PDA

View Full Version : Bazooka tube?

TRX_450
05-21-2006, 08:06 PM
im lookin for a sub or two for my truck and ive seen these b4 but dont know alot about em...anybody have one? what do you think of them? and which size is the best?

fast_enough
05-21-2006, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by TRX_450
im lookin for a sub or two for my truck and ive seen these b4 but dont know alot about em...anybody have one? what do you think of them? and which size is the best?

If your gonna put it in the s-10, then just get an 8 it will hit pretty hard in the small cab. You can get one for about a $100 bill

nozerider
05-21-2006, 09:17 PM
Bazookas are pieces of crap, trust me, I'm a car audio installer.

You're better off buying a 8 or 10" an putting it in a custom sealed enclosure.

TRX_450
05-22-2006, 02:27 PM
ok so im ruling the bazooka tube out... im gonna go with either one or 2 12's and ive got it narrowed down to sony xplod, rockford fosgate punch, or the pioneers...which are better?

quadrcr161
05-22-2006, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by nozerider

i agree with them, also look for a better brand. one of my friends was part of team xplode, (red eclipse) and the sony stuff sounds great, but of course it was designed and installed by a pro so it was going to sounds good, but personally i would run a different brand.
i also would stay with a 8 or 10, the 12's will take up a lot of space.

QuadManKev
05-22-2006, 04:05 PM
not to jack this thread but what is a good sub for great 'punch'. i dont like the way a lot of subs sound, im looking for more of a 'punch' then a long blast of crappy sounding air and lots of car vibrating. hopefully this makes some sense?

wilkin250r
05-22-2006, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by nozerider

Give me more info.

I'm thinking about getting an 8-inch powered sub. I was looking at the Bazooka because it will fit behind my seat in my single-cab F-150. Most of the prefab boxes I saw were too large at the top to fit.

I was thinking the higher-end, the 250W. They make a cheaper 100W, but I want a little more power than that.

wilkin250r
05-22-2006, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by QuadManKev
not to jack this thread but what is a good sub for great 'punch'. i dont like the way a lot of subs sound, im looking for more of a 'punch' then a long blast of crappy sounding air and lots of car vibrating. hopefully this makes some sense?

It's not so much the sub as it is the enclosure. A sealed box gives much tighter bass than a ported or bandpass enclosure. However, they are also less efficient, so you'll need more power to get it as loud as other enclosures.

TheFontMaster
05-22-2006, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by QuadManKev

If you want alot of "punch" as you put it 2, 12's would be what you want. If you go with 8's or 10's, I would get 3 of each. With the 3 subs even though there is more of them you won't get as much thump, but the sound quality will be better.

WhiteYFZ
05-22-2006, 09:02 PM
i really like kicker and jl myself..:cool:

Warnerade
05-22-2006, 09:09 PM
i got a 10" kicker CVR in a sealed box that will fit behind a seat in any small cabbed truck..i had it in a single cab dodge dakota for a while, sounds nice...no problems at all..hits pretty hard in a small cab.

macs03gt
05-22-2006, 10:30 PM
I have 2 MTX 10's in my single cab Sonoma and it hits pretty nice. My friend custom made the box and it sounds nice. I would also suggest a nice head unit to make it really thump

Stevie-D
05-23-2006, 03:40 AM
ive got a 10'' kicker comp behind my seat in a vented box. i play mostly metal and some country, so i dont want too much "boom" it sounds really good. its loud, but i can still hear the highs and lows really good.

vpofthedrc
05-23-2006, 08:56 AM
Check out elemental design.

Tom TRX250R
05-23-2006, 11:07 AM
Two words-- JL Stealthbox

aviator4
05-23-2006, 11:24 AM
Okay.. I'm no car stereo expert, but I've had a little bazooka.. it didn't sound bad. If you're not looking to win any competitions and just need something to suppliment your car stereo, I'd say go ahead and get the tube. I ran a 6" version for about 4 years.

Yeah, they're not competition quality, but they're built well. I've had mine in three different trucks now. Nissan Frontier Crew Cab, Avalanche and then a Silverado 2500 crew. It finally gave up the ghost. BUT for $60, it was worth it. Plus it was easy to remove when I needed the space for something else or needed to drop the midgate on the Av.

I didn't get the powered version. I was running it off an older Kenwood KLA-600 (or klh, or something). At least I think thats the model number. I was running it in bridge mode. It was too much amp for that little 'ol sub, so it was turned ALL THE WAY down... which let the amp run cooler.

I'm not saying this is the shiznit, but it worked, sounded good, was cheap and was surprisingly loud.

It was reaplaced with a cheap-o Pioneer 10" sub in a custom box - just one because thats all the airpace I had behind the crew seat. Still not competition quality, but lets me rock out plently loud without disturbing the car next to me. Frankly, cars that go "boom" are soooo highschool - I've grown up since then. Been there, done that. - So, I'm running the stock head unit, stock speakers and my little 10" sub with that same amp. I have yet to find a head unit that that at least KIND OF appears fairly stock.. glitsy lcd screens, goofy animations and cheesy "slide out" faces just don't do it for me, plus they look like they'd be fragile, and this is a TRUCK... there's nothing fragile about it. - but thats my opinion.. so flame on!

Rootar
05-23-2006, 02:10 PM
aviator4 you got a point

i have pioneer radio instead of the stock and its 50x4 and i have 4 poineer speakers in the stock locations with the built in tweeters they were 200 for all 4 speakers from crutchfield its clear sounding and good quality and so much better than alot of more expensive systems my friends have

save your money and get a mp3 hook so you can use the jumpdrives and jsut have all the music you want wiht no cds

insaneracin2003
05-23-2006, 02:28 PM
i have a 2000 gmc sierra reg cab,i had 2 jl audio 10 in a sealed box that was professionally installed that sounded good.then my amp went out and i bought a 10" powered bazooka and i have never had a problem with it and it souds better than the 2 jl audio's.but i did have the WO 10's not the W3 or W6.my Bazooka sounds great. everyone is entitled to ther own oppinion. but for the money,i personally like the Bazooka