PDA

View Full Version : Differences In between XP Pro and Media Center

ShiftFMX
05-21-2006, 08:29 PM
Whats the big differences?? Does Media center at least have word? Which one do you like?

Scottt89
05-21-2006, 09:55 PM
The main difference is that XP Media, has all the Microsoft Video and Audio programs. Pro just doesn't have all that extra stuff.

To answer your question about Microsoft Word-Probably not, unless its a trial version. Most of the time you will need to buy Microsoft Office.

ShiftFMX
05-22-2006, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Scottt89
The main difference is that XP Media, has all the Microsoft Video and Audio programs. Pro just doesn't have all that extra stuff.

To answer your question about Microsoft Word-Probably not, unless its a trial version. Most of the time you will need to buy Microsoft Office.

alright cool, I have office on a cd somewhere

JLanphear
05-22-2006, 09:15 AM
From what I understand Media Center is kind of an updated version of XP Home. I have only used it once, but didn't check out any of the updated "media" features. Don't imagine it's anything critical.

Word and those type of programs are not part of Windows, whether you get Pro, Home, Media Center, it doesn't matter.

-Josh

05-22-2006, 02:34 PM
i cant find out anything about this crap. im trying to hook my xbox 360 up to my laptop but Icant find out how to get them to work. I have xp pro but do i need media center?

JLanphear
05-22-2006, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
i cant find out anything about this crap. im trying to hook my xbox 360 up to my laptop but Icant find out how to get them to work. I have xp pro but do i need media center?

You mean to have the video displayed on your screen? You have to have a "video-in" port. Most have a video out...few have a video in.

05-22-2006, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by JLanphear
You mean to have the video displayed on your screen? You have to have a "video-in" port. Most have a video out...few have a video in. no theres some way to sync them up and pull all the media off my laptop and play it on my xbox360 like movies and stuff but i cant figure it out