PDA

View Full Version : Wait, the 700R doesn't have shock resevoirs?

nozerider
05-20-2006, 12:07 AM
WTF were the Yamaha engineers thinking?

MadDog56
05-20-2006, 02:12 AM
They were thinking that the vast majority of recreational atv riders have no need for resiviours and most that think they do just like them because it "looks cool". And since the bike was already going to cost more than any other sport atv out at the time they didn't want to have to push the price any higher than it already was.

People who are going to race would have replaced the shocks anyway even if they had been yfz type shocks. There is just a small group of people like you who are truly unhappy about the situation, despite the fact that most of these people probably don't NEED rezzies anyway.

nozerider
05-20-2006, 10:11 AM
Please don't make assumptions. I am not "truly unhappy" I only made this topic because I have been hearing alot of "I bottomed out over a speedbump/knoll/etc." These claims didn't make a lick of sense until I noticed this on the pictures. To me, leaving these off of a quad this high performance does not add up.

MadDog56
05-20-2006, 01:13 PM
A lack of resiviours is not why the shocks allow riders to bottom out, its the quality and specification of the shock itself. You need to familiarize yourself with what a resiviour actually does. They help cool the oil/gas in the shock and decrease fade over time. One jump isnt going to see the benefit, the second, third and fourth jumps are where it will start to come into the picture.

IMO the bike is in need of better shocks, but except for the 450 bikes this is always the case for many riders.

Blue_Streak23
05-20-2006, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by MadDog56
IMO the bike is in need of better shocks, but except for the 450 bikes this is always the case for many riders.

Very true!