PDA

View Full Version : Paint stripper

Chino886
05-21-2006, 09:07 PM
What do you guys wear on your hands when using paint stripper?

I put on a set of Latex gloves, the kind that doctors use, and I could feel the burn through them.

It was some sort of paint stripper I bought from Wal-mart, "Premium Stripper" or something like that.

stang65pony
05-22-2006, 01:04 AM
paint stripper is some hardcore stuff man, i would try layering the gloves or buying a cheap set that has some sort of guard to them, something thick and non absorbent i mean. whadya strippin?

NPelletier
05-22-2006, 04:15 AM
u can try those thick yellow gloves poeple use while cleaning dishes and stuff, they go up like past ur wrist and like are pretty thick;)

Chino886
05-22-2006, 05:56 AM
Originally posted by stang65pony
paint stripper is some hardcore stuff man, i would try layering the gloves or buying a cheap set that has some sort of guard to them, something thick and non absorbent i mean. whadya strippin?

I bought a bumper that was painted and I just wanted the aluminum bumper, so I stripped it, I think it ties the nerf bars in better that way. I am also going to stip some small items off the motor and polish them up.

bada440ex
05-22-2006, 02:53 PM
welding gloves work

400exyzkiller
05-22-2006, 10:25 PM
the best stuff to use is aircraft paint stirpper it comes in a spray can u spary it on and let it sit and you can spray it off with a water hose or wipe it off with a towel

Sonic400ex
05-24-2006, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by 400exyzkiller
the best stuff to use is aircraft paint stirpper it comes in a spray can u spary it on and let it sit and you can spray it off with a water hose or wipe it off with a towel

I second that! I stripped 2 layers of paint off the entire frame in no time flat w/ that stuff. Use the thick yellow rubber gloves or go to the paint store. they usually have all types of disposable gloves for that type of thing. If you are using Airplane stripper or any spray-can stripper product for that matter, outdoors, don't let the wind get a hold of it! You'll be in a world of hurt for sure!!!

theTman
05-24-2006, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Chino886
I bought a bumper that was painted and I just wanted the aluminum bumper, so I stripped it, I think it ties the nerf bars in better that way. I am also going to stip some small items off the motor and polish them up.

:macho how did that bumper work out for ya?

MXracer16
05-24-2006, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by bada440ex
welding gloves work

No they don't, the leather will absorb the paint stripper and get into your hands. Get your facts straight before you go spouting stuff off.

Chino886
05-25-2006, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by theTman
:macho how did that bumper work out for ya?

It worked out good, I decided against painting it again, but I got all the paint off.

Thanks again.