PDA

View Full Version : 450r, yfz450, ltr450

nicktrx400ex
05-19-2006, 07:09 PM
which one would you get im asking couse some might wish they got somthing else i need a 450.

jshtex
05-19-2006, 07:42 PM
If you are serious you need to ride them and pick the one that fits you and whatever it is that you want to do with it.

Any one of them can win a race (any kind of race) with the better rider on it.

05-19-2006, 07:47 PM
why would you post this on a honda thread?

nicktrx400ex
05-19-2006, 07:48 PM
just a thought to see others oppinions im also a honda person.lol

CHEVYZ
05-19-2006, 08:42 PM
Each of them have different attributes which suit various personalities, so it is really all about what you like. I had the same decision to make and went with the 06 450r... I could not be happier. Personally, I love the power, and I love the way it feels and fits me. From what I have seen around here, the LT-R is the smoothest and best handling of the bunch. The YFZ is very well rounded for everything I believe, so it has some very easy accessed potential to all riding..... the only problem with the YFZs is that some, myself included feel very cramped and uncomfortable on them. The TRX has a great engine, and is my personal favorite. From what I have seen, it is the fastest, but it is no doubt every bit as potent as the other 450s. A great thing on the Honda is it's extremely easy to work on. The quad is also pretty well balanced, and though it does not have the stock handling characteristics of the other 450s, it shines in other areas and is a great quad to have fun with. It is my personal favorite when it comes to areas like XC, but again, that is mostly personal prefernece. LOL, I guess you also have to love that good ole' Honda reliabilty, too though..;)

nicktrx400ex
05-19-2006, 08:47 PM
insteadof buying new im gona buy a race ready 450r thanks what ive come up with

05-19-2006, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by nicktrx400ex
insteadof buying new im gona buy a race ready 450r thanks what ive come up with be carful. they are usally ragged to hell and fall apart within hours of riding. ive heard WAY too many horror strories from it.

quadhauler
05-20-2006, 08:59 PM
Last weekend I was lucky enough to ride the Yamaha-Honda-Suzuki 06 450's back to back up at Sand Mountain Nevada. The Yamaha was piped, the Suzuki had a pipe and the cherry bomb installed and the Honda had the HRC kit installed. 3 day's later I picked up an 06 Honda!! The Suzuki just didn't have enough low end hit for my tastes, you really had to keep it singing to go anywhere, but it did handle really nice. The Yamaha was really nice as well with great power through the range, except it was really uncomfortable for me, mainly because the seat was so hard and I just didn't like the feel. The Honda was outstanding! Best power of the 3 hands down, not even sure if it was the fastest although it did feel like it, but it just ripped right off idle all the way through the top end. The Honda was super comfortable for me. It was my favorits hands down and I was headed towards the Suzuki until I rode them all.

nicktrx400ex
05-20-2006, 09:05 PM
i wish i could fid someone in NC to let me ride theirs