PDA

View Full Version : which a filter

jeremy_283
05-20-2006, 07:20 PM
i cant frekin deside to get uni air filter or that pro design one with the billet adapter for my 400ex which shuld i get?

05-21-2006, 09:21 PM
forget the uni and the pro design filters their piece of craps, pay a lilttle more and get a K&N their much better

ryanh250ex
05-22-2006, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Jason#19
forget the uni and the pro design filters their piece of craps, pay a lilttle more and get a K&N their much better

your reasoning is oozing with rational thought. :rolleyes:

what kind of terrain do you ride? i ride in dusty and wooded trails. I run UNIs in all of my rigs, even my Jeep Grand Cherokee which also sees some time on the trails.

UNI has fantastic service- i emailed them regarding a question i had regarding the large cone i bought for my jeep and they got back to me the very next day. When i bought that same filter, they had also called to verify some information i had listed and changed my shipping method so that i got my filter faster and paid less shipping charges.

I've run in some pretty crazy terrain and these filters have never left me down. i wont run anything else.

Bill Fuller
05-22-2006, 04:42 AM
Uni makes a great filter.I have ran Uni on all my quads.I wouldn't put a K&N on my lawnmower.More air=more dust.

jeremy_283
05-22-2006, 05:59 AM
I HAVE A K&N RIGHT NOW AND ITS A POS ......... LEAVE THOSE THINGS TO THE DUNES AND CARS CUZ I AINT PUTTIN ONE ON A SINGLE MACHINE THAT IS EVER GUNNA BE IN DUSTY CONDITIONS CUZ I WANT MY MOTOR VEHICLES TO WORK

Chino886
05-22-2006, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by extremejrowe
I HAVE A K&N RIGHT NOW AND ITS A POS ......... LEAVE THOSE THINGS TO THE DUNES AND CARS CUZ I AINT PUTTIN ONE ON A SINGLE MACHINE THAT IS EVER GUNNA BE IN DUSTY CONDITIONS CUZ I WANT MY MOTOR VEHICLES TO WORK

I've used the K & N and the UNI, with proper maintenance both work well. I use K & Ns and I ride MX and I have never had any dust on the intake boot. I also change filters after each ride or race. Proper maintenance is what makes a filter work, other wise, why use one......;), same principle as changing oil, PROPER MAINTENANCE goes a long way!

ohsobad_chevy
05-22-2006, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by Chino886
I've used the K & N and the UNI, with proper maintenance both work well. I use K & Ns and I ride MX and I have never had any dust on the intake boot. I also change filters after each ride or race. Proper maintenance is what makes a filter work, other wise, why use one......;), same principle as changing oil, PROPER MAINTENANCE goes a long way!

This guy hit the nail on the head!!:D

Chino886
05-22-2006, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by ohsobad_chevy
This guy hit the nail on the head!!:D

With a Sledge Hammer!!! :macho

I bring an extra air filter on race day all ready to go just in case it is really dusty.....:eek2:

I have 3 K & Ns and 1 other paper type filter, all clean, all ready to go.

Not cleaning your air filter is like reusing oil, just doesn't make any sense!!!!!:macho

jeremy_283
05-22-2006, 03:43 PM
if its real dusty it will let dirt pass through even with proper maintenance........ when u said u never had any dust on the intake boot......... i think you probably never raced in a dusty condition.................... no matter wat i dont like k and n

Chino886
05-22-2006, 04:15 PM
if its real dusty it will let dirt pass through even with proper maintenance........ when u said u never had any dust on the intake boot......... i think you probably never raced in a dusty condition.................... no matter wat i dont like k and n

your right, what dust?

Chino886
05-22-2006, 04:16 PM
both of these pics are from the first lap, first moto.

ohsobad_chevy
05-22-2006, 04:23 PM
LOL, what dust...

Chino886
05-22-2006, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by ohsobad_chevy
LOL, what dust...

in the 2nd pic, that is dust from us braking.....that is going into the first turn.....:eek2:

GOOD OLE MIDWEST DROUGHT WILL DO THAT TO YOU!

-copyguy-
05-22-2006, 05:00 PM
I was just gonna ask the same question...does it really make a difference on trails what you use???

Right now I've got a Moose filter on...without the stock core since the guy that owned it before me through it away...

Of these, or other brands, what would you guys use on the trails, creeks, and mud (cause that's where I ride)???

K&N - HA-4099
Amsoil - PSFA36
Uni - NU-4126ST
Twin Air - 150920
Twin Air Power Kit - 150921c

jeremy_283
05-22-2006, 05:03 PM
ok then....... well good luck to you........ but i dont like my k and n filter so i am getting a uni....... maybe its my fault its passing dust or maybe its a defect in that particular air filter or maybe its a POS ......... CT racing says the same thing about k and n

jeremy_283
05-22-2006, 05:06 PM
i say uni .................. k and n is best left to the dunes........... it doesnt really matter wat type of foam filter u have

400exMO
05-22-2006, 07:44 PM
extremejrowe you're missing the point chino's trying to make. If you clean your filter properly with the lube at the end, the K@Ns are great. I personally don't like them because they're alot of maintenance. But I'll always run them because in my opinion the extra time spent cleaning them is well worth the power.

If you're having problems with your K@N definentely try another filter, some are better suited for others.

jeremy_283
05-22-2006, 07:56 PM
i know who chino is but he doesnt know who i am.......... arent those pics from the proving grounds chino? i cant quite make it out................ i hate k and n.......... thats all

jeremy_283
05-22-2006, 07:58 PM
foamfoamfoamfoamfoamfoamfoamfoamfoamfoamfoamfoamfo amfoamfoamfoamfoamfoamfoamfoamfoamfoamfoamfoamfoam foamfoamfoamfoamfoamfoamfoamfoamfoamfoamfoamfoamfo amfoamfoamfoamfoamfoamfoamfoamfoamfoamfoamfoamfoam ffoamfoamfoamfoamfoamfoamfoamfoamfoamfoamfoamfoamf oamfoamfoamfoamfoamoamfoamfoamfoamfoamfoamfoamfoam foamfoamfoamfoamfoamfoamfoamfoamfoamfoamfoamfoamfo amfoamfoamfoamfoamfoamfoamfoamfoamfoamfoamfoamfoam foamfoamfoamfoamfoamfoamfoamfoamfoamfoamfoamfoamfo amfoamfoamfoamfoamfoamfoam........................ NOT...... gauzegauzegauzgauzgauzegauzeegagauzegauzeuzeeggauz egauzeauzegauzegauzegauzegauzegauzegauzegagauzegau zeuzegauzegauzegauzegauzegauzgauzegauzee

Chino886
05-22-2006, 08:15 PM
i know who chino is but he doesnt know who i am.......... arent those pics from the proving grounds chino? i cant quite make it out................ i hate k and n.......... thats all

Hey JRowe,

I am not trying to start an argument, just stating the facts.

Those pics are from Timber Run, it is a relatively new track that I have been racing at.

Dave

jeremy_283
05-22-2006, 08:30 PM
oh cuz timber run was closed for the caatv races

jeremy_283
05-22-2006, 08:32 PM
i like this link........ http://www.ctracing.com/air.htm

Chino886
05-22-2006, 08:32 PM
oh cuz timber run was closed for the caatv races

Were you gonna go?

I couldn't of gone because I was buying my house on that day.

What class do you race?

jeremy_283
05-22-2006, 09:04 PM
ummmmmm......... im a beginner....... c sportsman....... only raced 1 race so far.... heres the post i used to convince my parents to let me........ http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=229368 ................ http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=229332 ........... im usually with Kelley the yfz kid that keeps on blowing his engine............... or Gresham the 450r ......... or i will start going with them ...... i was at sedalia and mmxp with them .............. i made that vid u saw on district 18..... and i asked u to help me get logged in on district 18............ and srry for being an *** earlier its just that i dont trust my k and n right now

jeremy_283
05-22-2006, 09:07 PM
and in those pics if u have the blingstar bumper it seems to me that your not going through dust much........... :)

Chino886
05-22-2006, 09:11 PM
Hey J,

No hard feelings, I know how frustrating stuff gets.

I have never raced anywhere else, this is my first year also.

I have been running open C down at TRMX. I am doing alright, after 3 races I was 3rd in the springs series, but I missed the last series race. I am probably in 6th now, but oh well, its not the end of the world.

The K & N flows better, with proper care, it is a good filter, that's all I was saying. What I do is......clean the filter every time I clean the bike, it only takes 20 or so minutes, that way it is recharged every time you go ride....

I have an extra one that I can sell you for cheap if you want, its not in the greatest shape, I bought it used and I have not even used it. I used to run a UNI and those things are a pain in the arse to clean.......trust me.

I hope that helps. Hopefully we will see each other at a race sometime.

Good Luck!

Chino886
05-22-2006, 09:13 PM
and in those pics if u have the blingstar bumper it seems to me that your not going through dust much........... :)

Thats not me, I am behind the white YFZ in the background, you can't see me in the dust cloud.....

The first jump on that track is a double, the only one that jumped it was the leader and maybe the second guy to his right, the rest of us rolled it cause we could not see, all of us usually hit it.

ohsobad_chevy
05-23-2006, 07:37 AM
i say uni .................. k and n is best left to the dunes........... it doesnt really matter wat type of foam filter u have

DUDE, Just like he said, K&N, UNI, etc. They are all good, they all require proper maintenance to make them work effectively. If your k&n isnt working, either you didnt prep it right or it is defective. You can always put the outerware on the k&n in extra dusty situations.

jeremy_283
05-23-2006, 03:24 PM
holy shiot........ i have a pre filter.............. i do maintainenece and do it right

jeremy_283
05-24-2006, 05:42 AM
good good good stay with uni

450R-156
05-24-2006, 08:44 AM
How bout Twin Air filters

Chino886
05-24-2006, 10:04 AM
To each their own......:bandit:

jeremy_283
05-24-2006, 04:27 PM
TWIN AIR? .......... yes.............. as long as its foam