PDA

View Full Version : how do i adjust the rear shock on my 400ex?

400exbat
08-07-2002, 09:17 PM
I think I need to adjust my rear shock. I was at Sand Lake this weekend riding over some real washboard stuff and my @$$ end was getting bucked all over the place. I know a real large dude owned the bike before me and had the suspension set up for him. How do I adjust the rear shock? Do I need a special tool or what? I can't seem to figure it out. thanks in advance!

optikid123
08-07-2002, 09:57 PM
a screwdriver is all you need on the top of the shock is the comp adj and the rebound is on the bottom it sounds like u need to turn down you rebound a few clicks

stocktires
08-07-2002, 11:32 PM
just like optikid123 said, turn down the reboub a bit.

Look in your manual for adjusting the shock, its shows you everything you need to know.

Compression = bottoming resistance
Rebound = stiffness and the rate of which the shock rebound's to its original state

racer_ex55
08-08-2002, 11:48 AM
compression is the speed that the shock travels down and rebound is the speed that it travels up. You should try backing off the preload a little bit and maybe turn the compression down a few clicks. Slowing the rebound will actually make your suspension stiffer and easier to pack up which was probably why you were bouncing around. Try a little bit more rebound with less compression. That might help.

airheadedduner
08-08-2002, 01:49 PM
Your shock is rebounding to quick, you need to turn it a few clicks toward hard, it will make a big difference.