PDA

View Full Version : What did Matt Smiley race at John Penton

scramblerracer
05-20-2006, 05:14 PM
I Just read that Smiley and Polaris have seperated. It said that He wouldn't be racing a polaris at the John Penton. I wanted to know what he rode and how he did. I have been a fan of his for a few years- Have felt bad for him struggling this year.

theTman
05-20-2006, 05:21 PM
450r

GE4x4
05-20-2006, 07:09 PM
I just read that he didn't even race.

prepracing
05-21-2006, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by GE4x4
I just read that he didn't even race.

Diddo that, I didn't see his name on the Pro class results on GNCC website

cp450r
05-22-2006, 08:58 PM
Jenks told me that Smiley couldn't race anything else because of his contract with Polaris. If he did he would have to pay back some of the money they already paid him.

Panda
05-25-2006, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by cp450r
Jenks told me that Smiley couldn't race anything else because of his contract with Polaris. If he did he would have to pay back some of the money they already paid him.

Yea that my have been true before they detminated the contract, but after, you can run anything you want. just like any other sponsor contract.

dopeyferree
05-30-2006, 04:55 PM
Anyone know why they split?

GE4x4
05-30-2006, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Panda
Yea that my have been true before they detminated the contract, but after, you can run anything you want. just like any other sponsor contract.

Not allways true, it depends on who quit who. If Smiley quit or did something against his contract, Polaris could still hold him to his full contract term.

Panda
05-31-2006, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by GE4x4
Not allways true, it depends on who quit who. If Smiley quit or did something against his contract, Polaris could still hold him to his full contract term.

If he did something or quit, that would terminate the contract.

GE4x4
06-01-2006, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by Panda
If he did something or quit, that would terminate the contract.

If you sign a contract to do a job for a time period and got paid for it then decide you don't want to do it anymore and quit, or broke the contract by a injury or riding another quad, your still by law are under the contract. When you sign something you are obligated to fulfill it. Smiley just can't break a contract without any repracusions. Now if Polaris excepts his leaving and decides to rip up the paper, then that would meen he could race another quad.