PDA

View Full Version : Nerf bar safety

Veteran
05-21-2006, 06:02 PM
For 400 EX only -

Is there enough room between the inboard side of the heel guard of your nerf bar and any part of the ATV for your boot heel to protrude beyond the netting?

I shouldn't have to say this, but DON'T try to find out while you are riding!

Please let me know yes or no, the year of your EX and the manufacturer of your nerf bar.

Thanks,
the Vet

EXevan91
05-22-2006, 10:12 AM
bump

iam in the market for nerf bars to and wondering what is the most durable.

Chino886
05-22-2006, 10:16 AM
With stock rear plastic and the AC pro pegs with heel guards, I don't think my boot will fit through, here is a pic of my nerfs/heel guards and I even trimmed the plastics up a little.

underpowered
05-22-2006, 10:18 AM
my Magnum pro pegs are pretty durable. they took teh full force of a t-bone colision with anonther quad. they got bent but not that bad, considering it broke the other guys spindle, tie rod, brake rotor, and bent the caliper mount.

as for the heel gaurd and boots. my heels rest on the heel gaurd bar on mine, my size 12 boots dont go past the rear part of the bar. they are Magnum Pro Peg nerfs on a 2000 400ex.

if you look, you can see it is bent formt eh crash. and you can also see how my boot sits on it. i usually ride in A-star tech sixes BTW, my work boots are just there because i had not really planned on riding.

mitchamus
05-22-2006, 10:25 AM
04' 400ex pro armor nerf with hell guards. Pro Armor is good stuff.
http://i3.tinypic.com/w6wq4y.jpg