PDA

View Full Version : oil leaking out of weep hole i side of cylinder head

rustee
05-21-2006, 07:17 PM
hello all has anyone come across oil leaking out of the weep hole in the right side of the head? i replaced the new seals in the cylinder cover the big one for the spark plug tube and the 3 littler ones. can the spark plug tube be leaking oil from the bottom and does that tube come out of the head . perhaps i just need to reseal it and put it back in the head. please let me know any info greatly appreciated. it is only leaking like a tea spoon evry hour or so but very annoying seeing oil run down side of cyl. thanks rustee..........

watts16
05-21-2006, 07:18 PM
I think it means you have to much oil. I may not be correct though.

Doak450r
05-21-2006, 07:31 PM
same things going on with mine i took it apart to check it and im missing the seal that goes around the sparkplug well but you said you changed that so im not really sure what ould be wrong with yours

rustee
05-21-2006, 08:03 PM
i dont think i have to much oil but now i am wondering. the right side cover access screw removed is just barley leaking oil when removed. the left thoug is a problem for me we use a electric start kit that has there own cover and it is hard to tell were the oil level is. i dont have a manual how much oil should be in the left side cover about a qt ? thanks for the quick replys guys. this is a 450r hybrid i did on a 400 ex frame it does have a little larger oil capacity than a stk 450r. rustee..................

cals400ex
05-21-2006, 09:08 PM
you need to check the rubber seal at the top of the spark plug hole. clean it, make sure it is in good shape, and make sure it is fitting snug like it should.

rustee
05-21-2006, 09:19 PM
thanks cals400ex i have all new seals the plug one does feel snug when sliped over the tube. i dont really see any oil going down the inside of the tube. that is why i am beginning to think it is comming from the bottom. with the rocker cover off there is a little pool of oil in front of the tube. i cleaned the inside of the tube very well with brake kleener and it was definatly very dry afterward. with the plug in of corse!. not sure where to go at this time. thanks for the reply!! rustee.....