PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin riders....

89'350RX
05-22-2006, 05:05 AM
has anyone been stopped and checked for aftermarket exhaust this year?

Planning on riding BRF/Clark County this weekend and the next and wondered if the DNR was out checking for noise. .

preddymoto
05-22-2006, 09:12 AM
we ride black river all the time. as long as you play it cool around gas stations and bars. where ever people are your good. thats what the warden told us. I'm running a big gun with the quet core and it seems to do good. my buddys all have yosh and fmf and they are the one's that get heckeled. Loud isn't power, polaris is power. later have fun let me know how the trails were.

Neocon
05-27-2006, 04:32 PM
The only place we have been stoped is Monroe area trails. I was stopped once in BRF but it was for reg check

2001-400ex'er
05-30-2006, 06:03 PM
Last summer in Oneida County me and 5 friends got stopped and we all had aftermarket exhausts. Everyone had either a quiet core and/or spark arrestors but the officers were set that we "didnt have spark arrestors", even though we all pointed to them in the exhaust. We ended up getting one ticket to split between us. Even better, one officer thought that since 450r's stock exhausts are chrome, he had an aftermarket system, and almost gave him a ticket, until we pointed out the Honda stamp on it.

preddymoto
05-30-2006, 08:33 PM
the best thing to do with aftermarket exhaust is to carry the paper work. thats what i do. i do that on my sled too. that way you can show them that is comes with an arrestor and quiet core