PDA

View Full Version : dirtbike question

TRX23rider
05-20-2006, 03:48 PM
i just needed some clearification on what the are the main differences between the yz250f and the wr250f other than the lights? is the enigine the same in both bikes? i cant decide which one to go with. i ride mostly trails with the occasional jumps and trips to the mx track. would the wr even be able to handle an mx track or should i just stick with the yz?

theTman
05-20-2006, 03:58 PM
im almost sure the gearing and etc is different seeing as how one is MX and one isnt

TRX23rider
05-20-2006, 04:00 PM
do you mean the internal gearing or the sprocket sizes?

theTman
05-20-2006, 04:06 PM
probobly both, dont hold me on that though

05-20-2006, 04:13 PM
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products/modelspeccompare/12/1358/0/compare.aspx

that should help idk what years you are talking about but this should help

TRX23rider
05-20-2006, 04:40 PM
thanks for the link! does anyone havew any expirence jumping the wr? by the looks of the specs the suspension is pretty much the same. i originally wanted a mx bike but found a very nice wr for cheap and i just want to know if it will be able to handle the ocasional trip to the mx track. anyone with any expirence would be apperciated.

thanks

05-20-2006, 04:52 PM
some mag i was looking at said the wr250 isnt worth the money and it is underpowered

TRX23rider
05-20-2006, 05:29 PM
yeah i looked at some reviews of them to and i saw the same thing. i think im might just look into a wr450f or a yz250f. the 450 would be plenty of power. i just need to find one thats in my price range.

zeppelin
05-20-2006, 05:51 PM
well if you didnt get all of your answers from the link...
the wr has different less powerfull cams, softer suspension (utoo soft for any kind of jumping), electric start, a kick stand, lights, heavier flywheel,and air pump on a heavir and mor restrictive exhaust, larger gas tank, wider gear ratios, lower first gear,a differnt throttle tube that only lets you open it up to 3/4, leaner jetting, a radiator over flow catch, different rear wheel, and i think it has a softer seat, lower compretion and larger radiators.

05-20-2006, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by zeppelin
well if you didnt get all of your answers from the link...
the wr has different less powerfull cams, softer suspension (utoo soft for any kind of jumping), electric start, a kick stand, lights, heavier flywheel,and air pump on a heavir and mor restrictive exhaust, larger gas tank, wider gear ratios, lower first gear,a differnt throttle tube that only lets you open it up to 3/4, leaner jetting, a radiator over flow catch, different rear wheel, and i think it has a softer seat, lower compretion and larger radiators.

lol not to much difference :eek2: :eek: