PDA

View Full Version : Da Vinci Code

Tommy 17
05-19-2006, 09:30 PM
well i just got back from seeing the movie... i watched it at a drive in and lets just say...

GO SEE IT!!! the story is awesome... the movie and acting is great... theres never a dull moment and thats all i'm sayin... i don't wanna ruin anything...

05-19-2006, 09:35 PM
I heard the albino population is mad about the movie, and so is everybody in india.

Warnerade
05-19-2006, 09:39 PM
i heard its absolutely garbage compared to the book...and i can beleive it, becuase the book was amazing.

I dont think Tom Hanks should have played the role, if you read the code and angels and demons..you will not picture robert langdon to be a tom hanks...

DeerNuts
05-20-2006, 02:14 AM
Odd that people at Cannes never seem to be that on.

But still, a movie is never as good or detailed as a book for obvious reasons. The whole thing never caught on with me though so I'm not gonna read the book or watch the movie. Doesn't really seem that interesting.

And Tommy, if you saw it at a drive-in, then how did you even manage to watch it? We all know what drive-ins are for!

Tommy 17
05-20-2006, 09:12 AM
i haven't read the complete book yet because i haen't had time but i plan on it... actually the movie does get into detail and its nice to see certain things in pictures... they explain everything very well...

and tom hanks was a great actor in this movie... i thought he did the role very good...

yeah i saw it at the drive in... and usually that is what happens there haha

Warnerade
05-20-2006, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
i haven't read the complete book yet because i haen't had time but i plan on it... actually the movie does get into detail and its nice to see certain things in pictures... they explain everything very well...

and tom hanks was a great actor in this movie... i thought he did the role very good... I am sure tom played the role very good, the man is a good actor..but if you read the full book..and if you pick up angels and demons (the prequal to the code, the books is twice as good as the code in my opinion) you will not picture robert langdon to be someone like tom hanks...but more of nicholas cage

Mxjunkie
05-20-2006, 09:28 AM
I could see Cage playing the roll in the movie really well. I thought it was allright, I might read the book just to see the differnce.

Ralph
05-20-2006, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
I could see Cage playing the roll in the movie really well. I thought it was allright, I might read the book just to see the differnce.

If you wanna see nicholas cage then go see National Treasure, isnt he in that one? Anybody feel that national treasure was a wannabe Davinci code?

tmoney
05-20-2006, 04:19 PM
Am I the only one who thinks Tom Hanks hair is just friggin weird?

harescrambles
05-20-2006, 05:53 PM
I will go see it tomarow. then we'll see:D

Mxjunkie
05-20-2006, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by tmoney
Am I the only one who thinks Tom Hanks hair is just friggin weird?

it's his forehead haha

coolex
05-20-2006, 06:34 PM
i havent read or seen the movie but everyone i half talked to loved the book but absulutley hated the book

in the news paper it was a 1, 1/2 star movie:ermm:

miller821
05-20-2006, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
If you wanna see nicholas cage then go see National Treasure, isnt he in that one? Anybody feel that national treasure was a wannabe Davinci code?
Dunno, but that was a pretty good movie...

05-20-2006, 07:06 PM
i saw King kong (whatever its called) today it was so stupid i left (i dont like fake stuf)

Warnerade
05-21-2006, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Ralph
If you wanna see nicholas cage then go see National Treasure, isnt he in that one? Anybody feel that national treasure was a wannabe Davinci code? i dont tihnk it was a complete wanna be...

so now anymore that comes out with the story line of someone years ago leaving behind clues for something great and some young scholar finds it, is going to be a copy cat of the code?

Ralph
05-21-2006, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
i dont tihnk it was a complete wanna be...

so now anymore that comes out with the story line of someone years ago leaving behind clues for something great and some young scholar finds it, is going to be a copy cat of the code?

yes

Warnerade
05-21-2006, 02:19 PM
oh, well...the da vinci code was published in 2004, national treasure was released in late 04 or early 05...wouldnt it be a little hard for them to read the book and make a movie all within about a years time frame?

your right ralph....they must have copied the code.

Ralph
05-21-2006, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
oh, well...the da vinci code was published in 2004, national treasure was released in late 04 or early 05...wouldnt it be a little hard for them to read the book and make a movie all within about a years time frame?

your right ralph....they must have copied the code.

probably.:)

redracing88
05-21-2006, 03:52 PM
down here in easton there was a fuggin riot outside about jesus loves you dont watch the da vinci code me and my dad were bawlin laughing so hard bahaha

Warnerade
05-21-2006, 08:42 PM
just got back from seeing it and all i have to say is wow.

If i didnt read the book first, I would love the movie...but the fact that the movie left out so many important details that would take an extra 5 minutes to put in the movie is just ridiculous...I now know why it only got 1 star or whatever low rating it got.

dragracer101
05-21-2006, 08:46 PM
i heard on the news that is kinda underrated