PDA

View Full Version : black plastic, idea to keep scratches off

maxamillion
05-21-2006, 08:30 PM
I like the look of black plastic, but I am also aware of how bad they show scratches. Has anyone ever put any type of thick clear sheets of stickers (almost like graphics, but just clear) over the black plastic when its new to prevent it from being scratched? My cousin could make me some clear sheets like this, then I would just cut them to fit the fenders. How do you guys think it would hold up? Would it look strange?

Chino886
05-21-2006, 08:49 PM
clear contact paper? I think it would hold up well

tim colston
05-22-2006, 06:33 AM
this is what I was thinking of getting if I ever need new plastics.

http://www.clear-guard.com/

04TRX400EX
05-22-2006, 11:45 AM
I think that Clear Guard stuff would work pretty well. It would be kind of a pain in the butt to cut to fit, but I think it would protect the plastic from scratches and all that. I am familiar with the 3M and Armor Shield products for cars, and they work great, so yeah, go for it :macho

Other option: DON'T buy black plastics :D

maxamillion
05-22-2006, 01:13 PM
That clear-guard stuff is exactly like what I was talking about. Thanks for the link. Im not sure if its worth $100 though because it doesnt even cover the side panels. I like red plastic but when it fades it almost looks pink. Im not buying plastic yet so I go awhile to think about it.

maxamillion
05-22-2006, 03:17 PM
I just realized they have sheet made for the side panels too. I will deffinately consider these next time I buy plastic. It's spendy but I bet the plastic would last twice as long.

supafasst426ex
05-23-2006, 02:29 PM
yea i was wondering the same thing cauz i have black plastics on my 400ex and my boots are scratching the rear plastics real bad and i dont want it to get worse.
i was wondering if there is anything else like that clear stuff you could use instead of paying like $100 for it.

Chino886
05-23-2006, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Chino886
clear contact paper? I think it would hold up well

:macho :macho :macho :macho :macho :macho :macho :macho :macho :macho :macho :macho :macho :macho :macho :macho :macho