PDA

View Full Version : wicked 300R

hard one
05-21-2006, 04:41 PM
I have completed my 300 ex in to a race quad with a plush six widening kit from DJC,s and dvx 400 front shocks. it went from having 6.7 inches of travel to just over 9 inches of travel.I am glad now that i cut my fenders or the tires would be rubbing threw them.

Other Mods: whitebros complete exhaust,shreaders,emgo bars,jetted out,higher gears,rocky nerfs,asv clucth,baja skid,pro hand gauards.
will have p[ictures up soon.
(wider than a 450r, more travel than a 400ex)

baddest XC 300R!

ltzblaster
05-26-2006, 04:33 PM
pics?

hard one
05-29-2006, 08:35 PM
here it is

ryanh250ex
05-30-2006, 11:24 AM
how does it handle with the widening kit? can you take on bigger jumps? does it ride better?

ZSK
05-30-2006, 02:29 PM
How is it a 300R? I see a 300ex with an unsafe widening kit on it.:confused:

YFZ450Ridr
05-30-2006, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by ZSK

ryanh250ex
05-30-2006, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by ZSK

by all means, i'd love to hear your first hand knowledge of this kit. :rolleyes:

this fella isn't the first person to use it. did you know that this "unsafe" kit is made from 1/4" metal?

the company has a 99.8% postive rating on Ebay, i dont know about you but that sounds pretty good to me.

hard one
05-30-2006, 04:36 PM
I took it to st.joe state park and hit some big jumps punished it for 6 hrs and not one bolt can loose.

took a while to get the tie rods adjusted with the extensions but it works awsome.

i took it to my friends house and hit a 30ft double at 10ft high no problem.

it cant turn as sharp so i just steer with the rear.

it isnt 1/4 thick you numb nut, it would brake!

with the dvx shocks it soaks every thing up and the bars dont vibrate any more but it dose like to catch the top of berms.

ZSK
05-30-2006, 05:15 PM
It's unsafe do to the added leverage to the mounting holes. I doubt the brackets themselves would bend or break and I highly doubt that the bolts would come loose. You simply moved the pivot points for the A's and shocks out farther. You'll rip the holes of the frame itself fairly quickly. By moving the mounts for the A's out farther, you've hurting the steering capabilities quite substaintially. You're creating a lever against the mounting holes. The performance gains come from the shocks themselves. Have you checked to make sure the frame won't hit the ground before the shocks bottom out? Or that the shock will bottom before the ball joints bind and snap?

30ft doubles 10ft high are not big jumps to me especially for a "300R." We see larger jumps in our XC races. Why would you be willing to give up your turning radius especially if you built the "baddest XC 300R!" See below for the baddest XC 300R. Have you ever looked at a Laeger narrow frame mx quad? The frame between mounting points is only about an inch. You've done the opposite and created an extremely wide frame, the same width but with small A's.

ZSK
05-30-2006, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by ryanh250ex
by all means, i'd love to hear your first hand knowledge of this kit. :rolleyes:

this fella isn't the first person to use it. did you know that this "unsafe" kit is made from 1/4" metal?

the company has a 99.8% postive rating on Ebay, i dont know about you but that sounds pretty good to me.

It could be made from 1/2" metal, this metal you call it is mild steel, and I still wouldn't mount it on any quad, be it mine or a total stranger.

Because the company has a 99.8% positive rating on Ebay mean absolutly NOTHING. Do you understand the ratings on Ebay? They are very good at conducting buisness. People pay and they ship the items out. There is no connection between the rating and the quality or lack of quality of their product. I have 100% ebay rating and could design a kit and start selling it. Would that mean it would function better, absolutely not.

What ever happened to actually buying quality components designed to work with your ATV? :rolleyes: Lonestar, Burgard, ASR, Laeger, they all make A's for the 300ex.

At the very least I would cheap the upper shock brackets and put 400ex A's and tie rods on, still not a good idea but at least the suspension will function better than what is pictured.

hard one
05-30-2006, 06:42 PM
your comparing a 250r wich is decent to a 300 in a completly deferent class.
the front end is streched out but ripping the bolt holes out is funny! hahahaha.
i have a 1987 suzuki 250r and a rm 125 now if you think your 250r is bad these bikes are awsome with tons of mods i just thought it would be fun to take a smaller quad and put it in the 400 class and beat alote of people.

all of the xc races i have done havent had doubles some table tops but mostly woods and water crossings.
a 30ft table top isnt the biggest jump at 10ft high, i save the bigger jumps for my other bikes.

but for a 300 with mods it isnt to bad.

thanks for your 2 cents!

ryanh250ex
05-30-2006, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by ZSK
It's unsafe do to the added leverage to the mounting holes. I doubt the brackets themselves would bend or break and I highly doubt that the bolts would come loose. You simply moved the pivot points for the A's and shocks out farther. You'll rip the holes of the frame itself fairly quickly. By moving the mounts for the A's out farther, you've hurting the steering capabilities quite substaintially. You're creating a lever against the mounting holes. The performance gains come from the shocks themselves. Have you checked to make sure the frame won't hit the ground before the shocks bottom out? Or that the shock will bottom before the ball joints bind and snap?

Hmm, interesting.

Let me ask you this. suppose you had to make do with said "unsafe" widening kit. what would you do to keep it from tweaking or damaging the frame? weld and guesset the brackets to the frame?

also, how is it that the kit would increase turning radius?

ridered11
05-30-2006, 07:45 PM
^kid, hush you lose

ZSK
05-30-2006, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by hard one
your comparing a 250r wich is decent to a 300 in a completly deferent class.
the front end is streched out but ripping the bolt holes out is funny! hahahaha.
i have a 1987 suzuki 250r and a rm 125 now if you think your 250r is bad these bikes are awsome with tons of mods i just thought it would be fun to take a smaller quad and put it in the 400 class and beat alote of people.

all of the xc races i have done havent had doubles some table tops but mostly woods and water crossings.
a 30ft table top isnt the biggest jump at 10ft high, i save the bigger jumps for my other bikes.

but for a 300 with mods it isnt to bad.

thanks for your 2 cents!

By your own designation you're calling it an R. A 300ex is nothing compared to a 250R. Why would you think that's my R? It's one that Bill Balance raced, LRD Framed 300 powervalved motor. Unless there's a lot more motor work done than you listed, you haven't put into a 400 class at all.

You're basically taking a lever that's about 3 times as thick as your frame and attatching with a bolt that the shear strength exceeds the stregth of the frame. You won't snap bolts, it won't loosen them, you won't break the welds on the mounts, you'll rip the holes origional designed to be A-arm mounting points.

It doesn't matter if I was flat tracking, or ice racing, I still wouldn't mount that to my frame.

ZSK
05-30-2006, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by ryanh250ex
Hmm, interesting.

Let me ask you this. suppose you had to make do with said "unsafe" widening kit. what would you do to keep it from tweaking or damaging the frame? weld and guesset the brackets to the frame?

also, how is it that the kit would increase turning radius?

To keep it from tweaking or damaging the frame I wouldn't mount it. Find a pair of used works shocks and mount them up. They can be found for about the same cost of the widening kit.

ryanh250ex
05-30-2006, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by ridered11
^kid, hush you lose

perhaps i was asking him out of curiosity since he seems to actually know something about suspension :rolleyes:

YFZ450Ridr
05-30-2006, 10:36 PM
I took it to st.joe state park and hit some big jumps punished it for 6 hrs and not one bolt can loose.

took a while to get the tie rods adjusted with the extensions but it works awsome.

i took it to my friends house and hit a 30ft double at 10ft high no problem.

it cant turn as sharp so i just steer with the rear.

it isnt 1/4 thick you numb nut, it would brake!

with the dvx shocks it soaks every thing up and the bars dont vibrate any more but it dose like to catch the top of berms.

ive probablly seen you at st joe being as i go there all the time. their arent any ''big'' jumps thier besides jumping sand berms. not sure what you would be punishing it on. and you must not be jumping very high because dvx shocks bottom out VERY easy and are horrible for jumps. catching the top of berms is rider error not anything to do with the kit. face it, your full of it and you know it, stop trying to act like you know everything. i see more action in 30 mins of racing harescrambles than you do in a day of riding at st joe. ZSK has you beat too..

Honda TRX250ex
05-31-2006, 02:50 PM
Ok first off im pissed off. When i read "wicked 300r i though i was going to see a 250r! Now that front end converson red neck crap is NOT good for jumping as other people said. nor is it good for anything else besides putting stress on your front end. Your 300ex is not an 300r. No matter what you do it will always be a ex.

hard one
05-31-2006, 04:31 PM
the front end is wider than most of the berms so in fact the out side tire hangs over the berms especialy in the woods.(since you ride there so much?). now i am really pissed off:mad:

the dvx shocks dont compress completely and are any thing but sucky.9.3 inchs of travel

abusing the shocks at st.joe is hitting the deep woops in the back in 5th gear.GO in the back of the park i built a 3ft high jump at a top of a hill a was landing at the bottom on my (300R) and 250r.

there was a guy how had a stock 300 trying to keep up and he couldnt compare to power or handling.
300ex shocks or breeze shocks suck not dvx.

the engine mods i have make up most of the quad and the gearing.

it can line with a z 400 and beat most stock 400ex's
it is very fast of the line,and has a very wide power to gear ratio.
it dosent have any emissions crap on it.
it turns about the same not better or wore it is just easyer to power slide and hit whoops with out feeling tippy or unpredictable.
they are welded on.

hard one
05-31-2006, 04:46 PM
here is another view

Mx_523
05-31-2006, 05:20 PM
Why do you call it a 300r?

Honda TRX250ex
05-31-2006, 05:24 PM
Well, it looks stock to me except the ebay thinger pipe and shocks.

hard one
05-31-2006, 06:52 PM
the pipe is new only shocks are off ebay.

like saying it looks stock is like looking at 1979 455 with four on the floor and saying it looks slow,
looks are not every thing
but power is.

white bros exhaust
asv clutch lever
white bros performance kit
jet kit
renthal gears and sprockets
shreadars 20'
rockymountain nerfs
emgo alloy bars
djc +6 kit
dvx shocks
powermadd hand guards
baja skid
and many more mods
no egr

big_saxy
05-31-2006, 07:01 PM
the pipe is new only shocks are off ebay.

like saying it looks stock is like looking at 1979 455 with four on the floor and saying it looks slow,
looks are not every thing
but power is.

white bros exhaust
asv clutch lever
white bros performance kit
jet kit
renthal gears and sprockets
shreadars 20'
rockymountain nerfs
emgo alloy bars
djc +6 kit
dvx shocks
powermadd hand guards
baja skid
and many more mods
no egr

Didn't know quads came with "egr" valves.......maybe i should take mine off!!! :p

hard one
05-31-2006, 07:07 PM
its not a typical valve like you find under your chitty 4 banger, but it is white and basicly takes unburnt gases and crank case gases and put them back into your air boot it really helps i dodnt have to choke to start and it dosent stuter like it dose stock at 1/4 throttle.
just use gas lines from your local auto parts store and run then with your over flow line behind the engine.

big_saxy
05-31-2006, 07:12 PM
I dunno.......maybe honda 300r's have that, but my 98 300ex doesn't have any white box under the seat. i've got an air box, and a fuse or two and a carb....but no white box

hard one
05-31-2006, 07:22 PM
every ex and 250x since 1987 are the same except250x with a kick start instead

i never said it was a box if you would have learned to read in school, you wouldnt of typed that.
how hard is it to type if you cant read?
it is white L shaped and comes out of the air boot thats the thing that connects to your air filter and runs to the back of crank and valve cover.

big_saxy
05-31-2006, 07:32 PM
Haha, questioning my reading ability. That's laughable since obviously you have no idea what an "EGR" actually is. So let me enlighten you. EGR stands for "exhaust gas return." What an egr does in your car is takes exhaust from your exhaust manifold and directs it back into your vehicle's intake. This helps your car achieve better millage. It usually only happens at higher speeds and higher rpm's. That's why when your egr in your car sticks open, it runs like crap because it leans your air fuel mixture way out. Now since what you're taking about has NOTHING to do with exhaust, it can not be called an "egr." My 300ex does not have what you are talking about, but i believe some later model ones do have that, like 2000 and above.

hard one
05-31-2006, 07:40 PM
good for you most people have never heard of it but in fact it is returning burnt gas wich is exhaust threw the head that didnt get out be for the valve closes.

did you goooogle egr?

took mine off my t/a ran awsome put it on ran like crap
the key is to get cool clean air in so it can properly atomize to create a perfect scenario for combustion. If you are putting already burnt gas in to it wont it make you get better gas millage the only way is to get more air to fuel or trick the computer into thinking it is getting more air to stay open longer.(or hotter longer spark).

big_saxy
05-31-2006, 07:46 PM
um what? :confused:
Well i guess there's no arguing with your logic mr. mechanic. Maybe I need to come to your house so you can teach me how to work on this fancy metal contraptions that go "vroom vroom" :chinese:

Mx_523
05-31-2006, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Mx_523
Why do you call it a 300r?