they seal well around your face before you start to ride. Too tight, and the edges will pull up and even more air will get in......

Hope this helps!! :)

Hope this helps you all!! :)

insaneracin2003
05-22-2006, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by 400grl
I have to wear my contacts when I ride, and I found a way to do it without having them dry up on the holeshots, etc.....

First, I wear Oakley O-frames and/or Crowbars.....and they are pretty vented.

It's important to replace your goggles when the foam starts to break down or tear.....usually for me that's about every 3 months.

Second, I tape up my goggles with good 3m electrical tape. I tape up the entire top and side vents - I seal them off. I leave the bottom vents so my goggles don't fog up. The problem we have is.....goggles are made to get air flow into them, to keep them from getting all foggy........but it's usually too much for us who wear contacts. Tape off about 70% of that vented area, and you are good to go.

I redo my tape when it starts to peel off......but if you use 3m, sometimes it lasts for a long time before you have to retape.

Third.....make sure your goggles aren't too tight - make sure they seal well around your face before you start to ride. Too tight, and the edges will pull up and even more air will get in......

Hope this helps!! :)

Hope this helps you all!! :)
WOW,i didnt think about that.great info 400grl,thanks a bunch.ill try it.

400grl
05-22-2006, 10:33 AM
I think this will solve your problem - so much better to ride with contacts than with glasses!!! :)

Got nads?
05-22-2006, 10:52 AM
I try to blink alot!

blakefoote
05-23-2006, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by 400grl
I think this will solve your problem - so much better to ride with contacts than with glasses!!! :)

ok im gonna try that...but the day of my race im gonna get some new comtacts and put them the day of or the day before the race...amd im gonna tape the goggles up....sooooo maybe I can have a good ride w/o this happening.....

400grl
05-23-2006, 07:52 PM
Remember to make sure your goggles are seated really well on your face, too - the foam is pressed down well against your face and they aren't too tight, too - this is something I check and double check every time I'm on the gate......you don't want any gaps between the foam and your face that air can get into.....

Let me know how it works out for you! :)

coolex
05-23-2006, 08:46 PM
idk if ud want to or even if they work but scott makes those prescription googles

but i dont know if there something youd want

im just spit balling here

Punk'd
05-23-2006, 08:50 PM
Lift your goggles up and open your eyes real wide while your riding so the wind makes you tear up.. BINGO

DieselBoy
05-24-2006, 12:51 AM
mount a little sprayer inside that works on a timer powered by 2 'AA' batteries that sprays every 50 seconds.