PDA

View Full Version : G Force axles

motomanmike
05-21-2006, 08:17 PM
I bought a yfz 450 about six months ago, since then i've purchased elka elite long travels, plus two and a half burgard a arms and the link for the rear long travel along with a G force axle. I've only had about two good days of riding on the track and today the g force bent on this jump about 40 feet. Another guy i know broke a g force right off on the same jump about three weeks ago but his was on a honda 450r.(they won't honor is warrenty either) am i a sucker for a cheap part? You really get what you pay for i see. Also what is better the RPM dominator axles or the xcaliber lonestars because i'll not ever buy another g force i'm insecure about it now and coming down from 20+ feet in the air you can't be insecure about your components.

TheFontMaster
05-21-2006, 08:55 PM
I usualy hear good things about the G-force axles. You should deffinatly keep calling, and emailing them to get your money back, or atleast a new axle. As for the excaliber, or dominator axles, I my oppinion they are about the same quality, maybe leaning to the dominator for being a little stronger. But I would go with the excaliber, I'm just a fan of LSR's products. Ether way you go they are the 2 best axles out there, and they stand behind thier warrenty.

cals400ex
05-21-2006, 08:59 PM
i would try to get the warrenty work. i have not had any problems with my g-force. however, i am probably easier on mine than most people are. if i was into huge jumping i would not get anything besides a RPM probably.

Over-land 450r
05-21-2006, 09:36 PM
i dont find that all true. i beat the crap out of mine and bent it2 times. 1 time i hit a tree. not the axles fault and landed 15ft half on and half off the landing. Both times they replaced it no questions asked. they stand behind there stuff. i dont no wat happened to u but..

at the national at budds creek a couple of pros broke there axle on the up hill doub. they werent G force but other stuff breaks TOo.

try talking to them nicely and see wat happens

coryatver
05-21-2006, 09:57 PM
Try to see if they will warrentee it tell them you just got it. Also why were you hitting the jump if someone already bent there axle on it :huh The landing must not be good.

MR.BIG
05-22-2006, 07:11 AM
Lonestar all the way!

motomanmike
05-22-2006, 10:22 AM
I called rocky mountain today and they just said send it back no questions asked. Sweet. As far as the question as to why did i hit a jump that someone broke one on, well you cant win races if you punk out on jumps when you got someone on your tail or if everyone else is hitting them to make up time. The epuipment just has to work. I'll give it a shot again when i get it back if it bends or breaks i'm switching it out to a higher end unit.:D

roperr
05-23-2006, 09:43 AM
WARRANTY. Would you guys please learn to spell, or at least be consistant!

motomanmike
05-24-2006, 04:44 AM
Why the negativity PTILLMAN? People come to this site to get answers about products or problems with quads. This isn't the place, if you want to get frustrated with people over some spelling, go to another site where people care about things as such.

Everyone else who replied i appreciate your input

Flynbryan19
05-24-2006, 05:05 AM
I'd still go to a higher quality axle. If it bent once its going to bend again....... G-Forces are cheap for a reason. RPM is what I'd recommend, but good luck and I hope you don't get hurt.

rooster300ex
05-24-2006, 11:35 AM
I agree that lonestar,rpm axles are higher quality then g-force, but then again i seen one person say that all of them have broke before. even the top notch makers. And like your saying i would try it again, and if it fails you again switch to a different brand.

Ex'r Marlin
05-24-2006, 10:05 PM
Well, if you are able to get a replacement G-Force axle, I would try them out again.

If the replacement one fails on you... I would highly recommend you trying another make. The frustration of breaking while racing is bad enough... But taking my personal time to replace an axle that will possibly keep failing is not going to sit well for me.

Good luck... And good luck racing!:macho

Aceman
05-25-2006, 10:03 PM
RPM Dominator.....It is an axle comparable to LSR but with a better warranty. I've heard RPM will replace your bent/broken axle, no matter how many times you damage it. But LSR will only replace the first one, after that you're on your own. Worth checking into at least.

more tea vicar
05-29-2006, 10:02 AM
I have a G-Force axle on my YFZ and the axle has been ok, but the lock nut that comes with axle failed after three races. It is a bad design, the aluminum part to the lock nut caved in from side pressure. I spoke to rocky Mt and they said the nut was not under Warranty and on back-order until july!. I had to have a part made up by a local fabrication shop to get it sorted. I Was left with little choice because no other lock nut will fit. I wish now i had spent the extra $100 on a LSR.

toomeyshee87
05-31-2006, 09:31 AM
all axles bend.. i bent my brand new lsr the first day i had it... but they straightened it for me no questions asked so i was happy