PDA

View Full Version : Matt Smiley

400exrules
05-20-2006, 01:44 PM
There is probably already a thread about this but Matt Smiley is now no longer with Polaris. I could kinda see it coming because it didnt seem like he was happy with the outlaw or predator. he's on a honda 450r now

Mxjunkie
05-20-2006, 01:46 PM
ahh we'll be seeing smiley kicking *** now :devil:

TheFontMaster
05-20-2006, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
ahh we'll be seeing smiley kicking *** now :devil:

What you talkin bout, he kicked *** while he was on the predator. I thought he would do alot better once he got on an outlaw.

Ralph
05-20-2006, 02:28 PM
link http://www.atvriders.com/atvnews/polarismattsmileyatvgncc.html

Hon300ex
05-20-2006, 03:22 PM
polaris is now screwed. they release a new independent rear suspension quad that is practically designed for GNCC races and now they loose the only rider that could have one it for them. Who else do they have now? That was a big mistake on polaris’s end by not catering to matt smiley more.

Mxjunkie
05-20-2006, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
What you talkin bout, he kicked *** while he was on the predator. I thought he would do alot better once he got on an outlaw.

He'll be even better on the honda. ;)

400exrules
05-21-2006, 12:40 AM
i didnt see it goin far, the outlaw looks like a POS, and how many predators and outlaws do you even see around in the woods???:huh ...yah, not many

it seems like polaris just always tries so hard to do or make something different and they just fall on their face every time.

but im gonna die laughin if smiley podiums on a 450r

Warnerade
05-21-2006, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
but im gonna die laughin if smiley podiums on a 450r why would that be funny?

RaptorRacer45
05-21-2006, 01:00 PM
b\c it would show that it was almost defently the problem of the Machine and not Matt Himself:D

Mxjunkie
05-21-2006, 01:14 PM
i didnt see it goin far, the outlaw looks like a POS, and how many predators and outlaws do you even see around in the woods???:huh ...yah, not many

it seems like polaris just always tries so hard to do or make something different and they just fall on their face every time.

but im gonna die laughin if smiley podiums on a 450r

How is a BRAND new machine a pos? :huh

prepracing
05-21-2006, 01:43 PM
well obviously he didn't feel comfortable on a new machine this weekend because he didn't race

gbcap
05-21-2006, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
How is a BRAND new machine a pos? :huh

a brand is nothing. husky tools is a BRAND name but it doesn't even compare to the quality of craftsman, snapon, cornwell, mac etc.

i think the bike looks like crap, rides like crap and obviously doesn't finish well. he will podium and i think it will show how good of a rider he really is.

hell didn't smily ditch the outlaw after florida? that should show you something.

does he have any manufactuer backing or was it his own choice?

Ralph
05-21-2006, 02:03 PM
I'm sure everything isn't as obvious as it may seem to some of you. I'm sure it takes a lot for a rider to just end his agreement with a manufacturer and then continue on a diff bike,

Warnerade
05-21-2006, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by gbcap
a brand is nothing. husky tools is a BRAND name but it doesn't even compare to the quality of craftsman, snapon, cornwell, mac etc.

i think the bike looks like crap, rides like crap and obviously doesn't finish well. he will podium and i think it will show how good of a rider he really is.

hell didn't smily ditch the outlaw after florida? that should show you something.

does he have any manufactuer backing or was it his own choice? i think even the dumbest of the dumbasses will be able to decipher what he was trying to say. The word brand can be used as either or...kind of like the word ****..it can be used as any part of speech...

400exrules
05-21-2006, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
why would that be funny?

the irony....since he left polaris, if he does really good on a honda it would be funny.....and it would make polaris look like even more crap

jb500ex
05-21-2006, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by prepracing
well obviously he didn't feel comfortable on a new machine this weekend because he didn't race
thats not why he didn't race

RaptorRacer45
05-21-2006, 04:20 PM
Well before more rumors or assumptions are posted up.....then do u know why he didnt Race?

DOHC
05-21-2006, 04:33 PM
the irony....since he left polaris, if he does really good on a honda it would be funny.....and it would make polaris look like even more crap
have u ever owned a polaris there not crap at all i own hondas and polaris's and i wish i got a preddy over my 400ex. My scrambler has never ever ever let me down i run the **** out of it and it just keeps coming back for more

400exrules
05-21-2006, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by DOHC
have u ever owned a polaris there not crap at all i own hondas and polaris's and i wish i got a preddy over my 400ex. My scrambler has never ever ever let me down i run the **** out of it and it just keeps coming back for more

no thanks, ill stick to honda. polaris has never impressed me

shaff107
05-21-2006, 04:48 PM
matt didnt race due to contract agreements .... thats all im gonna say on the subject at this time .......

quad2xtreme
05-21-2006, 04:56 PM
If he runs a 450r and makes it to the podium, it tells me that the Polaris is a good trail machine for the average joe but that even a pro rider cannot make up for the added weight compared to other professionals on lighter quads. That added weight has to take its toll on the rider over the course of a 4 lap race. I was hoping the other benefits of the Outlaw would make up the difference but I am not sold on the Predator or the Outlaw for GNCC type racing.

If he doesn't do any better on a 450r then maybe the Outlaw is fine for GNCC after all. Matt switching in mid season will certainly help tell the difference.

/Jon

GE4x4
05-21-2006, 06:05 PM

Yeh, but it could back fire to. What if he doesn't do good.

RaptorRacer45
05-21-2006, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by GE4x4
Yeh, but it could back fire to. What if he doesn't do good.

Then he didnt gain or lose anything from leaving Polaris.....He hasnt done good yet this season for a Pro Rider

Ralph
05-21-2006, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by RaptorRacer45
Well before more rumors or assumptions are posted up.....then do u know why he didnt Race?

do you know anything about legal contracts?