PDA

View Full Version : Allergies

Joe400ex
05-21-2006, 09:24 PM
I have them so bad. I cant even breath, I hate it.:(

Punk'd
05-21-2006, 09:25 PM
I went riding saturday and they were TERRIBLE.. Also today when I cut the grass I couldnt not sneese for 5 seconds.. :mad:

knighttime
05-21-2006, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Joe400ex
I have them so bad. I cant even breath, I hate it.:(

i still have symptoms, but allergy shots can/will help if you go get tested and then get the shots once a week. its a pain in the ***, but it works real good

Mxjunkie
05-21-2006, 09:59 PM
I've had a runny nose, swore throat, coughing sneezing and itchy eyes since summer started.

Sounds like a comerical for medicine lol

wheeltrax
05-21-2006, 10:00 PM
I have them as well. It sucks this time of year when everything is blooming.

X-HONDARID'R
05-22-2006, 07:25 AM
Ditto......I FEEL your pain. Every year , at least twice a year, I go through this.....I've taken every allergy medicine known to man and still can't breath through my nose!!!!!!!!!!!!!:grr:

ugottabayou
05-22-2006, 07:52 AM
I have them. I have taken the allergy shots, and they helped, but I still get them real bad this time of year. It really sucks when I'm out workin on the farm cause I feel like crap when my allergies kick up.

05-22-2006, 08:25 AM
im lucky i dont have alergys but all my family does

NorCalRacer
05-22-2006, 09:17 AM
I used to get terrible allergies. A cat or some pollen would ruin my day for hours. I tried several prescription and otc medicines and I finally gave up on all the medicines and tried toughing through it. Sure enough after about 6 months the allergies started going away. Now I don't have problems anymore and can even be around cats. I don't know if this works for everyone but I wish I had tried it 10 years earlier.

knighttime
05-22-2006, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by NorCalRacer
I used to get terrible allergies. A cat or some pollen would ruin my day for hours. I tried several prescription and otc medicines and I finally gave up on all the medicines and tried toughing through it. Sure enough after about 6 months the allergies started going away. Now I don't have problems anymore and can even be around cats. I don't know if this works for everyone but I wish I had tried it 10 years earlier.

i highly doubt "toughing it out" did anything. when you are a small child being exposed to allergens can help your immune system, but once you get past 1-2 years old its too late. As someone gets older their body changes. Sometimes someone without allergies will get them and vice-versa. This "tough it out" method is not what helped, but it's good you dont have symptoms anymore.

NorCalRacer
05-22-2006, 09:44 AM
I disagree. Toughing it out is the only thing that worked. When you're on medicine your body doesn't have to do it's job as much. I believe that if I had continued on the medicine my body would have never been forced to adapt. And It is never too late, people's bodies overcome things all the time.

knighttime
05-22-2006, 09:57 AM
I disagree. Toughing it out is the only thing that worked. When you're on medicine your body doesn't have to do it's job as much. I believe that if I had continued on the medicine my body would have never been forced to adapt. And It is never too late, people's bodies overcome things all the time.

well i have been getting shots and been treated by doctors for about 14 years. What you are describing doesnt happen, but if you are feeling better then i say - great.

But stopping medicine for allergy symptoms will not cure allergies. In fact if you have severe allergies, not taking medicine can/will cause medical problems such as bronchitis, nasal polyps, asthma, throat and ear infections, etc.

I know you believe you cured yourself, and if you feel better thats great, but that is not good advice for others.

NorCalRacer
05-22-2006, 10:23 AM
I said I didn't know if it would work for others but to say your body can't adapt is ignorant. It happens all the time. I am sorry if I offended you in some way but you should do some research before making broad comments like that.

knighttime
05-22-2006, 12:05 PM
I said I didn't know if it would work for others but to say your body can't adapt is ignorant. It happens all the time. I am sorry if I offended you in some way but you should do some research before making broad comments like that.

LOL, i laugh at your research comment. Someone who has allergies doesnt have the ability to fight off the allergens. Not taking medicine will not help your body heal itself for allergies. When you have allergies, they inject your body with the same things that you are allergic to so your body is forced to fight it off.

What you are saying has nothing to do with allergies, but if you think you are right, great, but in reality you dont have knowledge of allergies, you think you do, but obviously dont. I do, but that wont matter to you so go ahead and believe what you want.

X-HONDARID'R
05-22-2006, 12:42 PM
Well.......I'm definantly not a 'Guru" on allergies but, as a yearly sufferor of these I think I can weigh in an opinoin on this. I am fairly sure i have tried to conquor allergies with both Medication(Flonase,Allegra,Claritin and Zyrtec) and the Body Adaption thing.
And both had the same result's........Absolutely Nothing!!!!!

I actually take Allegra Daily and still have issue's with Allergies.

I have to agree though, medication does ease the pain some.

While the " Tough It Out" approach only labored on and on and on until either I out lasted the Allergies or the weather got stable again. And I bet it's the later of the two...........

Now, does anyone have any suggestion's on a way to reduce this seasonal menace????

JMO...............X

PismoLocal
05-22-2006, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by knighttime
LOL, i laugh at your research comment. Someone who has allergies doesnt have the ability to fight off the allergens. Not taking medicine will not help your body heal itself for allergies. When you have allergies, they inject your body with the same things that you are allergic to so your body is forced to fight it off.

What you are saying has nothing to do with allergies, but if you think you are right, great, but in reality you dont have knowledge of allergies, you think you do, but obviously dont. I do, but that wont matter to you so go ahead and believe what you want.
It's funny how your telling some one they are uninformed when you in turn have no idea what your talkin about. Allergies is not when your body doesn't have the ability to fight allergens off, it is when your body tries to fight off things that are otherwise harmless.

Allergy is caused by an oversensitive immune system, which leads to a misdirected immune response. The immune system normally protects the body against harmful substances, such as bacteria and viruses. In contrast, an allergic reaction is when the immune system reacts to substances (allergens) that are generally harmless and in most people do not cause an immune response.

In a person with allergies, the first exposure to the allergen triggers the immune system to recognize the substance. Any exposure after that will usually result in symptoms.

When an allergen enters the body of a person with a sensitized immune system, histamine and other chemicals are released by certain cells. This causes itching, swelling, mucus production, muscle spasms, hives, rashes, and other symptoms.

knighttime
05-22-2006, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by PismoLocal
It's funny how your telling some one they are uninformed when you in turn have no idea what your talkin about. Allergies is not when your body doesn't have the ability to fight allergens off, it is when your body tries to fight off things that are otherwise harmless.

Allergy is caused by an oversensitive immune system, which leads to a misdirected immune response. The immune system normally protects the body against harmful substances, such as bacteria and viruses. In contrast, an allergic reaction is when the immune system reacts to substances (allergens) that are generally harmless and in most people do not cause an immune response.

In a person with allergies, the first exposure to the allergen triggers the immune system to recognize the substance. Any exposure after that will usually result in symptoms.

When an allergen enters the body of a person with a sensitized immune system, histamine and other chemicals are released by certain cells. This causes itching, swelling, mucus production, muscle spasms, hives, rashes, and other symptoms.

what you are saying is correct. maybe i didnt put my thought in the right words - im not a doctor, lol.

what you are saying is right, some of the other stuff is bs:huh

knighttime
05-22-2006, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by X-HONDARID'R
Now, does anyone have any suggestion's on a way to reduce this seasonal menace????

JMO...............X

the only thing that will really work is allergy shots. they will take some time to work, but they do work great.

X-HONDARID'R
05-22-2006, 01:19 PM
the only thing that will really work is allergy shots. they will take some time to work, but they do work great.

How often do you take them????

knighttime
05-22-2006, 01:22 PM
How often do you take them????

i try to take them once a week or at least every other week. one shot in each arm. its doesnt really hurt at all, but its just a pain in the *** going to the the doctors office to get it done.

but i will add, the best decision i ever made was to get tested and get started with the shots

X-HONDARID'R
05-22-2006, 01:24 PM
i try to take them once a week or at least every other week. one shot in each arm. its doesnt really hurt at all, but its just a pain in the *** going to the the doctors office to get it done.

hhhhhhhmmmmmmmm........That maybe my only hope??

What got you to getting shot's???? Was it a last resort?

Or did you try everything else and nothing was working?

knighttime
05-22-2006, 01:37 PM
hhhhhhhmmmmmmmm........That maybe my only hope??

What got you to getting shot's???? Was it a last resort?

Or did you try everything else and nothing was working?

all of the above :eek2:

i looked in the phone book under allergies, and called up the number with the biggest add. im sure though all the doctors who are into this are good.

give it a try

X-HONDARID'R
05-22-2006, 01:43 PM
all of the above :eek2:

i looked in the phone book under allergies, and called up the number with the biggest add. im sure though all the doctors who are into this are good.

give it a try

You bet...........Dig your Avatar......Ain't8Great

X

knighttime
05-22-2006, 01:47 PM
You bet...........Dig your Avatar......Ain't8Great

X

o yeah :bandit:

05-22-2006, 03:00 PM
I hate alergies, I have them soooo bad!!